September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    How can i weigh xx0.6 before bed, and wake up at xx2.6? Magicness in bodily functions.

Oh i got stronger! Haha!

Is it Friday yet?

Definitely got stronger. Fat converted into muscle that is why you weigh more.

Haha! I'm just glad all the fat didnt leak out of my head over night. (Brain-fat). We'll see when i have to put work pants on.... Awww i gotta get ready for work now 😒
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    if i remember their locale, i read in their accent. otherwise i read it in TV reporter accent

That basically is my accent except now I've got just a touch of Alberta twang.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    How can i weigh xx0.6 before bed, and wake up at xx2.6? Magicness in bodily functions.

Oh i got stronger! Haha!

Is it Friday yet?
    Yeah magic reverse pee. You should sell it to NASA, they could use it as inverse gravity ballast.

I know "they" say not to weigh more than once a day, but if you're capable of not obsessing it can be really good info. For example I can tell if I'm about to have a lupus flare if I retain a larger than usual amount of weight overnight. My overnight drop reliably goes down before any other symptoms, giving me a chance to jump in with my meds and avoid the flare.

Or in your case, you can tell your scale is inaccurate within three pounds, which is also good to know. Almost all home scales due to the way they're made cannot be accurate within about 1%. But they also have a built in memory that conceals the inaccuracy by giving you a reading the same as the most recent one if it's within a pound or two, and then resets after a certain amount of time. You can usually force this kind of scale to give a new reading by picking up a heavy object and weighing yourself, then taking your weight again. It's a good idea to do this at least once to get an idea of the range of variation - for example I know my scale varies about three quarters of a pound from moment to moment. So any weight loss or gain within that range may be purely the scale messing about.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    if i remember their locale, i read in their accent. otherwise i read it in TV reporter accent

I'm guessing you mean modern General American, but I'm thinking old timey Mid-Atlantic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEqesVTEFPM
    (skip to 3:06 for a great example using the lyrics of "Sabotage").
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Oh i got stronger! Haha!

Is it Friday yet?
    Yeah magic reverse pee. You should sell it to NASA, they could use it as inverse gravity ballast.

I know "they" say not to weigh more than once a day, but if you're capable of not obsessing it can be really good info. For example I can tell if I'm about to have a lupus flare if I retain a larger than usual amount of weight overnight. My overnight drop reliably goes down before any other symptoms, giving me a chance to jump in with my meds and avoid the flare.

Or in your case, you can tell your scale is inaccurate within three pounds, which is also good to know. Almost all home scales due to the way they're made cannot be accurate within about 1%. But they also have a built in memory that conceals the inaccuracy by giving you a reading the same as the most recent one if it's within a pound or two, and then resets after a certain amount of time. You can usually force this kind of scale to give a new reading by picking up a heavy object and weighing yourself, then taking your weight again. It's a good idea to do this at least once to get an idea of the range of variation - for example I know my scale varies about three quarters of a pound from moment to moment. So any weight loss or gain within that range may be purely the scale messing about.

It's just PMS weight. I ran yesterday so could be coupled with recovery inflammation, and ate some salt in my low-ish carb soup... 😏 Iz just having fun with y'all.

I grab a post run weight occasionally to gauge my hydration. Not necessarily scale obsessed.

ETA could also be due to a fluctuation in gravity. 🤔😝
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq hah that video was great.

I don't have much of an accent until I have to say bag or about (although I don't hear a-boot much anymore) 😂
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I do not have an accent at all. :p
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I am in Texas and have lived here all of my life except from the ages of 2-5 when I lived in South Carolina. So definitely a Texas accent with a bit of southern thrown in. I believe that @girlinahat is from England.