WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Monday, 1 October 2018 ... 4.3 km walking + 6 flights of 20 stairs
    Tuesday, 2 October 2018 ... 3.6 km walking + 6.2 km running + 5 flights of 20 stairs
    Wednesday, 3 October 2018 ... 1.8 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Thursday, 4 October 2018 ... 2.5 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Friday, 5 October 2018 ... 2 km walking + 4.1 km running + 10 flights of 20 stairs
    Saturday, 6 October 2018 ... 27 km cycling outside!! :grin:
    Sunday, 7 October 2018 ... 1.6 km walking + 5.4 km running + 11 flights of 20 stairs

Monday, 8 October 2018 ... 5 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Tuesday, 9 October 2018 ... 3.6 km walking + 14 flights of 20 stairs
    Wednesday, 10 October 2018 ... 2.5 km walking + 16 flights of 20 stairs
    Thursday, 11 October 2018 ... 2.6 km walking + 5.4 km running + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Friday, 12 October 2018 ... 2.7 km walking + 16 flights of 20 stairs

2018 Monthly October
    Walking Distance (km): 53.3
    Walking Time (min): 556.0
    Cycling Distance (km): 27.0
    Cycling Time (min): 97.0
    Stairs Climbed Number: 94.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 75.2

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 80.3
    Total Distance (miles): 49.9
    Total Time (min): 728.2
    Total Time (hr): 12:08:12

Averaging an hour a day so far .... !!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am up and slept pretty well... even though i got up 3 times to pee, I guess thats what i get for drinking so much water,,,
    taking Lil up to see her daughter today , and I will bring a couple of books to read while she is visiting
    and back to clean some more...
  • lsronson
    lsronson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Reading the thread, this is an inspiring supportive community ! I’m in great need of this!!
    My name is Sue, a wife, mother of 3 teens, work full time and carrying a heart-load of stress! My motivation to exercise e is at an all time low. I have great plans to do stuff (eat well, exercise, meditate ...) but nostalgic procrastination and oft times depression becomes my best friend. I thought maybe if I join a group, I may have a chance at actually making a goal and sticking to it!!

Quote: Some people stop at nothing! It’s good food for thought!

Today is a good day but I’ve yet to put my feet on the floor!!

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Sue - welcome! Struggling with my own exercise motivation at the moment, and had a long conversation with my son (25) just yesterday on the dangers of nostalgia. It's not a danger in and of itself, but it can be when you allow looking back to stall you or convince you to try to reclaim past happiness. It never works in my experience, but there is plenty of possibility of happiness in the future to be grasped if you look and reach forward. It works for me, anyway. My own struggle is staying in the present, and not allowing the future stresses to weigh on today's joy.

Many here also struggle with depression, and each finds their own way forward, with a helping hand from all. We're glad you're here.

Lisa in Arkansas
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Sue welcome! Sounds like time is at a premium for you with everything on your plate. Perhaps micro goals would be a place to start. examples I will exercise while brushing my teeth, select better food choices for lunch, rather than walk by the candy dish at work I will take a detour to get a glass of water, if I have a candy dish I will get rid of it. When faced with a stressful moment take in three deep breaths. Small steps can add up quickly.

I am working on creating a break or pause as I transition from one activity to another and pacing myself so I am on time for those activities in my life that run on a schedule.

:heart: Margaret
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I hope you don’t mind me arriving a bit late to the party. I read your thread and it’s such a lovely bunch of people and a great idea, so here goes....

Everything was going so well with the exercise and weight loss. I lost weight, ran a 10k, I was proud of myself. But suddenly my good intentions turned to accepting little donuts at work, and having the odd portion of fries mid-week instead of waiting till the weekend. And letting the exercise fall by the wayside. Well you’ll be amazed to hear I hit a weight loss plateau and even gained a bit.

My October Goal was *going* to be “sober October” but I forgot. Sigh. So I’m planning “sober November” instead. Then it was going to be ‘yoga for 10 minutes in the morning and HIIT (Cassey Ho PIIT actually) three times a week’ but I got so busy at work that crashed too... :( It turned into ‘yoga none times and Cassey once’.

I REALLY need to get back on track because it’s getting quite depressing. I’ve even stopped tracking food properly. Can’t get a streak of more than 30 days. So here goes.

Goal. Track every day. Yoga before work (10 minutes is fine). Cassey 3 times a week. No more fries. No donuts.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)LindsayGii welcome. If you read this thread, you'll find ideas that will help you. If setting a goal for a month has not worked for you, set a goal for right now. I got back to my treadmill by just getting on and walking for 5 minutes. The next day I walked longer. The day I started logging food on MFP, I logged my plan for the whole and decided that I would refuse any food that was offered to me no matter what. Start with baby steps. And tell us a name you want us to call you and where you are from (general or specific) so we can get to know you better.

