September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Hey @shanaber, did you learn any tricks about keeping KT tape on for more than a day?
    I havr the KT pro tape that is supposed to last at least 4 days. But after my run it is all falling off. I do:
    Wipe area with alcohol.
    Spray area with hair spray (saw this in a post and it helped a little better).
    Have very little hair in the area.
    Never touch the adhesive.
    Apply with no stretch on each end about 2".
    Rub vigorously for about a minute.
    Apply the night before.
    I can't believe I sweat THAT much more than the average person.
    Help!

@Scott 6255 - I did not but mine lasted for several days and it was just the regular KT Tape. I did however have a sock on over it when I was running and dried it after my shower by blotting with the towel pretty hard. When I had it on my knee I also wore compression running capris so I think that helped too.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq - hope all of the anxiety issues get worked out, They can be so debilitating!
    @RunsOnEspresso - I saw that Big Bang the other night too :)
    @amymoreorless - first let me say I can't believe you washed with cold water from your fridge this morning! I hope the plumbing issues are fixed now! Also I think I would have gone over to the neighbors and begged to use their shower. On socks - I don't think you would want cotton socks either because of the rubbing/chaffing factor when cotton gets even damp. Maybe polyester or a blend or bamboo as @rheddmobile suggested. I am also allergic to most surgical and bandage tapes but don't have a problem with KT.

@ContraryMaryMary - I need one of those massages!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Well i must be one of the lucky ones where the KT tape stays on for days, even through the shower. I cant remember running causing it to come off easier, but that may be because if i need it, I'm not running. I did reciently use it for my wrist. Stuff is magic.

@sarahthes my tape is blue. I have some of the X shaped tape. Love it for point pain.

I quit looking up videos on how to apply it and just go with how my body feels. Which, i think im on a "2 steps back" cycle. Two miles and my left itb is complaining. Patience.

@rheddmobile @shanaber I'm also allergic to adhesives, (and latex). Kt tape has been fine for me too.

Is it Friday yet?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Great, just got a notice from my town that water is under "mandatory conservation" because someone broke a "main pump"

I guess I better call @amymoreorless up for tips on how to take public showers on my deck... :lol:

YMCA? Planet fitness? When my kids were little, wed hit the once free, showers at the lake when we had plumbing work. Or those camping wipies?

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Great, just got a notice from my town that water is under "mandatory conservation" because someone broke a "main pump"

I guess I better call @amymoreorless up for tips on how to take public showers on my deck... :lol:

YMCA? Planet fitness? When my kids were little, wed hit the once free, showers at the lake when we had plumbing work. Or those camping wipies?

I would have to drive to another town for any water that is not under the ruling... maybe I will get my son to dig around in the yard. Gotta be water there someplace. Can put in a wishing well!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Scott6255 Well i must be one of the lucky ones where the KT tape stays on for days, even through the shower. I cant remember running causing it to come off easier, but that may be because if i need it, I'm not running. I did reciently use it for my wrist. Stuff is magic.

@sarahthes my tape is blue. I have some of the X shaped tape. Love it for point pain.

I quit looking up videos on how to apply it and just go with how my body feels. Which, i think im on a "2 steps back" cycle. Two miles and my left itb is complaining. Patience.

@rheddmobile @shanaber I'm also allergic to adhesives, (and latex). Kt tape has been fine for me too.

Is it Friday yet?

I haven’t had any issue with KT tape the couple of times I’ve used it. In both cases my chiropractor applied it to my knees and it was still on solid a week later. I didn’t stick with it though - it didn’t bother my skin but didn’t seem to help nearly as much as targeted strength exercises have helped. Different strokes, etc, etc.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @shanaber @Elise4270 @RunsOnEspresso @MegaMooseEsq thanks for the info on KT tape. Guess I am just an outlier. Figures.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @shanaber @Elise4270 @RunsOnEspresso @MegaMooseEsq thanks for the info on KT tape. Guess I am just an outlier. Figures.

Everyone likes to have a claim to fame in life... ;)
  • Elise4270
    Options

Hey, "normal" is not where you wanna be 😉
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Had a PT session this morning, lower body circuit, then went for a quick jog to keep legs from being sore later. 1.36 miles in 17 minutes per endomondo, included cool down walk. Was sprinkling rain when I started but that shut down about 100 yards into the run. Totals for the month so far

exercise.png
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Ran 2 miles this morning - possibly the last run before Sunday's half. Unless I do a couple on the treadmill in Friday night's hotel. We'll see. Trying to juggle the "being prepared" with the "don't injure yourself."

June goal - 44/44
    July goal - 52/52
    August goal - 55/57 miles
    Sept goal - 61/60 miles

Sept. 30 - Wineglass Half Marathon; Corning, NY
    October 7 - Viking Dash Half Marathon; Toledo, OH