Why is this making me so sad?

Options

Replies

• BurningAway
    Options
    I totally make that face when im getting tattooed, i also like to wear heels and no bra just so my tongue lip press looks more advertising, you always gotta be sexy even when needles are pricking you constantly, GO SLUTS.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I like slutty turtles.

(Giant disclaimer: my use of the word slut is in no way meant to be deogatory so please do not freak out that I like turtles that like and don't care if every one knows that the like to get their freak on. Do not be afraid of words.)

behold, three turtles tattooing each other

mobuj3C.jpg

Hawt!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Before this thread went in that direction, a little confused part of my brain was over interpreting slut and wondering how you could tell someone's profession just by looking at them. I wondered if they had price tags or something :laugh:

Once I saw the picture thinspiration didn't even occur to me as I suspect other 'attributes' were what got them that modelling job...
  • Oishii
    Options
    It's sad that apparently there are still people who think women are not supposed to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it and therefore think "slut" must be an insult.

Erm... I think this is a bit *kitten* over tit. To me, there is no need for use of derogatory terms like 'slut' exactly because it should be normal for women 'to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it'. There is no need for an extra term. I didn't need to be termed a 'slut' when I chose not to be monogamous, and I'm not suddenly better or worse in some way now that I am. I was a woman then and now.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I totally make that face when im getting tattooed, i also like to wear heels and no bra just so my tongue lip press looks more advertising, you always gotta be sexy even when needles are pricking you constantly, GO SLUTS.

You gotta be sexy especially when needles are pricking you constantly.
  • brower47
    Options
    It's sad that apparently there are still people who think women are not supposed to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it and therefore think "slut" must be an insult.

Erm... I think this is a bit *kitten* over tit. To me, there is no need for use of derogatory terms like 'slut' exactly because it should be normal for women 'to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it'. There is no need for an extra term. I didn't need to be termed a 'slut' when I chose not to be monogamous, and I'm not suddenly better or worse in some way now that I am. I was a woman then and now.

It's called 'taking it back'. You work to remove the negative connotation so that idiots who would use it for ill, not longer have any power to do so.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Oh, I missed the part where you were appointed to decide for all women what they should prefer.
  • Oishii
    Options

It's called 'taking it back'. You work to remove the negative connotation so that idiots who would use it for ill, not longer have any power to do so.

Personally I'd rather prefer an acceptance that women have the same range of desires as men, and men don't need a negative label for such behaviour, so why should women. And in the case in point, the appearance of the women is causing an assumption about their behaviour, which is also gender specific. Reclaiming a term only works if you happen to think you're somehow different from the norm in your behaviour, and being a sexual being is the norm.

Sorry if logic a bit jumpy. Need bed.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

You gotta be sexy especially when needles are pricking you constantly.

Where's that "like" button, again?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Personally I'd rather prefer an acceptance that women have the same range of desires as men, and men don't need a negative label for such behaviour, so why should women.
    Agreed with this part. But "slut" is not a negative label, it just denotes one who is on one end of the spectrum. And it also applies to men.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Personally I'd rather prefer an acceptance that women have the same range of desires as men, and men don't need a negative label for such behaviour , so why should women. And in the case in point, the appearance of the women is causing an assumption about their behaviour, which is also gender specific. Reclaiming a term only works if you happen to think you're somehow different from the norm in your behaviour, and being a sexual being is the norm.

Hey! Don't draw the guys into this as I'm pretty sure most of us view "slut" as a term of endearment. Okay, let's take a vote? Bros? You like sluts or no like sluts?

ETA: Yea, I know that was a convoluted interpretation of what you wrote, but I"m going with it. "Cause, you know . . . I just am. :bigsmile:
  • Oishii
    Options

Oh, I missed the part where you were appointed to decide for all women what they should prefer.

I am confused. When did I say all women should prefer something? I use phrases such as 'to me', ' I think' and the first person pronoun for a reason: I am talking about what I think. Sometimes mfp completely bemuses me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I was carrying around a business card that had a picture of 3 sluts putting tattoos on one another. It was a business card for a tattoo shop and so in order to show all the tattoos all the 3 sluts were scantily clad in spaghetti strap tanks and booty shorts. They were all simultaneously tattooing one another and resembled very closely my avatar but with less clothing and slutty, snobby expressions and tattoos.

Well i left it in the pocket of my jeans as I had the habit of pulling it out to look at occasionally especially when contemplating eating something off limits and then putting it back. Unfortunately I just found pieces of it in the wash. I ruined it when I forgot it in my jeans and washed it. I'm sad. Not even joking. Seriously sad about this. :brokenheart: :cry: I don't get it?

Feelings are so weird?
    It was your inspiration. Totally get it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Oishii
    Options

Personally I'd rather prefer an acceptance that women have the same range of desires as men, and men don't need a negative label for such behaviour, so why should women.
    Agreed with this part. But "slut" is not a negative label, it just denotes one who is on one end of the spectrum. And it also applies to men.

I suspect I am just older than you and from a different place. No one I choose to spend time with would use the word 'slut' in their daily language and neither would I. There is not one set way of interpreting each word in a language and if you live in a world where it is used in a certain way and I hardly ever hear it, then our reactions will be different.

I'm also not buying into a sexual 'spectrum'.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Maybe its 2 countries divided by a common language, but I wish you wouldnt refer to other women as sluts.Doesnt matter if theyre scantily clad or models or in the glamour industry theyre not sluts, theyre just people.

^^^THIS^^^

The term slut really bugs the F**K out of me. You don't know these women, so how you can you just arbitrarily call them sluts? I mean I know what the image implies...sexually strong and independent women who will do what and who they wish, but slut?

You already described what they were doing, and how they were dressed, was it really necessary to then to call them a derogatory name? Especially if they are what inspire you to stay on track?

Maybe it shouldn't rile me, but it does.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You look at pictures of "sluts" for thinspiration?

sounds healthy to me.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Some offer help ,some look for agurments. This is truely why we as a nation our going down in a flam of troubles .wake up people !!!!
  • brower47
    Options

Personally I'd rather prefer an acceptance that women have the same range of desires as men, and men don't need a negative label for such behaviour, so why should women. And in the case in point, the appearance of the women is causing an assumption about their behaviour, which is also gender specific. Reclaiming a term only works if you happen to think you're somehow different from the norm in your behaviour, and being a sexual being is the norm.

I've heard and referred to many of my male friends as sluts. It's not gender specific. I find it interesting that you do see it that way.
  • BeachIron
    Options

I've heard and referred to many of my male friends as sluts. It's not gender specific. I find it interesting that you do see it that way.

I'm pretty sure that "man *kitten*" is the appropriate term . . .
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Some offer help ,some look for agurments. This is truely why we as a nation our going down in a flam of troubles .wake up people !!!!
    I believe that poor spelling is the real downfall of this nation.