JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 53

Options

Replies

• jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I would love to hear everyone’s exact plan for their weight loss and fitness goals as we go along. I know a lot of great ideas may come of these readings.

@deepwoodslady Like you, I really enjoy reading about everyones' plans. Mine is as streamlined as I can make it because I won't follow a strict/convoluted plan.
    1. Maintain a weekly deficit with focus on more veggies, fruits, and protein
    2. Avoid binge trigger foods
    3. No food after work

I don't plan workouts because I won't do them. At 53 I'm not about to change that mindset. Vehemently HATE (can't stress that word enough) workout sessions. I won't go for a walk unless someone is counting on me to join them. I walk plenty at work. In short, if it doesn't feel like I'm playing, it's not gonna happen.
  • jerier
    Options
    denswrex wrote: »
    Female, Age 51 5'6"

9/16 151.6 Thankfully due to this challenge I know I didn't gain 2 lbs of fat overnight. I went to Mexican food yesterday and totally enjoyed my taco, rice, beans and some chips. Though the quantity was small, this was the real authentic stuff, cooked with manteca and oh so worth it! I expect this to disappear within the next 2 days. Super hydration and low carb is the plan today, as well as a hilly walk with my pups. I increased my daily calories from 1200 to 1400 and my goal is to STAY within this window for the rest of this challenge. Have a great Sunday everyone!

@denswrex Try @tiabirdie56 's parsley water for flushing out the excess water.
  • jerier
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 I bet that would make a nice hot drink after I get off of work. When it gets cooler I crave hot milk or cocoa. I've tried subbing almond, flax, and light coconut milk; it's just not the same. Cocoa is loaded with sugar, unless I make it from scratch, but after work that isn't going to happen. Lol
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @jerier, There is an online company that I used to buy protein hot chocolate from. Similar to medifast, but cheaper. I'm going to try to locate the name to order some for this winter. It's tastes very good, to me. I'll let you know when I find it.

Wonderslim. Just thought of it. Satisfies your sweet tooth and chocolate craving and it's protein.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    tiabirdie56 wrote: »
    @jerier, There is an online company that I used to buy protein hot chocolate from. Similar to medifast, but cheaper. I'm going to try to locate the name to order some for this winter. It's tastes very good, to me. I'll let you know when I find it.

Wonderslim. Just thought of it. Satisfies your sweet tooth and chocolate craving and it's protein.

@tiabirdie56 Do you happen to know or remember if the net carb count is pretty good? Drs. orders: I need extra protein for my body and my hair loss problem.
  • denswrex
    denswrex Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    @jerier I was cracking up at your autocorrect! Thanks @tiabirdie56 and @jerier for the reminder about parsley/cucumber/lemon water - on it! I am a baker as well and cannot bake at home. It starts as "for the kids" and ends badly every time. I love the batter, the doughs, the finished product...and unfortunately I have some really great recipes! Like you @tiabirdie56 no one (except my too thin 16yo) in my house needs to eat sweets. My DH and two older sons are less active than they should be and love to eat.
  • tiabirdie56
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @deepwoodslady, @jerier,
    Donna, a packet is 6g carbs, 5g net carbs

https://www.wonderslim.com/wonderslim-diet-hot-drinks-hotchocolate.html

Be sure to read the ingredients and the nutrient profile. There are a couple of things in the ingredients that do not make me happy, but I only drank it as a sweet treat once in a while at the end of the day. Two boxes, 14 packets, would last me all winter.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83,
    You're here 👍 Long day? Been there. Many times. {{{hugs}}}