Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    I have never taken a lover’s hoodie. I did once take a Master of Puppets t-shirt.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I joke around, but I grew up with the correct pronunciation of Worcestershire sauce. Anyone who has grown up in the northeast U.S. has heard of places like Worcester and Leicester and IMO should be able to figure it out.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I’ve driven the same vehicle model since ‘97.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I have never taken a lover’s hoodie. I did once take a Master of Puppets t-shirt.

Oh. I think I took a peacoat too. Sorry about that
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    When I was 16 or 17 I played Kate in Taming of the Shrew in a little Shakespeare company. I was planning on leaving the company but they promised me the part if I stayed for one more play. It’s still a bright spot on my life timeline
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Growing up my mother never knew where I was unless I was grounded. Even then the dog always needed to be walked.

Before cell phones.

And I got myself everywhere on my own from the age of eleven. Bike, bus, subway, on foot, cabs, and occasionally a lift from a friend or friends’s older sibling. School, acting class, friends’ houses, grandma’s house, work, church, youth group, and places I shouldn’t have been. It would not have occurred to me to ask my mother to drive me to any of those places.

I bet a lot of people my age & older have similar memories
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,046 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 or 18 I played Violet Beauregarde in our high schools Willy Wonka play. I’m sure I was pretty horrible. But I’d love to see the whole play today. Im sure it would probably be on an actual tape thrown somewhere in someone’s attic.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't love many people but if I ever loved you, I will love you forever.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Growing up my mother never knew where I was unless I was grounded. Even then the dog always needed to be walked.

Before cell phones.

And I got myself everywhere on my own from the age of eleven. Bike, bus, subway, on foot, cabs, and occasionally a lift from a friend or friends’s older sibling. School, acting class, friends’ houses, grandma’s house, work, church, youth group, and places I shouldn’t have been. It would not have occurred to me to ask my mother to drive me to any of those places.

On my mind because of this exchange with my 16 -year-old
    6hcuxegqcdbh.jpeg
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Before cell phones.

6hcuxegqcdbh.jpeg

My response to the last question would have been - go across the street and smoke cigarettes 😂 when I was 16 I mean
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Before cell phones.

6hcuxegqcdbh.jpeg

My response to the last question would have been - go across the street and smoke cigarettes 😂 when I was 16 I mean

Right? We were bad

My sister manages a store up the street so he’s going to go beg her for snacks. I have eyes everywhere 😂
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    For a few moments just a bit ago I kept tying "dairy" when I wanted to say "diary". My brain locked up, and I could no longer spell either. That's all it takes to put me in lockdown these days. Things are going well.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    🧶

The same thing happens to my friend Brain
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    When I was about 8, it was snowing out, I decided to make a snowball and put it in the refrigerator so I can play with it in the summer. My mom saw it, got pissed off and threw it in the sink. 😢
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »
    When I was about 8, it was snowing out, I decided to make a snowball and put it in the refrigerator so I can play with it in the summer. My mom saw it, got pissed off and threw it in the sink. 😢

Last year when we moved I threw out a container that had snow in it that my son had saved for years 😂 he was really made in threw it out. It's not like we don't get snow every single winter 😂🤣😂
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »

Last year when we moved I threw out a container that had snow in it that my son had saved for years 😂 he was really made in threw it out. It's not like we don't get snow every single winter 😂🤣😂

See, at least you let him keep it for years! I only had my snowball for about an hour.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I enjoy drums- like marching band/military drums. There must be some evolutionary reason why so many people find them stirring.
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My first name on my birth certificate was misspelled. Instead of having them correct it, my mom decided to just take a pen and correct it herself.

Something similar happened to me, my parents named me Thomas at birth but changed their mind by the time I was registered for a birth certificate.

All of my early documents and birth health book from the hospital say Thomas Daniel.

• itchmyTwitch
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »
    My first name on my birth certificate was misspelled. Instead of having them correct it, my mom decided to just take a pen and correct it herself.

Something similar happened to me, my parents named me Thomas at birth but changed their mind by the time I was registered for a birth certificate.

All of my early documents and birth health book from the hospital say Thomas Daniel.
    Mine says Twitcherina Twitchy
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Idk if I said this before but I use baby bodywash to shower. It's the secret to my super soft skin. No joke, people are surprised how soft my skin is.