Why is this making me so sad?

Options

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

With Nutella? Or like a Fluffernutter? Either or is fine with me.
    [/quote]

Oh, I LOVE nutella!! What is Fluffernutter? *drooling*
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Some offer help ,some look for agurments. This is truely why we as a nation our going down in a flam of troubles .wake up people !!!!
    I believe that poor spelling is the real downfall of this nation.
    And sluts. Don't forget sluts are the downfall, too.
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    in for jimmie rustling

EWPRMic.jpg

This literally made me laugh out loud
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Maybe its 2 countries divided by a common language, but I wish you wouldnt refer to other women as sluts.Doesnt matter if theyre scantily clad or models or in the glamour industry theyre not sluts, theyre just people.

^^^THIS^^^

The term slut really bugs the F**K out of me. You don't know these women, so how you can you just arbitrarily call them sluts? I mean I know what the image implies...sexually strong and independent women who will do what and who they wish, but slut?

You already described what they were doing, and how they were dressed, was it really necessary to then to call them a derogatory name? Especially if they are what inspire you to stay on track?

Maybe it shouldn't rile me, but it does.

Update: Slut is not a derogatory term, especially when not used as a derogatory term as the OP in no way did. Nothing wrong with being a slut.
  • brower47
    Options
    It's sad that apparently there are still people who think women are not supposed to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it and therefore think "slut" must be an insult.

Erm... I think this is a bit *kitten* over tit. To me, there is no need for use of derogatory terms like 'slut' exactly because it should be normal for women 'to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it'. There is no need for an extra term. I didn't need to be termed a 'slut' when I chose not to be monogamous, and I'm not suddenly better or worse in some way now that I am. I was a woman then and now.

It's called 'taking it back'. You work to remove the negative connotation so that idiots who would use it for ill, not longer have any power to do so.

Personally I'd rather prefer an acceptance that women have the same range of desires as men, and men don't need a negative label for such behaviour, so why should women. And in the case in point, the appearance of the women is causing an assumption about their behaviour, which is also gender specific. Reclaiming a term only works if you happen to think you're somehow different from the norm in your behaviour, and being a sexual being is the norm.

Sorry if logic a bit jumpy. Need bed.

I've heard and referred to many of my male friends as sluts. It's not gender specific. I find it interesting that you do see it that way.

I'm pretty sure that "man *kitten*" is the appropriate term . . .

I've used both but I think slut is more correct since the word *kitten* denotes an exchange of services for money. Most of the time, there is no money exchanged.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I could show you, rather than tell you
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Slut!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It's sad that apparently there are still people who think women are not supposed to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it and therefore think "slut" must be an insult.

Erm... I think this is a bit *kitten* over tit. To me, there is no need for use of derogatory terms like 'slut' exactly because it should be normal for women 'to like sex, or enjoy it, or think about it, or have a lot of it'. There is no need for an extra term. I didn't need to be termed a 'slut' when I chose not to be monogamous, and I'm not suddenly better or worse in some way now that I am. I was a woman then and now.

It's called 'taking it back'. You work to remove the negative connotation so that idiots who would use it for ill, not longer have any power to do so.

Personally I'd rather prefer an acceptance that women have the same range of desires as men, and men don't need a negative label for such behaviour, so why should women. And in the case in point, the appearance of the women is causing an assumption about their behaviour, which is also gender specific. Reclaiming a term only works if you happen to think you're somehow different from the norm in your behaviour, and being a sexual being is the norm.

I've heard and referred to many of my male friends as sluts. It's not gender specific. I find it interesting that you do see it that way.

I've used both but I think slut is more correct since the word *kitten* denotes an exchange of services for money. Most of the time, there is no money exchanged.

Slip the guy a 20, he won't complain. Trust me.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    They look like 95.8% of all chicks in El Paso. :love: :smokin: :devil:

18aS7jC.jpg

*packing my bags!*
  • DavPul
    Options

Slut!

I'm a man, dammit!!!

We prefer to be called "dogs"
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Maybe its 2 countries divided by a common language, but I wish you wouldnt refer to other women as sluts.Doesnt matter if theyre scantily clad or models or in the glamour industry theyre not sluts, theyre just people.

^^^THIS^^^

The term slut really bugs the F**K out of me. You don't know these women, so how you can you just arbitrarily call them sluts? I mean I know what the image implies...sexually strong and independent women who will do what and who they wish, but slut?

You already described what they were doing, and how they were dressed, was it really necessary to then to call them a derogatory name? Especially if they are what inspire you to stay on track?

Update: Slut is not a derogatory term, especially when not used as a derogatory term as the OP in no way did. Nothing wrong with being a slut.

What a load of crap. It is totally a derogatory term whether it was intended or not. This is not 'taking it back' this is making it acceptable for other people to say it and demoralize people based upon first impressions.

I don't accept that it is ok for some and not for others. Same follows through with bi**ch and other terms.

If you can't say it to everyone of any gender, race, creed, orientation, etc without offence, then it's offensive. Simple.

And why was she calling them sluts in the first place? Because of how they are dressed? How is it a good term? Explain how it was a positive statement if it was in respect how they were presented for an advertisement.

It was a label based upon how they were dressed and posed. A label that is synonymous with 'loose morals' and sexual deviance that is deemed as a negative attribute by the general public - not something you'd want your daughter called or being seen as.

So no, it wasn't ok. It's not ok. And I'm pretty f'n liberal in my opinions.
  • brower47
    Options

Personally, I think the person doing more of the work should get slipped the 20. Fair's fair.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Some offer help ,some look for agurments. This is truely why we as a nation our going down in a flam of troubles .wake up people !!!!
    I believe that poor spelling is the real downfall of this nation.

I blame CO2. Or attorneys.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Slut!

I'm a man, dammit!!!

We prefer to be called "dogs"

Dog doesn't sounds as dirty, naughty or filthy
  • DavPul
    Options

how convenient of you to completely ignore the $60 I've paid for drinks at the bar.
  • DavPul
    Options

Personally, I think the person doing more of the work should get slipped the 20. Fair's fair.

QZJBkQa.gif
  • BurningAway
    Options

^^^THIS^^^

What if they are all really sluts, then what? Also its people like youthat give power to such a name your so up in arms over 4 letters its almost sad. I wonder exactly how you react to the word *****. The word in itself is a term to describe a female dog, however people like you who view such a word as negative make it exactly that, its like how Gay used to be used it used to mean happy, then being called it was offensive, now being called gay means you prefer men. Exhausting.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Creativity is a bad thing?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Also, the same people who argue, "If you don't have anything nice to say....<yadda yadda>" appear to be forgetting the "Sticks and stones" one.

I mean, if you choose to give some imaginary power to words, then the internet is a scary place for you to hang out. Because:

1853_1359333160.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

how convenient of you to completely ignore the $60 I've paid for drinks at the bar.

IN for free drinks!

I like my gin martini's dirty. Or errr is that a bad deragotory word? I like my Gin Martini's with a splash of Olive Juice.