Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    Cajunbby93 wrote: »
    I actually hate neighbors. So I bought two acres right outside of town because I refuse to pay 200+ thousand dollars for a house where an HOA tells me what to do and the neighbors can hear my tv. NO THANK YOU.

I have acres but because it’s a long, narrow piece of land, I still have noisy neighbors on either side of me who sacrifice a skunk on their porch every night.

Mines a long peice of land too but My house was built in the center of the land with a long driveway.

I just wanna know why they’re sacrificing skunks. My neighbors just have horses and free range chickens.
    FUNFACT: I’m scared of chickens. So sometimes I just hide in the house or let my golden retriever outside to scare them away.
    So smart
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I actually hate neighbors. So I bought two acres right outside of town because I refuse to pay 200+ thousand dollars for a house where an HOA tells me what to do and the neighbors can hear my tv. NO THANK YOU.

I have acres but because it’s a long, narrow piece of land, I still have noisy neighbors on either side of me who sacrifice a skunk on their porch every night.

Are your neighbors Larry, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl?

I love those guys!
  • _Brigit
    _Brigit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I’m not a bad *kitten*. I’m kind of a mediocre moderately insecure somewhat reclusive person who has most often taken a path with minimal resistance.

Well it looks like I will be seeing you at the 2024 mediocre moderately insecure somewhat reclusive person who has most often taken a path with minimal resistance convention

Man - I’m just only learning of said convention - is it invite only or can any mmisr show up - asking for a friend -

Open invite. The reclusive bit really takes a toll on our are attendance. If you show up we will double 2023’s turnout!

Yep. I probably won't show but I'll be there in spirit.
  • Twinkletoes2023
    Twinkletoes2023 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Who am I? Good question.. time I found myself again 🥴💪🏻
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    subdude1 wrote: »
    I love frog legs. 🤤

I’ve only had them from Nathan’s when I visited Coney Island in NYC but they were delicious.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    I do not eat frogs or their skinny little legs.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,144 Member
    Options

They can be pretty good. Similar to gaitor tail.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

Ohhh, well then I’ll eat em for sure! 😝😂
    I thought you were gonna tell me they taste like chicken. ☺️
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,144 Member
    Options

Ohhh, well then I’ll eat em for sure! 😝😂
    I thought you were gonna tell me they taste like chicken. ☺️

Everything tastes like chicken 🐔
  • Beachside0668
    Beachside0668 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started from the very bottom with nothing and have worked very very hard to get where I am today. It has been a long journey but I am now the owner of a construction company that I started from the ground up but doesn’t mean that my title make me too good to load trailers and work in the field. I am very proud of what I have accomplished and look forward to the future and what lies ahead.💪🏼
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I hate confrontation & I dislike being criticized but I’d rather have that in a full fledged argument than have someone I care about stonewall me or try to appease me without expressing themselves

One effective way to cause me to disengage from the relationship is to shut down

I get it, I’m opinionated & scary. Get over it & learn to disagree with me out loud
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I hate confrontation & I dislike being criticized but I’d rather have that in a full fledged argument than have someone I care about stonewall me or try to appease me without expressing themselves

One effective way cause me to disengage from the relationship is to shut down

I get it, I’m opinionated & scary. Get over it & learn to disagree with me out loud

I try to teach my children this - it’s ok to have an uncomfortable conversation with the ones you love - cause if they truly love you - you can each state exactly how you feel without fear - cuz we should still love each other regardless and if we don’t - well it’s better to find that out sooner than later
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

One effective way cause me to disengage from the relationship is to shut down

I try to teach my children this - it’s ok to have an uncomfortable conversation with the ones you love - cause if they truly love you - you can each state exactly how you feel without fear - cuz we should still love each other regardless and if we don’t - well it’s better to find that out sooner than later
    Yes! We can disagree & get heated but I will still love you. Arguing does not end the relationship. At least for me.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I still have my tonsils.
    I’ve never had a cavity.
    Surgeon did his best to talk me into letting him have my gallbladder but I said no. It causes me no problems.
    I had never broken a bone until 2018 when sick, I passed out, fell and mangled my left ring finger.
    😂😂😂I laugh that I can’t get a ring on that finger any more.
    Other than childbirth, I’ve only hurt myself bad enough to need stitches once as a kid, put my arm through a glass door.
    6 stitches at the AF base in Spain, I screamed the whole time. 😂
    I still have my appendix but was forced to give up my internal lady parts.
    Boy my life changed for the better after that!

