Replies

• Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart congratulations! Amazing achievement! <3
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Happy runniversary @kgirlhart! Your are the WOman!!
    Prayers sent your way @RunRachelleRun for your surgery Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »

Today is my 2 year runniversary! It is also my 3 year anniversary on mfp. I'm kind of proud of myself for sticking with it. I have lost ~77 pounds since I came on mfp (about 15 of that was after I started running). After I hit my original goal (of losing 60 pounds) I decided I needed some fitness goals so I downloaded the C25K app. I was never a runner before and I was a little surprised that I ended up loving it so much. I don't remember purposely starting C25K on my mfp anniversary, but I think it is kind of cool that I did. It is amazing to me how much better I feel at 50 than I did at 47.

Well done!!!

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes That's cool they made a purple tape for you :) I've never tried it. I wonder how it works for plantar fasciitis. How long does your pt expect you'll be off for? Hugs. Sorry about your pain.

Yay, you registered for BMO Vancouver! We'll have to figure out how to coordinate our training a little as we get closer so we can try to run it together—assuming that I can catch up and keep up! Do you have a plan in mind? When will you start official half training?

I was skeptical about the claims for KT tape but when I had PF I gave in. I could feel it. I don't use it all the time but if I feel a little twinge I'll tape up. Runner's World has tons of videos on how to tape for PF.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @kgirlhart happy anniversarys!

@RunRachelleRun good luck, thinking of you. ETA oops that's tomorrow. Sorry its Wed morning here lol. I'm still thinking of you though
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Rest day for me today. I did some weights last night, no pain today so far lol. I'll be going for a walk at lunch just to get out. Nothing special here lol.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

@RunRachelleRun good luck, thinking of you. ETA oops that's tomorrow. Sorry its Wed morning here lol. I'm still thinking of you though

Thanks! I was thinking her surgery was today. It's still Tuesday here, but I've been thinking it was Wednesday all day! My runniversary/mfp anniversary is the 25th, so at least I was right about the date.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

Thanks! I was thinking her surgery was today. It's still Tuesday here, but I've been thinking it was Wednesday all day! My runniversary/mfp anniversary is the 25th, so at least I was right about the date.

Hah, your premature good thoughts mean NOTHING! Just kidding! ;) Thinking of you, @RunRachelleRun, hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I've been wishing it was Wednesday all day... or Thursday, or Friday... work has been so crazy it feels like I've done a weeks worth already!!

Good luck @RunRachelleRun -- prayers for the procedure and a quick recovery for you!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @kgirlhart Happy anniversaries!

@RunRachelleRun Prayers for a good procedure tomorrow and a quick recovery!

@rusgolden Same here...this week is not moving fast enough.

@RespectTheKitty /wave

ETA: In non-running news, but because I know so many of us are fantasy fiction lovers, the indie author Christopher Nuttall has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. :(
  • RicciDarlene
    RicciDarlene Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good job everyone! I only did 204 miles this morning and we have track workout tonight so I am not sure how much distance I will bet but I am closer to my goal today than yesterday!

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    ETA: In non-running news, but because I know so many of us are fantasy fiction lovers, the indie author Christopher Nuttall has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. :(

Oh boo!!!! :(
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @RunRachelleRun - Hope all goes well tomorrow and you get good results back! You know we Weill all be thinking of you!!

So I missed this post... hope whatever the surgery is, is minor, or at least one and done!