October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp - I feel like I have read that exact run report from you a few times now about runners that go too fast and need to learn to slow down and all that. Your patience to keep repeating the same teaching over and over is remarkable. You sir are a good man for sure.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    10/01 - 10 miles
    10/02 - 0 miles
    10/03 - 11 miles
    10/04 - 9 miles
    10/05 - 0
    10/06 - 12? Forgot to start watch *grumble*
    10/07 - 0
    10/08 - 15.5
    10/09 - 0 - had to take Jeep for inspection instead
    10/10 - 0 miles - Driving
    10/11 - 12.5 in the rain
    ...stuff happened...
    10/18 - 12 miles
    10/19 - No run, concert instead
    10/20 - 11 miles

Windy, cold, and rainy, but at least a got a few miles in! :)

Upcoming Races:

Harvest 10 Miler - November 2018

Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

--More as I find them - need to find a nice trail race

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Did 3.5 miles in a loop around my neighborhood. Was a little faster than usual. I’ve decided that my favorite temperature to run in is between 50 and 60 degrees.

That is actually the optimum temperature for running, in general for all runners. I think 55 is the exact target, but I am not sure on that memory, just know it is "50s" :) Well unless you are @Elise4270, then the optimum temperature is more around 12 or 13 degrees, but eh, can never please everyone. :wink:

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Did 3.5 miles in a loop around my neighborhood. Was a little faster than usual. I’ve decided that my favorite temperature to run in is between 50 and 60 degrees.

That is actually the optimum temperature for running, in general for all runners. I think 55 is the exact target, but I am not sure on that memory, just know it is "50s" :) Well unless you are @Elise4270, then the optimum temperature is more around 12 or 13 degrees, but eh, can never please everyone. :wink:

It does not get 12-13F here haha!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Let's try this on Strava:

Miles for Dennis
    https://strava.com/athletes/milesfor_dennis If the link doesn't work, just search for him. "Miles for" is the first name, "Dennis" is the last name ;)

Once you're connected as followers, tag him on the run you dedicated to him (under "edit activity". That's the "add a friend who didn't log" option.) Once we get the notification, one of the administrators can save it as a Dennis run. When we have everyone's runs logged, someone who is good at the fun mapping tools can come up with some visualizations for us :) This will work for the marathons people are doing in the future as well.

Administrators: How about @Orphia , @Elise4270 , @_nikkiwolf_ , others??? Basically we're accepting friend requests, then when we get notification that someone sent us a run, add it as Dennis' own with the name of the person in the title. I had to save the picture and manually add it to my own run.

@polskagirl01 Thanks so much for doing this!! :heart: Great idea to create a new account!!! @_nikkiwolf_ :heart:

I've clicked Follow, so please request to follow me back, so I can add/tag Miles for Dennis to my marathon.

• Orphia
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I've nearly finished the list of runners.

@marisap2010 You said you ran for Dennis at 11 am. How long for, and is that GMT on 14 Oct 2018?
  • Orphia
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Testing to see if I can say "*kitten*".
  • Orphia
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @orphia - I am pretty sure @7lenny7 was running a timed race (no specific distance) and @LaDispute57 is running a 50mi ultra. Hoping they are both doing well after all the miles!

Thanks, @shanaber ! x
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I got some stuff at the race today... will post more over in the long distance runners group "bling report" thread :)

From time to time y'all mention these other threads... I can not really keep up with just this thread! LOL I do not know how you do it! :smiley:

The others don't move nearly as fast!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Testing to see if I can say "*kitten*".
    Haha, nope!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Let's try this on Strava:

Miles for Dennis
    https://strava.com/athletes/milesfor_dennis If the link doesn't work, just search for him. "Miles for" is the first name, "Dennis" is the last name ;)

Once you're connected as followers, tag him on the run you dedicated to him (under "edit activity". That's the "add a friend who didn't log" option.) Once we get the notification, one of the administrators can save it as a Dennis run. When we have everyone's runs logged, someone who is good at the fun mapping tools can come up with some visualizations for us :) This will work for the marathons people are doing in the future as well.

Administrators: How about @Orphia , @Elise4270 , @_nikkiwolf_ , others??? Basically we're accepting friend requests, then when we get notification that someone sent us a run, add it as Dennis' own with the name of the person in the title. I had to save the picture and manually add it to my own run.

@polskagirl01 Thanks so much for doing this!! :heart: Great idea to create a new account!!! @_nikkiwolf_ :heart:

I've clicked Follow, so please request to follow me back, so I can add/tag Miles for Dennis to my marathon.

Erk, just had a thought. Not sure whether it would work where we have more than one runner in a slot, or overlapping.