If You Eat Cookies, Cakes, Ice Cream Daily Do You Consider Yourself Dieting?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    I'm having pizza for dinner because it fits in my calories and I want it. I'm not sure if I should feel virtuous for staying within my calorie allowance or sinful because pizza.

I'm also having a glass of wine. I guess I'm going straight to hell.
    mph323 wrote: »
    I'm having pizza for dinner because it fits in my calories and I want it. I'm not sure if I should feel virtuous for staying within my calorie allowance or sinful because pizza.

I'm also having a glass of wine. I guess I'm going straight to hell.

I had pizza for lunch - way too much pizza! Now it's 8:40pm and I'm still not hungry so guess I'll be staying within my calories, too. Virtuously sinful?

Wine sounds good.

I'll save seats for you in my handbasket/bus. It's going to be a big crowd. But we have all the good foods.

One of my main criteria for vacation destinations is good food, so I'm in! :smiley:

Destination is promised to be warm!

As long as it doesn't melt the ice cream.

Refrigeration/freezers, no guarantees once we reach our destination though.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    This thread is so liberating. It's actually made me feel better about eating and logging calorie dense foods. I still have some residual, ultimately useless guilt from decades of moral lecturing from all quarters about foods labelled junk, bad and lethal, which sometimes makes me embarrassed to log those things, but really I would just be doing myself a disservice if I didn't log everything. I'm the one eating it, after all. So I've prelogged my Macdo Monday. I shall be having a sundae lunch and a Mcflurry dinner. And I shall jolly well enjoy every last spoonful.
    For me, this is the whole magic of tracking my food.

So, there I am, face to face with some sort of wildly tempting Calorie-Dense Edible. I figure I have three choices -
    1) I can eat it but not log it in, knowing that I will be lying to my food diary and myself.
    2) I can eat it and log it in, knowing that I will either need to cut back at other meals or accept going over on some of my goals.
    3) I can choose not to eat it.

Morally, I consider each of these to be about the same, because lying to myself harms no one but the liar. Emotionally, I prefer to avoid #1, because I have been sometimes been harmed by the lies of that particular liar; and I don't like to remind myself of it.

Choosing between #2 and #3 focuses my mind on the question of just how much I want to lose weight, and that of how much I want not to log that food item in. In reality, I probably choose #3 about 70% of the time.

That said, I have been keeping my diary closed because I didn't want anyone to see this meal:

uw9x65rn4pu5.png

So now I might as well go ahead and open it. B)

That is a horribly unbalanced breakfast - where's the chocolate? :)

Says the person who just ate caramel & chocolate ice cream and angel food cake for dinner - which only fit my calories because I feel like cwap and slept all day so didn't eat.

If you feel unwell, there's nothing wrong with eating whatever is appealing and will sit well. :bigsmile:
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    "Diet" is a four letter word. To me it's about being mindful of how much I eat, how many calories I intake. Wine, beer, chocolate and pizza are all part of what I eat. I just do not to eat the entire pint of ice-cream in one sitting, or eat an entire pizza.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I eat junk food once a week on my diet
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    This thread is so liberating. It's actually made me feel better about eating and logging calorie dense foods. I still have some residual, ultimately useless guilt from decades of moral lecturing from all quarters about foods labelled junk, bad and lethal, which sometimes makes me embarrassed to log those things, but really I would just be doing myself a disservice if I didn't log everything. I'm the one eating it, after all. So I've prelogged my Macdo Monday. I shall be having a sundae lunch and a Mcflurry dinner. And I shall jolly well enjoy every last spoonful.
    For me, this is the whole magic of tracking my food.

So, there I am, face to face with some sort of wildly tempting Calorie-Dense Edible. I figure I have three choices -
    1) I can eat it but not log it in, knowing that I will be lying to my food diary and myself.
    2) I can eat it and log it in, knowing that I will either need to cut back at other meals or accept going over on some of my goals.
    3) I can choose not to eat it.

Morally, I consider each of these to be about the same, because lying to myself harms no one but the liar. Emotionally, I prefer to avoid #1, because I have been sometimes been harmed by the lies of that particular liar; and I don't like to remind myself of it.

Choosing between #2 and #3 focuses my mind on the question of just how much I want to lose weight, and that of how much I want not to log that food item in. In reality, I probably choose #3 about 70% of the time.

That said, I have been keeping my diary closed because I didn't want anyone to see this meal:

uw9x65rn4pu5.png

So now I might as well go ahead and open it. B)

That is a horribly unbalanced breakfast - where's the chocolate? :)

Says the person who just ate caramel & chocolate ice cream and angel food cake for dinner - which only fit my calories because I feel like cwap and slept all day so didn't eat.
    OMG - I read "That is a horribly unbalanced breakfast," and thought 'Here it comes: someone's about to unload a ton of criticism-crap bricks on my head.'

Then I finished reading the sentence. :):D:D:DB)

Thanks for the belly laugh.

My first thought was mmm cookie dough.
This discussion has been closed.