The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Question: What do you all drink if you do go to bars/clubs? Probably a dumb Q and I apologize if it's been asked a lot already.

I am new to this and wouldn't honestly be concerned...but there's a special dj set at a bar in a couple of weeks, and I'd really like to go but it's no cover, so I feel completely weird not ordering anything at all. I'll feel less weird even getting a soda or whatever...but want ideas! Thanks in advance. (FTR the place I'm going is not fancy whatsoever and doesn't have food so it won't be like a dinner situation)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Question: What do you all drink if you do go to bars/clubs? Probably a dumb Q and I apologize if it's been asked a lot already.

I am new to this and wouldn't honestly be concerned...but there's a special dj set at a bar in a couple of weeks, and I'd really like to go but it's no cover, so I feel completely weird not ordering anything at all. I'll feel less weird even getting a soda or whatever...but want ideas! Thanks in advance. (FTR the place I'm going is not fancy whatsoever and doesn't have food so it won't be like a dinner situation)

my drink was vodka tonic so i get just tonic water with ice.....it looks like vodka tonic too
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    @Ed_Zilla agree with others, 1 month is a big deal

I was thinking today of going 3 month dry. Already did the 2 month. Can do March, April, May, get the 8-pack abs in time for summer and rock out with my bock out all summer.....hey? hey? hey!

I don't think I was clear about my meaning. I am proud to be here at 1 month AF. What I was meaning was, even though I still have to stay focused on the AF goal, there are so many more positives that I never knew existed 1 month ago, that it is just much easier to stay AF at 1 month than on Day 1 or week 1.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options

Club soda with cherries
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I drink whatever...In that situation, trying to blend in, I would drink club soda with limes or diet anything with limes. Adding the lime makes it look more like a "cocktail"
  • razorcut
    razorcut Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Ginger Ale with lime 👍

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    @Ed_Zilla agree with others, 1 month is a big deal

I was thinking today of going 3 month dry. Already did the 2 month. Can do March, April, May, get the 8-pack abs in time for summer and rock out with my bock out all summer.....hey? hey? hey!

Yes, on 2 mo!!!!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Congrats everyone! Sounds like many of you are reaching your goals. :)
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Ed_Zilla wrote: »

I drink whatever...In that situation, trying to blend in, I would drink club soda with limes or diet anything with limes. Adding the lime makes it look more like a "cocktail"

That's great!. You'll eventually get it. (:
  • ElC_76
    edited February 2019
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Congrats everyone! Sounds like many of you are reaching your goals. :)

Thankyou a million times over!!.. you have helped so many on this journey..xo
    Today makes 8 weeks AF for me!

Wacko!!,.. your really rocketing!!.. you'd be very proud of yourself
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    @EIC-76

Great posts, and well done on finding your path.
  • ElC_76
    Options
    @EIC-76

Great posts, and well done on finding your path.

Thanks!
    Also great profile pic,..please don't take me wrong, ..but it makes me think of some the effects alcohol has on the body. :smiley:
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @ElC_76 Great point ! I loved reading it. I now that you are evolving (we all are) and occasionally if we stumbled, it won’t derail us. Sounds like you have worked things out in your mind. It makes life simpler when you set boundaries and self-reflect. Like I said we are always evolving <3