I think looking back, I’ve been pretty fortunate not hurting myself more,
    especially since I was so reckless as a young teen.

TMI 😬🤣
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    I too have my tonsils
    The last cavity I had filled I did with no freezing because freezing makes me feel like I'll pass out...might be needle anxiety but I think it's whatever's in the freezing stuff
    I've had 10 teeth in total pulled in my lifetime
    I learned when trying to birth my child that at some point I broke my tailbone and it healed weirdly
    Before that I'd had stitches twice (falling on an escalator and a skate accident)
    Had my eyebrow glued together
    I've had one diagnosed concussion and probably two others at least
    I have had a c section and shoulder surgery. I guess having my wisdom teeth pulled was surgery too since I was put under.
    Pretty sure I broke a toe stubbing it on our kitchen island
    Majorly sprained my ankle slipping on some paper on the floor
    I guess I've hurt myself a lot
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I've broken an arm, a foot, a rib, herniated a disc and had sciatica for a year (twice), serious ankle sprain (twice), elbow tendonopathy, broken a couple of fingers and toes, sprained knee, sprained a facet joint, major shoulder surgery...but never quit an activity due to injury. Always came back and played more, did better, lifted more in the end.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    I've broken an arm, a foot, a rib, herniated a disc and had sciatica for a year (twice), serious ankle sprain (twice), elbow tendonopathy, broken a couple of fingers and toes, sprained knee, sprained a facet joint, major shoulder surgery...but never quit an activity due to injury. Always came back and played more, did better, lifted more in the end.

Ah sciatica...had that since my early teens. It's lovely. I also probably have a degenerative disc. Rotator cuff surgery...fell on my elbow basically daily in my teens, it's never been the same. Doing sports growing up means lots of injuries (there was the one summer I had to pack padding around my ankle until whatever nerve was bothering me was damaged enough it went numb...I was taking so much ibuprofen my ears were ringing....oops but had to train)
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

Ah sciatica...had that since my early teens. It's lovely. I also probably have a degenerative disc. Rotator cuff surgery...fell on my elbow basically daily in my teens, it's never been the same. Doing sports growing up means lots of injuries (there was the one summer I had to pack padding around my ankle until whatever nerve was bothering me was damaged enough it went numb...I was taking so much ibuprofen my ears were ringing....oops but had to train)

Yeah...the sciatica was pretty rough and disheartening. The first time, for a good while I thought it was going to be permanent. But, with prednisone, lots of ibuprofen, cobra stretches, reverse hypers...it slowly went away. I reinjured the same disc later, though, and had to repeat the whole process.

My shoulder has never been exactly the same, but the strength eventually came back. The range of motion never did.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I too have my tonsils
    The last cavity I had filled I did with no freezing because freezing makes me feel like I'll pass out...might be needle anxiety but I think it's whatever's in the freezing stuff
    I've had 10 teeth in total pulled in my lifetime
    I learned when trying to birth my child that at some point I broke my tailbone and it healed weirdly
    Before that I'd had stitches twice (falling on an escalator and a skate accident)
    Had my eyebrow glued together
    I've had one diagnosed concussion and probably two others at least
    I have had a c section and shoulder surgery. I guess having my wisdom teeth pulled was surgery too since I was put under.
    Pretty sure I broke a toe stubbing it on our kitchen island
    Majorly sprained my ankle slipping on some paper on the floor
    I guess I've hurt myself a lot

Okay, I need to know,
    “Had my eyebrow glued together”
    😂