October 19 - 10 km run
    October 20 - 10 km run
    October 21 - 5 km club run

Total distance run 82 km - goal 140 km.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    The Spooktacular 5k went pretty well, except for my watch starting malfunction at the beginning due to operator error. The weather was not as bad as I feared; 37 degrees F with the occasional lake effect snowflake drifting by.
    My goal was to be under 32 minutes; posted a personal best of 30:49.
    Finished second in my age group and 18th overall.
    Didn't see any quarters on the route...

Great job!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I have been so absent... I truly miss you guys... Many things have been demanding priority over my running, but I am getting up at 3 a.m. to drive 2 hours to my 50k race tomorrow. I am not ideally prepared since I have missed several weeks of running, but I signed up for it and I told everyone here that I was running it, so by God I will run the damn thing.

Wishing you the best! At least you will be running with "fresh legs". You may do better than you think!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes everybody! The nerves have finally caught up with me but I also really need to get a full day of work in, and also we haven't gotten something we need for the house yet and might need to push back our closing date, and also I think we're going to have to put one of our dogs down next week - he's been in congestive heart failure for months and has hung on a lot longer than we expected, but his breathing is worse and his appetite is waning and I think it's time. Selfishly, I'm worried that my husband won't want to take me to the race tomorrow after all, but I don't want to bring that up until I have to. So yeah, pretty high anxiety right now. I can't wait to be on the road with nothing to worry about other than keeping one foot moving in front of the other. I *kitten* love running.

No trail shoes in my size at the sale this morning, but I did get a pair of heavy-duty leggings for $20 and a pair of Smartwool Marino tights for $25. Neither are strictly proper running gear, but at least I can wear the tights around town if they don't work as a base layer.

Wow! You have a lot going on other than your race! Good luck and have fun, at least!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp - well done!!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary I've just heard from the uni, and they have changed my schedule all around. I'm not meeting them at 11am and having the photoshoot at 12-1. I'm scheduled to do 12k on Wed, still keen to join in? Timing might be a bit tight though lol

Hmm, could be a bit tricky. If you finish at 1pm and head out immediately it could work - we’re only 15-20 mins away. However, I’m only up for 6-7km... your call. Text me on 021 676 034 on the day if you like.

@ContraryMaryMary Hey yeah it's sounding pretty tough to fit in. If I remember the earlier you could get to town would be 930? Even only doing 7k that doesn't really give me enough time to have a shower before my meeting. Sigh. And won't likely to be leaving before 2pm. I'll txt you anyway, and can alway see what happens. A huge shame, I would have loved to go for a run with you!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 OMG! You likely drove right past us (US 35?). If I'd have known, would have waved!