If You Eat Cookies, Cakes, Ice Cream Daily Do You Consider Yourself Dieting?

Options

Replies

• thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    skram01 wrote: »
    It seems like OP is either taking a judgemental look at a food diary of someone who has learned to incorporate everyday treats, or is taking a judgemental look at a diary of someone who eats mostly everyday treats and very few to no nutritionally dense foods.

If it's the first, that's a jerk move which people have already gone over with a fine tooth comb. If it's the second, it's a double jerk move. Logging can be one of the fundamental habits in helping you lose weight because it lets you track CICO and it helps you figure out what works and what doesn't. There are people who grew up in household where "junk" food was the norm and there wasn't exposure to a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. These people grew up to be adults that needed to feed themselves and ate what they knew. Those same people may be on a journey to make a change. What's the best way to make a big, lasting change? With smaller and more manageable habits. Those diaries that OP may be judging are people who are simply getting in the habit of logging there food. Or, they are in the habit of logging and are simply working towards eating less. Either way, it's they're journey and they're choice as to what to eat. If someone wants to eat they're days calories in pizza, that's their choice. If you looked at someone's log and they were eating only beans and rice would you judge then as harshly? It's "healthy" foods. it can be considered eating clean, but it's not nutritionally diverse.

No matter how you slice it, judging other people's food choices is a dick move. Unless you come to someone with genuine concern about their health or they asked for your advice, then you don't get to have a voiced opinion about what they eat.

I'm fitting in a Dunkin Donut's Apple Crisp Donut & a small (wish it could be a large, but can't justify 1,360 calories at least today) for a Dairy Queen Reese's Outrageous Blizzard.

Hell yeah!! You rock! I usually go for the heath blizzard. Tonight I'm fitting in Thai food. And probably an ice cream cone. Actually, a custard because yummy and I'm under my calories for the week.

And in case anyone wants to judge me, I've lost 30.9 pounds while still fitting in and logging the occasional pizza and Chinese food plus having dessert most nights. Because I want to live my full life.

Ugh they didn't have anymore of the Apple Crisp Donut, but the Reese's Outrageous Blizzard was amazing! So much peanut buttery goodness.

Well that blows. My favorite is always the old fashioned. I know, boring, but I love it. Ended up not having Thai but had delicious crab cakes. Now eating ice cream. I'm trying to figure out what to do with those last 300 calories. Maybe more I've cream!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your sinful food.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    I'm having pizza for dinner because it fits in my calories and I want it. I'm not sure if I should feel virtuous for staying within my calorie allowance or sinful because pizza.

I'm also having a glass of wine. I guess I'm going straight to hell.
    pinuplove wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    I'm having pizza for dinner because it fits in my calories and I want it. I'm not sure if I should feel virtuous for staying within my calorie allowance or sinful because pizza.

I'm also having a glass of wine. I guess I'm going straight to hell.

I had pizza for lunch - way too much pizza! Now it's 8:40pm and I'm still not hungry so guess I'll be staying within my calories, too. Virtuously sinful?

Wine sounds good.

I'll save seats for you in my handbasket/bus. It's going to be a big crowd. But we have all the good foods.

One of my main criteria for vacation destinations is good food, so I'm in! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.