October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman congrats on your 5k AG place and PR!

@MobyCarp congrats on your AG place and team win!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman - Congratulations on your AG win!!
    @katharmonic - I think you should go with @amymoreorless' set up. Keeping the champagne from sloshing will ensure that your posture and form are perfect. Well at least until you drink enough that you don't care 🤣
    @mobycarp - great race and pictures! Congratulations!!
    @jele30 - Great job getting in a 10miler with all that wind!
    @MegaMooseEsq - I hope your pup is ok! Those decisions are difficult whenever you have to make them but they usually let us know when enough is enough! I do hope you were able to get out there and enjoy your race today!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp Well done to you and your team!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    [

If you do not like to run with a hydration belt, this hydration strategy might work well. It will solve you flute and cork problem... ;)

9orm2pci8dev.jpg

Ha! :smiley:@amymoreorless I cross-posted and missed this - awesome idea! Really need to run steady though to keep from sloshing.
  • cbonsign
    cbonsign Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ve been running but in short increments. Not sure I will make it to my goal, but I’m determined to run again!

What’s the best way to post the days will the miles? Do you cut and paste each time? Retype? I know a ticker is an option but just wondering for those of who have a running list of what you do.

So far, I’m at 14/40 miles.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 OMG! You likely drove right past us (US 35?). If I'd have known, would have waved!

@Elise4270 Yes, took I-35 from TX up to Topeka, KS. I had taken I-35 south the same way. When I stopped for a run on the way down (Thurs.), it was at Lake Hefner in OKC. Are you near there?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    4.73 treadmill miles

exercise.png
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    cbonsign wrote: »
    I’ve been running but in short increments. Not sure I will make it to my goal, but I’m determined to run again!

What’s the best way to post the days will the miles? Do you cut and paste each time? Retype? I know a ticker is an option but just wondering for those of who have a running list of what you do.

So far, I’m at 14/40 miles.
    I copy/paste from a "note" file on my phone. The ticker link is there, too.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @cbonsign - everyone does it differently. I personally copy from a previous post and then update from the spreadsheet I maintain. You can always just post your current run and total or whatever works for you.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Foggy, dark morning, but it was a nice run. I'm ready for my day :)

10/1-7 Totals: bike 20.4 km, run 15 km
    10/8-14 Totals: bike 10.3 km, run 24.9 km
    10/15 - 21 Totals: bike 19.5km, run 21.4 km

10/22 - run 6.3k
    10/23 - 
    10/24 -
    10/25 -
    10/26 -
    10/27 -
    10/28 -

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    November 11: City Trail Independence Day 5k
    December 8: City Trail 5k
    January 12: City Trail 5k
    February 2-3: Lublin night 10k
    February 16: City Trail 5k
    March 23: City Trail 5k
    April 7: Lublin 10k (maybe)
    May 12: Lublin Marathon
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone who raced this weekend, as someone else commented, what amazing things this group get up to!
    Which is why I'm going to ask this here...... how many of you do stretching and/or specific warm up BEFORE a run? I have been investigating new yoga/stretching sort of thing as I have very little flexibility as it is and am suffering from very tight legs since starting to increase my mileage, and have come across quite a few pre-run warm-up stretching videos/recommendations. All I've been doing before running is walking briskly for about 6 minutes to the place I like to start my runs. Am I doing it wrong? Should I be doing more in the way of warming up? Guess the obvious is to give it a go and see if it makes a difference, but I'm curious to see how many people here do it or think it's worth doing!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 OMG! You likely drove right past us (US 35?). If I'd have known, would have waved!

@Elise4270 Yes, took I-35 from TX up to Topeka, KS. I had taken I-35 south the same way. When I stopped for a run on the way down (Thurs.), it was at Lake Hefner in OKC. Are you near there?

Yes. We're in Ardmore. You passed right through, exits 30-32. There's nothing great in Ardmore haha!

Hefner is 2 hours north of us. At one time, we were doing some of their races at Stars and Stripes park., Won my first AG there except dh registered me as "male". There are some decent eats in OKC too.