October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!
    @7lenny7 - I will be following/stalking you as you progress!
    @MegaMooseEsq - I have also used gummy bears on long runs and in races. I would suggest letting them melt/dissolve in your mouth a bit. That has worked well for me anyway to keep from getting an upset stomach, but then I tend toward stomach issues anyway.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Peachtree 15K was unexpectedly awesome.
    The temp was on the warm side at 66, but it was cloudy. Didn't think I was really going to 'race' today, just was going to do a normal training run. But felt pretty good at the start and kept it going. About at the halfway point it started pouring rain, and it kept up for the reminder of the race.
    My brother was on my shoulder for the entire race, then about 2 feet from the finish I pulled ahead and beat him by 1 second :D
    I ended up getting 1st place in my AG, 17/107 males, 30/245 overall.
    So quite pleased, and really unexpected.

Congrats to all those that raced this weekend!

Nice AG place man and great results overall!

@7lenny7 just going to check on ya from time to time today, good luck.

@LaDispute57 will be pulling for you!

@garygse Absolutely *kitten* hilarious! Snickered out loud at that🤣.

Finally joined strava group, feel free to follow me if you so desire. Will work on translating run for Dennis over from Endomondo.

Good luck with tomorrow's race @MegaMooseEsq 🏃‍♀️💪!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @garygse Hilarious! I will never pick up a quarter so eagerly again. Thanks for the well wishes and sharing all that information. Your threshold zone change was quite interesting. I hope the new ones work great. You are already so fast, those little tweaks might make all the difference for you.

@workaholic_nurse Thank you!

@LaDispute57 and @7Lenny7 Hope you had/are having a great race!

@Scott6255 Woohoo! 1st place in AG is so awesome, especially since you didn't intend to "race." Congratulations!

@katharmonic You are so loved! How sweet of them. Enjoy your massage today.

@polskagirl01 Congratulations on your race! Those were perfect goals. And what a cute T-shirt (thanks for the translation).
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I have been checking in on @7lenny7 occasionally and it looks like he is doing well and over 30miles!
    @LaDispute57 - hope you are having a good run too!
    @scott6255 - Fantastic!! 1st place AG win! Congratulations! Whoot! Whoot!
    @katharmonic - what a wonderful idea and great friends to put it all together for you! Hope you enjoyed your massage!
    @garygse - I am going to sign up even though I am not running at the moment. It looks pretty cool but makes me wonder how they pay for it - ads? providing info to others for analytics? Anyway I also sent it to my husband, hoping maybe it will incentivize him to get up and move more!
    ETA - @polskagirl01 - love the t-shirt! Even better that you had a great race and enjoyed it so much!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Peachtree 15K was unexpectedly awesome.
    The temp was on the warm side at 66, but it was cloudy. Didn't think I was really going to 'race' today, just was going to do a normal training run. But felt pretty good at the start and kept it going. About at the halfway point it started pouring rain, and it kept up for the reminder of the race.
    My brother was on my shoulder for the entire race, then about 2 feet from the finish I pulled ahead and beat him by 1 second :D
    I ended up getting 1st place in my AG, 17/107 males, 30/245 overall.
    So quite pleased, and really unexpected.

Congrats to all those that raced this weekend!

HA! Good on you for not letting your brother pass you. Oh, yeah, nice AG win too. :wink:
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I got to race today! It was a beautiful day in the woods, and I met all of my goals: 1) Don't look at watch. 2) Don't try to go fast. 3) Have fun!!!
    As a result I finished farther back than I was used to last season, but once I'm in better shape, I'll get back to competing with myself again. I am glad I was able to just enjoy the run today instead of worrying about who was passing me.

This is an awesome attitude! It will carry you far!

• PastorVincent
    Options
    I got some stuff at the race today... will post more over in the long distance runners group "bling report" thread :)

From time to time y'all mention these other threads... I can not really keep up with just this thread! LOL I do not know how you do it! :smiley: