Calorie Counter

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,066 Member Member Posts: 1,066 Member
    Thank you RubyRed427
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,420 Member Member Posts: 4,420 Member
    @annliz23 welcome to our group ! I am totally a newbie at sobriety as well. I am just taking it a day at a time and this thread has been a wonderful support and source of inspiration for me.

My first venture into the whole alcohol free thing was when I tried out Annie Grace 30 days alcohol experiment. It's free and I learnt so much in that 30 days and was the first time in forever I had managed (almost the full 30 days) to be sober for 29 days. That was my first step, personally in taking an extended break from drinking. And it did wonders to put that space between me and the bottle, it allowed me to think more clearly and assess things.

Apparently it takes a full 10 days before you are completely free from a low key low mood caused by drinking alcohol. So before that 10 days is up, and low or negative emotions are experienced, a person might think they need to reach for another drink, as they might be feeling anxious, for example. But what they don't realise, it's actually the alcohol that's causing these things in the first place. I found this really intresting to find out.

Wishing you so much luck on your journey!
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,735 Member Member Posts: 2,735 Member
    @donimfp Yahoo!! 20 weeks!! Yes, it does get a tiny bit easier with each passing day. After awhile, I keep thinking why would I want to ruin my trend or record. I like rewards! Don't we all? I hope you buy yourself something nice or get a nice massage this week! For me, I am waiting for my three month coin but for now, I touch my one month and two month coin which sits on my night stand each night. I also thank the universe for helping me stay sober one more day.

@annliz23 Take small steps now and you will make great gains. The days start to add up before you know it. On this thread, we have all tried different programs and it's nice to be part of a community of sober people who want the same thing.

I still get excited waking up on the weekends without feeling like death. I got so much accomplished today in general and I just don't want to ruin that good feeling for an hour or two of drinking.

I like seeing the thread hopping! You all motivate me!
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,735 Member Member Posts: 2,735 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo I do love Annie Grace! I did her 30 day about a year ago. Her videos are very good too.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,420 Member Member Posts: 4,420 Member
    @donimfp - "Oh, please, be miserable."

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

That one really tickled my funny bone !!

Have a great vacation.
    Talking of treats and counting days, as iv done a month sober I decided to focus on my self care as I have been doing on this journey and attempted a walk in nature on my way to the shops to pick up a few things (partner and brother came along, they are baking a cake tonight so needed things like eggs) but, the rain started en route so we were forced to turn back and get the car instead. But I told myself that I had atleast attempted a walk (trying to get more movement in) once in the shops I treated myself to a nice new shampoo & conditioner, splurged a bit on a Toni & Guy since it was reduced. Also picked up a new face mask and face scrub.

Almost time for my 'Luxury Spa Day @ Home' 😋💖💜🧡 oh, and I'm gona get a bit of meditation in, as well tonight. 20 mins of that and I can always feel the amazing benefits.
    donimfp wrote: »
    12:30 and we just returned from having to put our beloved best cat ever, Hendrix, to sleep. We’re so sad, especially my husband, who adored that cat to an almost absurd degree. It was a blessing that when we determined at 9 pm that we needed to get him to a vet immediately, I was sober and able to drive us to the all night vet 25 miles away and to drive my grieving husband home. I think I was more tempted to drink when we got home than I have been in 20 weeks. But luckily resisting no longer feels like torture.

RIP Hendrix.

Sorry to hear about your cat ❤🐾
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,066 Member Member Posts: 1,066 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    12:30 and we just returned from having to put our beloved best cat ever, Hendrix, to sleep. We’re so sad, especially my husband, who adored that cat to an almost absurd degree. It was a blessing that when we determined at 9 pm that we needed to get him to a vet immediately, I was sober and able to drive us to the all night vet 25 miles away and to drive my grieving husband home. I think I was more tempted to drink when we got home than I have been in 20 weeks. But luckily resisting no longer feels like torture.

RIP Hendrix.

Oh how upsetting, pets become part of the family , my heart goes put to you please stay strong 🤗🤗