JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 53

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,182 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

9/19 158.4 slow and steady is my pace lol Yesterday was dinner at the in laws and omg the amount of food I ate. Holy cow!! Was worse then pizza night. I was so hungry, don't remember the last time I ate so much. On the bright side, although I ate a crazy amount of calories, fat, sodium etc. When I got home I decided the negative number in my daily was not acceptable so I went for a bike ride and did some exercising. I managed to squeak a +3 calorie wise, and drop a significant amount grams from my carbs and fat. I will take it!!! This week I have already had 2 cheat meals, which is way above my usual but my NSV is I still exercised both times. I hope to continue this effort of exercising on cheat meal days or sticking to my goals on exercise rest days😁😁 As for the rest of the week, I have no more plans that might sabotage me so I all ready to re-re- work lol

That extra exercise on "cheat days" or "cheat meals" makes perfect sense. It's the obvious, of course. However, watching it calorie by calorie create a deficit and also put you back in line with your desired macros is genius. When I do things like that with money, I call it "nickle and dime-ing it. I will also try that with my calories if I fall prey to a weakness or trigger food. Thanks for the great ideas!

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @wellnfree That is a website? I will have to check it out
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    heymossy wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady , @denswrex , @fraukazi and @abowersgirl - Thanks for sharing your big picture thoughts on this journey. Reading those was really helpful. I like your ideas of the key three components of diet, activity and mentality. I'd think of it as the three legs on a stool - pull any one out and it's very difficult to balance. For me, all three are so intertwined that I almost can't separate them. I only consistently eat right when I have my head in the right place, I only feel strong and healthy when I'm active, and I can only keep my head in the right place to eat right when I feel strong and healthy.

That is exactly how I feel. Love the way you put it into words.

My fitness group uses the stool metaphor also but has 4 pillars that "hold up" the stool. Those are: nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress management. If you lose one, you can still balance the stool (your overall well being) but if 2 or more start to go, there will be bigger problems. It's good to check in with yourself regularly and see where you are with these and think about what changes you can make to improve the stability of your pillars. For me currently, my number 1 priority is stress management, if I'm stressed then I don't sleep well, if I am tired from lack of sleep, I don't make the best food choices, and then if I eat like crap then I don't want to work out. Keeping my stress levels in check helps me stay steady in all other areas. But things always can change, so I still check in weekly to evaluate each area.

That's a great way of putting it also. I am definetley adding sleep to my pillar
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    Well the site wasn’t working for a few hours so I’m really late today.

@SheilaBoneham I don’t think short term prednisone has the same side effects as long term. In 23 years working in a pharmacy, I never heard of the issue with the dose pal.

@orngnerdz I think if you hang in here, you will see that daily weighing AND your daily notes will help you. Chinese is likely made with MSG, followed by “another “cheat meal,”” will likely be showing on the scale for a few days. My choices generally take 2-3 days to impact my weight. Let your past guide you, not define you. And remember you can’t outrun a bad diet.