September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Accomplished my first 20-mile run this morning. The weather was a big improvement over last week's humidity filled slog-fest. I am exhausted but pleased with how it went over all. A small amount of "why am I doing this to myself" and a large amount of "OMG, I just ran 20 miles." Now trying to peel myself off the couch so I can go eat all the food. I have a friend in town so I'm going out to lunch - meaning my nap is going to have to wait. But a big burger and beer are calling my name.

YAY!!!! WELL DONE!!!

• PastorVincent
    Options
    It was a relatively cool morning. Actually ran 3 times this morning, a warmup of about .75(endomondo was only on for .64 of it), my 5k race(let's be honest 6 participants does not a race make) official time 32:50, and 3.21 miles of long slow run pace(approximately 12 minute miles) for total distance of 6.97 mile this morning per endomondo.

Race report 72 degrees and 90% humidity for start @ 0900. Race is a double loop around a local park, corners/turns well marked. I was the only male running and the youngest participant. Came in 2 out of 5, first overall ran it in the 27 minute range. Supportive volunteers and other runners, have run other races with the 1st place before and she is killer, but good time had by all and a slice of pizza afterwords. After about a 15 minute break went out for the 3rd run of the day and enjoyed myself, sticking to the shaded paths of the park. Now its off to shower and grocery store, friends coming for dinner.

6 person race with support and volunteers? That really cool!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    36 km today (22.4 miles) to celebrate my 36 month (3 year) running anniversary, in 4:01:40

On my first runniversary I did 12 km.
    On my second runniversary I did 24 km.

Looks like next year is ultra time again! :smiley:

Ha! Keep that up and soon you will running the insane distances of @JessicaMcB ! :lol:
    So that would mean one of the Ladies would have to take a Plane across the Pond so they could Run at an event together. o:)>:)

Yep! >:)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I completed week 5 in the C25K today, with 20 mins continuous running. It was raining, so I decided to clean the bathrooms and see if it let up. That worked and the rain turned from a downpour into a gentle shower.

I did it: 20 mins run, 5 mins walk, and another 5 min run to make 30 mins. I felt slower than usual. I've been trying to eat more fruits and veggies, and I am all bloat. I even seem to have gas trapped around my shoulder blade, which is extremely painful. Maybe some people aren't meant to eat so many veggies? But the run helped.

Now, I'm going to celebrate with a visit to MEC for some sporty long-sleeves and then a craft brewery with my husband and son for a flight.

W00T!! Well done!!

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I'm looking at wireless headphones. I currently have a cheap pair with the receiver about 2-3 inches below the rt ear. It drives me nuts bouncing as I run. So I'm looking for some sports ones and OMG the variety!

I'm looking for ones that have over ear clips for stability (I like that style) with the cable coming out the back of the clip - i find that eliminates tug on the earpiece itself.

I've seen some with the receivers on the earpiece but they look heavy to me. I've also seen "collared" versions, with a flexible collar that sits around your neck, and short cables leading to the ear pieces.

I'm on a tight budget for these and don't really care about the quality of the audio. Who's tried what and what works for you.

My biggest annoyance when running is bounce causing tugging on the earpieces.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all. I'm looking at wireless headphones. I currently have a cheap pair with the receiver about 2-3 inches below the rt ear. It drives me nuts bouncing as I run. So I'm looking for some sports ones and OMG the variety!

I'm looking for ones that have over ear clips for stability (I like that style) with the cable coming out the back of the clip - i find that eliminates tug on the earpiece itself.

I've seen some with the receivers on the earpiece but they look heavy to me. I've also seen "collared" versions, with a flexible collar that sits around your neck, and short cables leading to the ear pieces.

I'm on a tight budget for these and don't really care about the quality of the audio. Who's tried what and what works for you.

I have used both SoundPeats and Earteana, but neither have an over the ear, although the SoundPeats have optional attachments for over the ear. Both of them are less than $50. The Earteana ear buds are independent buds and can be used one at a time if you wish and I've not had issues with them falling out or having sweat/rain cause any issues with either brand.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I use the Plantronics BackBeat ($50 on Amazon.com. I have used headphone costing a couple hundred dollars, and ones that cost $10. These are the only ones that worked out for me. The sound quality will not please an audiophile, but it is good enough for me. They are truly waterproof (unlike by far most that are only actually splash proof), light, and stay in place.

Check them out is my advice.