:) Barbie from NW Washington

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Washed all the bed linen. Cleaned the two ovens. Cleaned out the fridge. :D:D:D
    Made Lamb Tagine for dinner. With spinach.
    I'm now going to do half an hour on the bike.
    Got some lovely AF Rosé for dinner.
    Spoke to seller's agent. Trying to fix dates. Still haven't heard where the buyer's mortgage paperwork has got to. :noway:
    Have emailed our agent.

Tomorrow I will clean out another couple of kitchen drawers and declutter them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa in AR: I am so happy that your medical situation is benign. Yay!!!!! I’m glad you had a good time with your son. :smiley:

Karen: I don’t think I’ve seen the Simplify shoes from SAS. I’ll have to look at them. Thanks for the idea. I hope you have not problems from the storm. :star:

Meg: Happy Anniversary. I hope the next one is less stressful. I’m glad htat you have a visit planned. :heart:

Machka: You are ding a great gjob with your fitness and exercise. WTG!!! :star;:

Isronson: Welcome to a great group! Post often for encouragement and support. :star:

LindsayGil: Welcome to a great group! Your goals are a great place to start. You’ve chosen things that are doable without a pile of equipment and expense. Barbie’s advice is excellent. Post often for encouragement and support. :flowerforyou:

We are getting ready for an RV trip to the coast. I’m not sure how many days we will be gone, but we’re hoping to meet DH’s sister and her husband and travel together for a few days. I will be able to log every bite and swallow, but my visits here may be reduced depending on whether I have internet access.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Janet big hug to your daughter, she is a heroine! So impressive that CPR skills kicked in after 14 years since attending the class....I'd still be shaking and crying too! She had a guardian angel on her shoulder as did her co-worker<3

Karen tornados and generators, you poor thing, glad you can help out the neighbors o:)

I'm looking forward to getting to the gym after a busy work week, once there are after school meetings and social gatherings, I fall out of the rhythm of exercising after work every day and need to remind myself how good it feels to exercise regularly. I am still stretching in the a.m. and that is keeping me centered.

Gonna bake an apple pie tonight cause the apples we picked upstate are so darn delicious, for me, I just make them into applesauce in the instantpot (no added sugar) but DH loves a good apple pie so that's the direction I'm headed in.

Happy Friday everyone. NYKAREN
  • suite_lady
    suite_lady Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The excess weight I gained from our family reunion is gone. Plus an additional 1/2 pound. However, we are going away for the weekend to a rock festival. Going to do plenty of walking and dancing! Today is my day off from the gym. I am going to put on one of my exercise DVD's and get my body moving for extra credit :wink: . I hope everyone is having a productive day :smile:

SL
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Still reading all posts; but had to jump in and say something to Janet
    Janet:Wow! Kudos for your daughter for recognizing the signs of CPR emergency and being able to pull up that memory of what to do! I do take CPR and first aid every three years and I have never had to use it until about five years ago. Had a situation with a teenaged boy next door. Explosion-kid on fire-holes in chest area. I heard the bang and found him, still walking, on fire, in a daze. Any how, I yelled to my son to call 911 and started first aid- then CPR after he stopped breathing. Seemed like EMTs were there almost immediately and they took over...but that is when my adrenaline went into overdrive. For the next few days I would cry, couldn't talk about it and had a nightmare or two. One of my daycare parents happened to be one of the EMTs that responded and I talked to him about what I was dealing with and he said that rescuers often feel that stress after saving some one. In most cases it just goes away as you learn to breath/cope through the emotion. Firefighters, EMT/First Responders, ER docs deal with this stress on a daily repetitive basis. It's a wonder they don't spend hours in therapy. Maybe they do! But really, your daughter is amazing for jumping in there! A lot of people don't or just can't. <3 KJ
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    im home , took Lil up to see her daughter who i knew from high school, they visited and I went and brought water bottles to recycling place...then went to Panaera and had some autumn squash soup and a chai latte...., home and will take a nap and then get crack a lackin on picking up the rest of my place...
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Margaret - A suitcase record player, that jogged many happy memories for me. I bet you are truly enjoying that.

Sharon - I just have to say that I think it's awesome you actually gave Katla some advice for how to succeed instead of how to quit. That's a positive attitude.

Machka - Have you done any research on sleep apnea, I believe one of the symptoms is still feeling tired after a "good" nights sleep. I have been tested twice for it, and both times have been cleared, I just snore excessively.

Lisa - Your math problem made me chuckle. It is that type of logistics that I have made a career out of. Hope the coffee helped!

Karen- Tornado's scare me.

Sue - Depression is draining. One thing besides meds that I have found to help me most is a Gratitude Journal. Remembering the positives in life helps diminish the problems.

Barbie - I bet that walking felt so good!

Janet - How wonderful for your daughter to remember CPR. I would be panicking I think.

I am having a couple of rough work days. I am just trying to remember "Do not stress over what you cannot control". If I say it enough I might actually listen to it. Thankfully it is Friday and I have a relaxing weekend planned.

Tracey in a rainy, at least it's not snow yet, Edmonton