October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp - congratulations on a well-run race!!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @elise4270 I have a Confession to make. I got talking with a friend who is also a running, and we're talking about watches. He was thinking of getting something with all the extra metrics as he is coming from a forerunner 15. I love the 645 but after a couple of uses I decided I wanted something crossed with a fitbit for all day tracking - I spend a lot of time sitting at a desk so a reminder to move is a good thing for me. I was using my phone for ages as the reminder and it was a PITA. Also our local sports store had garmin on sale so I bought a vivoactive 3 music (I thought it would be a gimic but love not having to carry my phone on me!) I hope you don't mind. I gave your watch to my friend because he would get way more use out of it than I would. I'm really grateful for it, I would probably never have got a garmin if you hadn't sent it to me, I'm a complete convert now!

Haha! Awesome! It was yours to give!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Shanaber That location looks amazing
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    This is what I see in the spreadsheet:
    1 2100 Carol
    1.5 2130 Carol
    2 2200 Carol
    3 2300 Carol noblsheep
    3.5 2330 Carol noblsheep
    4 2400 Carol noblsheep
    5 100 gap
    6 200 gap
    6.5 230 HonuNui
    7 300 HonuNui
    8 400 HonuNui
    9 500 gap [ juliet3455 ]
    9.5 530 gap [ juliet3455 ]
    10 600 gap [ juliet3455 ]
    11 700 gap [ juliet3455 ]
    12 800 Nika _nikkiwolf
    13 900 Nika _nikkiwolf
    14 1000 Jeremiah-workaholic nurse Teresa
    15 1100 girlinahat
    16 1200 girlinahat Scott
    17 1300 Scott
    17.5 1330 Elise Kathryn Scott
    18 1400 Elise Kathryn Shana
    18.5 1430 Elise Shana
    19 1500 Shana
    19.5 1530 Hilary
    20 1600 Hilary
    20.5 1630 Marissaxzxzxz
    21 1700 Marissaxzxzxz
    21.5 1730 Kim - avidkeo
    22 1800 Kim - avidkeo rusgolden
    22.5 1830 rusgolden
    23 1900 gap
    24 2000 gap
    25 2100 Meg(amoose)
    25.5 2130 Meg(amoose)
    26 2200 Meg(amoose)
    26.5 2230 everyone

Am I looking at the wrong one?

ETA: This is the link

This is what I’d been looking at too (clearly, since I’m on this one and not the other). I can’t do the first two slots I signed up for but can still do the last three.

@noblsheep , @Scott6255 , @garygse , @LaDispute57 Miles for Dennis - Would one of you be able to pick-up that 2 hour block hours 5 & 6 between Carol and @HonuNui . I have put myself in for the 3 hour gap after @HonuNui which has me starting at 2300 local time - running in the dark like an Ultra Runner. It's a good thing I know all the RCMP ( Police Officers ) in town so I can give them a warning. Planning to run until I have 26.2 km. Water stash at each end of the park trails.

@7lenny7 like @Elise4270 mentioned using the spoiler helps the page load faster as the pictures can load in the background after the main text/images are loaded. Sounds like you had a great summer and that was a great video clip of the water hazard.

I might need to pull out of this project. Woke up this morning with a mammoth headache and am currently coughing my lungs out. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and try to take the first hour of the gap if I can muster it. If not, I'll dedicate my next marathon to Dennis.
    No worries, I now know I should be able to run slot 5. Now to hope this rain will hold off...there's been a storm for most of the day but it's all quiet right now.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @elise4270 I have a Confession to make. I got talking with a friend who is also a running, and we're talking about watches. He was thinking of getting something with all the extra metrics as he is coming from a forerunner 15. I love the 645 but after a couple of uses I decided I wanted something crossed with a fitbit for all day tracking - I spend a lot of time sitting at a desk so a reminder to move is a good thing for me. I was using my phone for ages as the reminder and it was a PITA. Also our local sports store had garmin on sale so I bought a vivoactive 3 music (I thought it would be a gimic but love not having to carry my phone on me!) I hope you don't mind. I gave your watch to my friend because he would get way more use out of it than I would. I'm really grateful for it, I would probably never have got a garmin if you hadn't sent it to me, I'm a complete convert now!

Haha! Awesome! It was yours to give!

Thank you Elise. I was a bit iffy about it, because you were so generous and it seemed a little, odd maybe. But in the end he really will get so much more out of the metrics than I would have, he is over the moon, it pushed me to get one when I probably wouldn't have and I LOVE my vivoactive so much. You really are amazing
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @MobyCarp well done! You have to post a pic of your complete mug collection!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Another rest day for me cause hubby is in a tournament. My legs are really grateful for the extra rest. I decided to do a real workout challenge, a 1000 calorie workout from fitness blender, made up of 30 min HIIT, total body strength and abs. I've done them from time to time, I used fitness blender last year to lose 20kg, and often use them for lifting videos. I thought it would be relatively easy with all the running I've been doing it would be a good idea.

OMG the HIIT section kicked my butt. Last time I did it, a few months ago, it was great. But I've lost the ability to do a lot of the explosive actions. I may have to find a way to bring some of it back. Once the half is over maybe. I estimate about 500 calories burned total.

Chilling for the rest of the day I think.
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So I'm a total spreadsheet novice. Do I Just log my miles under my location? Or do I log them somewhere else?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    So I'm a total spreadsheet novice. Do I Just log my miles under my location? Or do I log them somewhere else?

The sheets dedicated to states are for those that, at any point run a marathon for Dennis. He passed without having achieved his goal of running one in each state.

ETA I figure everyone will update here with the runs.
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Oh, okay. I got a little confused. I will post my mileage here.