If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,544 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I did all I could to ensure good luck in 2021.
    ssy8x0ntppkg.jpg

Black eyed peas
    Collard greens
    Buttermilk cornbread

Happy New Year!

Now I just have to weight for neighbors to get home to drop off care packages. This batch of cornbread was 14 sticks in cast iron, four sticks in thin steel, and eight triangles from the cast iron cornbread pan.
    yo8ald1ro530.jpg

You don't do ham?

There's some back bacon in the greens for flavor. Ham has never been part of my tradition. But if it's lucky, I'll eat some. I think I have some prosciutto in the fridge. Does that count?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    ogepxwrqiroq.png
    entire pack

I used to like the vanilla ones. :/

I used to always eat them out of the bulk bins when I went to the grocery store with my mom as a kid 😆.

which just reinforces that open bulk bins are highly questionable....might just give you a little something extra with that bag of whatever you bagged....eeekkkk 😮😬
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I did all I could to ensure good luck in 2021.
    ssy8x0ntppkg.jpg

Black eyed peas
    Collard greens
    Buttermilk cornbread

Happy New Year!

Now I just have to weight for neighbors to get home to drop off care packages. This batch of cornbread was 14 sticks in cast iron, four sticks in thin steel, and eight triangles from the cast iron cornbread pan.
    yo8ald1ro530.jpg

Yum 🤤
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    ogepxwrqiroq.png
    entire pack

I used to like the vanilla ones. :/

I used to always eat them out of the bulk bins when I went to the grocery store with my mom as a kid 😆.

which just reinforces that open bulk bins are highly questionable....might just give you a little something extra with that bag of whatever you bagged....eeekkkk 😮😬

Yes! I would NEVER buy from bulk bins. :D
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,323 Member
    Options

There's some back bacon in the greens for flavor. Ham has never been part of my tradition. But if it's lucky, I'll eat some. I think I have some prosciutto in the fridge. Does that count?

That works.

u6gnbs6pbs03.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    The BEST crispy sweet potato fries from this restaurant I had visiting family last year. Actually could go for the burger and sandwich too. dc20rzff060d.jpeg
    5rfa9unz51tw.jpeg
    uhv3qagldq15.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Pan Fried Brie with Peppered Honey....These are the best crackers imo (more like a cookie to me...)
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

I am munching on one of the items on this plate right now. The other item looks gross to me :)

Well, you know I'm now wondering what your gross out item is! Is it the...crackers?

Nope. I am munching on the crisps. I am not a fan on that slab of cheesy mess... never was, never will be. Even back in my "fun" days.
    Never seen those crackers what is the brand/name of them?
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »

That works.

u6gnbs6pbs03.jpg

Yep. Black-eyed peas represent coins. Collards; paper money. Sunshine biscuits are gold. Money can't buy happiness, but it can't hurt. These symbols are also supposed to represent prosperity in general, not just financial prosperity.

Happy New Year!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Well.... Looks like maybe I had the pork delivered.

Neighbor brought "kraut balls" on the plate I left them full of other goodies. Seems to be sauerkraut, ground pork, and blue cheese rolled into balls, rolled in bread crumbs and deep fried.

I hope fried food is good luck..... Because it's sure tasty.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    Pan Fried Brie with Peppered Honey....These are the best crackers imo (more like a cookie to me...)
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

I am munching on one of the items on this plate right now. The other item looks gross to me :)

Well, you know I'm now wondering what your gross out item is! Is it the...crackers?

Nope. I am munching on the crisps. I am not a fan on that slab of cheesy mess... never was, never will be. Even back in my "fun" days.

After I posted this, I later thought that it was most likely the cheese. Actually the crackers inspired me to post it in the first place 🤣🤣 I could totally leave the brie cheese but I would absolutely love those crackers with some blue cheese or salty feta.😉
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

After I posted this, I later thought that it was most likely the cheese. Actually the crackers inspired me to post it in the first place 🤣🤣 I could totally leave the brie cheese but I would absolutely love those crackers with some blue cheese or salty feta.😉

C'mon guys don't leave me hanging! What kind of crackers are they!?!
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

fq3g87515w7l.png

hwg94lgo8l2w.pnglkydwzfalgbu.png

There would be many instances where I'd much rather have a few of these instead of dessert!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2021
    Options
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

fq3g87515w7l.png

There would be many instances where I'd much rather have a few of these instead of dessert!

Those look so good, do they have a name? I've never seen anything like them before, but need to try them now, lol. I searched amazon for "seedy crackers" but didn't see anything that looked like them.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

fq3g87515w7l.png

Those look so good, do they have a name? I've never seen anything like them before, but need to try them now, lol. I searched amazon for "seedy crackers" but didn't see anything that looked like them.
    I like this brand: 3fvn5ghlwr75.png
    Trader Joe's has some too.
    Easy to make them though to: https://under500calories.com/recipe/23c86-copycat-trader-joes-pumpkin-cranberry-crisps
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    You can make these at home if you want. I think they're based on a Norwegian crisp bread.

Essentially you make a very wet batter that has a crapton (a technical term) of seeds, then bake on a sheet pan and cut into size as they cool.

If I made them, I'd eat them all. So tasty. Every now and then I'll get some of these at Trader Joe's. I struggle with leaving some for the day after I open the package.

34fg0ait497s.png

The ingredients are sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, wholemeal rye flour, oat bran, oatmeal, flaxseed, spelt wheat bran, wheat bran, water, sea salt, salt, oregano, thyme. More seeds than flour. Yum.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Now I'm thinking I want some of these.
    pscngzx4bn7h.jpg
    wei2vhijzb6d.jpg
    ee69d0677bby.jpg
    I think they are similar to @PAPYRUS3 biscuits
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Now I'm thinking I want some of these.
    pscngzx4bn7h.jpg
    wei2vhijzb6d.jpg
    ee69d0677bby.jpg
    I think they are similar to @PAPYRUS3 biscuits

Should I bring some Brie?

Or Cambozola?

Because these would be great with Cambozola.

typcx9qal0jw.png

I'd give that a try.. I love brie too though 🤤
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    Sounds like I'm not alone in my craving for these crispy/addictive 'things'🙃