September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @shanaber He was on The Bug Bang Theory last week sparring with Raj and Bill Nye.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Non-running post so ignore if you aren't interested... I am pretty sure we are mostly all geeks and nerds here so I am hoping you love Neil DeGrasse Tyson as much as I do! This appearance on Stephen Colbert was just hilarious and I had to share it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcPrl0rl76M

That was horrible! Terrible even! *clicks to play it again*
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Hey @shanaber, did you learn any tricks about keeping KT tape on for more than a day?
    I havr the KT pro tape that is supposed to last at least 4 days. But after my run it is all falling off. I do:
    Wipe area with alcohol.
    Spray area with hair spray (saw this in a post and it helped a little better).
    Have very little hair in the area.
    Never touch the adhesive.
    Apply with no stretch on each end about 2".
    Rub vigorously for about a minute.
    Apply the night before.
    I can't believe I sweat THAT much more than the average person.
    Help!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Hey @shanaber, did you learn any tricks about keeping KT tape on for more than a day?
    I havr the KT pro tape that is supposed to last at least 4 days. But after my run it is all falling off. I do:
    Wipe area with alcohol.
    Spray area with hair spray (saw this in a post and it helped a little better).
    Have very little hair in the area.
    Never touch the adhesive.
    Apply with no stretch on each end about 2".
    Rub vigorously for about a minute.
    Apply the night before.
    I can't believe I sweat THAT much more than the average person.
    Help!

I had mine come off once. I don't think I had long enough strips that time. The other times it lasts 5 days through 5 runs and 5 showers even.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options

I was skeptical about the claims for KT tape but when I had PF I gave in. I could feel it. I don't use it all the time but if I feel a little twinge I'll tape up. Runner's World has tons of videos on how to tape for PF.

This is really good information. Going to check it out next.

June goal - 44/44
    July goal - 52/52
    August goal - 55/57 miles
    Sept goal - 59/60 miles

Sept. 30 - Wineglass Half Marathon; Corning, NY
    October 7 - Viking Dash Half Marathon; Toledo, OH
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Today is my 2 year runniversary

@kgirlhart Happy runnivererary!

And thanks for the plumbing well wishes @kgirlhart and @rusgolden.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My leg does not hurt. The daily massages have not hurt since Friday. Electro-therapy is still interesting, maybe it is helping too. I feel like I'm walking straight again and the few steps I ran from the car to the door didn't hurt. So there's hope!

That's so awesome. Fingers and toes tightly crossed for you!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Re: socks and KT tape

Anyone else allergic to the world? I can’t use KT tape because I am allergic to adhesives. Seriously, blisters form under the tape in minutes. Something about the glue causes my skin to revolt.

I also can’t use anything wool or smart-wool. It seems like all the “anti-blister” socks are made of smart-wool or some other wool type blend. I tend to get blisters on the ends of my toes when I run all out during a race. I would love to find a anti-blister sock brand that is all cotton. Does that exist?

I get blisters from most bandages but so far kt tape doesn't bother me. When I had my ovarian surgery the scar from the bandage covering the surgical site was worse than the surgical site! If it's the wrong kind of tape, bye-bye skin!

They don't work for summer but my winter socks are snowboarding socks made of bamboo which have been great for blisters. Maybe there are some bamboo socks which would work for you.