What do you eat as a treat that doesn’t spiral into binging?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    400 calories to spare?

Having this much to spare at the end of the day, I would add more to my plate for my meals during the day.

Otherwise you're setting yourself up to be hangry.

And instead of being a martyr to my diet, I would save 200 calories for a regular sized (50 gram) chocolate bar.

I wouldn't mess about with fun size things that don't make me happy.

A healthy diet allows for a few nice things you love. All the healthy food pyramids include around 10-20% treats.

No need for guilt! Only crash diets demonise nice things.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    ice cream. I can only eat so much (before my lactose intolerance becomes a problem) but it is also a nice treat. But I'm talking dilly bars or drumsticks. Things where you open a package and eat the thing inside it. Not just a 4L of ice cream lol.

Yasso Greek yogurt ice cream bars. I'm also lactose intolerant, and I find that they don't mess me up the way traditional ice cream does, yet they actually taste like ice cream (unlike Halo Top). They also have 80-100 calories per bar and have the added bonus of 5g protien.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This week I have been using multi pack Mars bars frozen - similar to a Mars bar ice cream but those get eaten more quickly. The frozen Mars bar takes ages to defrost enough to chew so I HAVE to eat it slowly. And the multi pack ones are around 160 calories each.
  • VUA21
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Everything

Although, I do have a trick with chips (salty snacks were always my downfall). I no longer buy the big bags of chips, I buy the small single serving bags and compare calories to each variety I like. This way I can have the "whole bag" of Ms. Vicky's Jalapeno chips and still only have 200 calories.

Snacks that don't come in single serving packs, I repackage in baggies in single servings. This way I don't mindlessly eat the whole package of cookies, but rather have 1 serving at a time.

Yes, there is something more mentally satisfying about getting to eat 'the whole bag' than doling out a portion from a larger package.

Also, you don't feel guilty about turning the bag upside down to shake the last little bit into your mouth or licking your finger to get the chip dust hiding in the corners (I logged every one of those 200 calories, I'm going to eat every one of them, including that 1 calorie of potato chip dust stuck to the bottom).
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Caramel baked coconut chips yummm
  • VUA21
    Options
    blobby10 wrote: »
    This week I have been using multi pack Mars bars frozen - similar to a Mars bar ice cream but those get eaten more quickly. The frozen Mars bar takes ages to defrost enough to chew so I HAVE to eat it slowly. And the multi pack ones are around 160 calories each.

I slice Snickers in half and freeze them in baggies. It takes a lot longer to gnaw through a frozen Snickers than to eat ice cream. (I'm kinda cheap so I buy the regular size bars in packs and chop them into smaller sizes myself).
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Bryers Delight Ice cream or Halo top. Their pints of ice cream are 250 cals to 350 each. It’s worth it!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Sugar free red vines! 3 are 70 cal and if a little hard is best! Takes longer to eat! :D