A poll to convince my a**hole boyfriend he's wrong

Options

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You could lose about 175-200 pounds instantly if you dumped him!
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that ^^^^^
    Also OP what ya doing listening to them menfolk, I mean they're lovely to look at, but listen, seriously?
    Not srs. :laugh:
  • Ginaree21
    Ginaree21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    not possible. he is a jerk. do it for you not for him.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Caution: You are about to enter... The Morbid Zone...

Sure... The average adult weighs under ten pounds after cremation... cremation takes less than four months... Assuming the woman in question weighs more than 110 pounds, the weight difference would be normal.

Congratulations!! You are now leaving The Morbid Zone! We hope you enjoyed your stay.

No. It would not be at all healthy to lose that amount of weight in four months, assuming that the individual was not in the super morbidly obese category, recently lost a TON of weight and is continuing to lose weight along with having skin removal surgery in those four months as well. Under those circumstances, it would still be majorly pushing it. That would require losing about 25 pounds a month, or just under one pound (assuming all four months have 30 days, roughly 0.84 pounds or just under 13 and one half ounces a day) every day. It's medically recommended to aim for NO MORE than two pounds per week, or about 8-10 pounds per month. Doing all 100 pounds in four months would likely require dangerous crash diets and the results would probably not be possible to maintain.
  • AryaSnow
    AryaSnow Posts: 26
    Options
    There is no way you could lose that much weight so fast and a "smart *kitten*" like him should know that it's not healthy losing a lot of weight in a short time frame. Tell him to **** off and do what you know you have to do: eat healthier and exercise regularly. You'll get back in shape slowly and surely and enjoying it!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    First off, this sounds like a pretty healthy relationship. Secondly, losing 100 pounds is absolutely possible but 4 months is pushing it. Realistically losing 1-2 pounds a week is healthy weight loss. "Going hard" doesn't mean anything if your diet sucks.

Yep.

8488541.png
  • SondraJervis
    SondraJervis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Even if it IS possible.....That is an unhealthy amount of weight to lose that fast...I wouldn't even worry about losing a specific number....eat right, exercise....and the rest will take care of itself
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If you look at it mathematically -- 100lbs in 4 months is 25lbs/ month. Which equates to a loss of about 6.25lbs/ week. You would need to run a deficit of 3500 calories for each pound, so that's a total calorie deficit of 21,875 calories in a week or 3,125 calories/ day. How many calories do you need to maintain your weight? How many calories do you burn at the gym? If you can add them up and get more than 3125, it is theoretically possible for you to lose 100lbs in 4 months. However, you could most likely do a lot of damage to your body in the process. This rate of weight loss means that you are burning more muscle than fat and it would waste away your lean muscle mass and possibly damage internal organs. You also most likely have some pretty seriously saggy skin.

Edit: Just realized that someone else did some math earlier on this page, so at least we came to the same general conclusion.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    How much does he weigh, like 190?

You can lose that in a day, and be way better off. Don't date idiots.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    While physically possible, it will hurt you physically in other ways.

I think your boyfriend needs to learn what "motivation" means.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Maybe if he really "goes hard" at it, he can grow himself a bigger hotdog in 4 months.....

:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    whats the consequence if you don't lose it....you lose a jerko like him? ....take the slow route and lose him faster ......weight is hard to keep off even if you do lose it but if hes that shallow and concerned pressing you and not concerned about things like your heart and how it will effect you otherwise besides appearance...what happens in 10 yrs down the road if your soooo lucky enough to be married to this wonderful guy who obviously isn't attracted to heavier women and you gain 10 lb here and there maybe more .....bleh I couldn't live with that kind of pressure
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    you can do it. like he man said, just work hard at it!
  • LadyLaw2Phd
    Options
    Sure! Dump the idiot boyfriend- that will be at least 100 pounds.

In all seriousness, no its not possible without strict medical supervision and a true medical need.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I saw a girl post on the forums just today - she had lost 40lbs in 1 month
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh... 4 months. I thought it was one month. Okay, your boyfriend is not psychotic like I thought. He has been downgraded to delusional
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    omg what a moron. Ask him if its possible he could grow his penis 4 inches.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Possible and realistic are not the same thing
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Maybe if he really "goes hard" at it, he can grow himself a bigger hotdog in 4 months.....

But in all seriousness, I think he's been watching too many episodes of the Biggest Loser....sure, if you are working out 8 hours a day and eating 1200-1300 calories a day, then I'm sure you could lose that weight in 4 months (if you have a ton to lose). But realistically, no, it's not going to happen lol.
    lol great minds, i just posted this!
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    no aim for a pound a year