Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    I've broken an arm, a foot, a rib, herniated a disc and had sciatica for a year (twice), serious ankle sprain (twice), elbow tendonopathy, broken a couple of fingers and toes, sprained knee, sprained a facet joint, major shoulder surgery...but never quit an activity due to injury. Always came back and played more, did better, lifted more in the end.

Ah sciatica...had that since my early teens. It's lovely. I also probably have a degenerative disc. Rotator cuff surgery...fell on my elbow basically daily in my teens, it's never been the same. Doing sports growing up means lots of injuries (there was the one summer I had to pack padding around my ankle until whatever nerve was bothering me was damaged enough it went numb...I was taking so much ibuprofen my ears were ringing....oops but had to train)

Yeah...the sciatica was pretty rough and disheartening. The first time, for a good while I thought it was going to be permanent. But, with prednisone, lots of ibuprofen, cobra stretches, reverse hypers...it slowly went away. I reinjured the same disc later, though, and had to repeat the whole process.

My shoulder has never been exactly the same, but the strength eventually came back. The range of motion never did.

My should I got normal person range of motion back but hyperextend my joints so didn't get that back which is ok. I know that's not really good for me to do anyway and was partly why I had to fight a bit to get it repaired because doctors didn't believe it was as bad as it was since I never lost range of moti. Luckily the MRI showed it was pretty messed up
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I too have my tonsils
    The last cavity I had filled I did with no freezing because freezing makes me feel like I'll pass out...might be needle anxiety but I think it's whatever's in the freezing stuff
    I've had 10 teeth in total pulled in my lifetime
    I learned when trying to birth my child that at some point I broke my tailbone and it healed weirdly
    Before that I'd had stitches twice (falling on an escalator and a skate accident)
    Had my eyebrow glued together
    I've had one diagnosed concussion and probably two others at least
    I have had a c section and shoulder surgery. I guess having my wisdom teeth pulled was surgery too since I was put under.
    Pretty sure I broke a toe stubbing it on our kitchen island
    Majorly sprained my ankle slipping on some paper on the floor
    I guess I've hurt myself a lot

Okay, I need to know,
    “Had my eyebrow glued together”
    😂

I fell waking down stairs, which carrying my boy, and my glasses broke and cut my eyebrow. So they glued it back together 😂

Oh I had a third round of stitches when I cut my calf on a bottle. The ER dr thought I was cutting myself and had to explain that I was just stupid
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,615 Member
    Options
    I’ve never had my fortune told,
    never had my palm read,
    no tealeaves, no tarot, no seance,
    absolutely no Ouija board and I never will.
    I am not a religious person but believe messing around with that stuff is a negative thing.
    I try to avoid the negative as much as possible.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    never had my palm read,
    I am not a religious person but believe messing around with that stuff is a negative thing.
    “Is that you, grandpa?”

“No, it isn’t”

😱
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,062 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    never had my palm read,

How do you feel about pendulum readings and scrying? 🔮 I didn’t see that listed.

I’m just teasing in case that didn’t translate. To each their own and many people share your view. It might even be one of their red flags 🚩about someone that’s interested in it.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    never had my palm read,

I've had my palm read and a kind of fake seance. Both very obvious fakes, just for fun. Not that fun, never went back. Got a palm reading book and tried to study it. Just about made it through the first chapter.
    But I absolutely believe in Chakras, pressure points, etc.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I do not drink coffee. It actually kind of digusts me. It reminds me of bad breath. I dont really drink tea either, but if i had to choose id go with tea
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I've cut out all caffeine and it's made me way less anxious. I mean I was never really an anxious person to begin with but I feel less jittery and heart racy which is nice
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I love coffee!! I do brush my teeth after I drink it though. After taste is gross.
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    When faced with a situation I can become quite inventive and think outside the box.

I never need instructions when building prefabbed furniture 😏. “Those extra pieces were included by mistake by the manufacturer”

I’ve only started drinking coffee in January
    I tasted YOGURT for the first time just 3 weeks ago and now I can’t stop eating it.

Have never tried cigs or weed and find them absolutely disgusting.( they are an instant turnoff )

I have ocd when it comes to my toolbag being neat

That’s me …🙋🏻‍♂️
  • livskinny23
    livskinny23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i hate mess, messy places and people. i have pretty screwed health. i love the smell of trees, i’m christian but not crazy christian. and i love the taste of coffee but it makes me sick so i’ve cut it out. that’s me :)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,615 Member
    Options
    Spotify just told me that for 2023,
    I listened to 55 genres of music.
    😊🎶🎵
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Spotify just told me that for 2023,
    I listened to 55 genres of music.
    😊🎶🎵

You are one of the most avid listeners on here and you have introduced me to some really great music!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,046 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I yell the same thing to our mayor every time he walks past me in a parade. So…2-3 times a year for around the last 6 years. Give or take if I missed a parade or something. (And now I have a little bit of regret for not saying it to him one on one when I saw him at a local coffee shop not too long ago.)

Edit to add: I’m not yelling at him. It’s more of a friendly slogan I shout as he walks by.
    Memorial Day
    4th of July
    Holiday Parade

My kids like parades. 😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I yell the same thing to our mayor every time he walks past me in a parade. So…2-3 times a year for around the last 6 years. Give or take if I missed a parade or something. (And now I have a little bit of regret for not saying it to him one on one when I saw him at a local coffee shop not too long ago.)

Freebird?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,046 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I’m really bad at recording things. I was supposed to record my brothers proposal with his camcorder. I had it off when it was up and pointing at them and on when it was pointing at the ground.🙈And my brother is SUPER into home movies.

I thought of it because we’re gearing up for Nutcracker performances. We can only record at dress rehearsal. There are moms who have their phones on tripods recording along with a big camera taking still pics. And I’m there recording bits and pieces. Sometimes the wrong kid. Because they’re so uniform it’s hard to tell! It’s gotten easier to tell as she’s gotten older though thankfully.

Don’t ever ask me to record something important for you.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I never cry or yell or get upset over spilt milk or pasta or chili or anything else. We just clean it up & move on
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I never cry or yell or get upset over spilt milk or pasta or chili or anything else. We just clean it up & move on

Sometimes a *kitten* slips out. A reflex I am working on.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I rather sit in silence than talk about nonsense. To me feels less awkward. But when I text, I text nonsense 🤷‍♀️
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I rather sit in silence than talk about nonsense. To me feels less awkward. But when I text, I text nonsense 🤷‍♀️

NTS - only ask you about the weather via text