WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well, son took us out to Chinese food last night. We drove in his cute Japanese can he bought this month. Its a Toyota, I think a 87', a right hand drive, and two back seats that swivel towards the very back bench seats. Its so funny for the passenger up front to hold their hands up, while son makes a turn! The look on people's faces is priceless! gkwdvizb8f0j.jpg
    I had teriyaki and broccoli chicken. Took half home.👍.
    Have a great day ladies! Hugs!
    💗Rebecca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Hi ladies! Been on the road since 7:20 AM. Going south instead of West because it's actually snowing all the way on interstate 80 to Denver. And the temperature that direction is below 30° for a high today. We decided to go south to Amarillo! Hoping it will be much warmer and Sunny that direction!

<3

Sorry but cold in Amarillo too, they'll have snow tomorrow, hopefully you get passed before that. Be careful!! If you're on I-40 through Oklahoma, you'll pass about a mile from my house .

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I took a nice nap... and I took myself out earlier after I fed my DFIL to breakfast... I rarely if at all eat a big breakfast but got home fries,corned beef hash,2 eggs and toast... only ate 1/2 .. but was very good.. maybe once a year ill do breakfast out...
    after nap got up and put away all the furniture on the patio,, its starting to stay cold and dont want snow piling up on stuff..
    I am actually really enjoying having a place to myself...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

manual treadmill- 5543min, 13.56min mi, 143ahr, 160mhr, 4mi= 592c
    Apple Watch- 574c
    walk outside, Costco 2 tan 2 hm= Apple Watch only,- 52.46min, 1.2mi= 134c

total cal 726

another week of no gym workout, more OT.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Janetr- Congratulations <3 Matthew is beautiful. I will be waving at you in less then an hour! Since it is going to snow in Amarillo tomorrow we decided to continue driving past dark. We turn south there to head down to Carlsbad Caverns for a touristy stop! As an Earth science teacher I've always wanted to go there!

<3
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Not using food for entertainment has been a part of the changes I’ve made, although there are folks whom I only meet for dinner out. I usually try, if asked, to share a restaurant that offers some healthy options or decide to have the “soup and salad or half sandwich” sort of option. Hope the sunnier weather we’re having here will help your husband heal quickly.

Janetr OKC - Gosh, inheritances DO cause drama, even small ones. Kudos to you for opting out of a triangle hassle. Hugs for your loss.

Carol in GA - Sounds to me like something that worked out great. I guess not all estate situations don’t cause long term divisions or drama.

Barbara the Southern Oregon Coastie - I just LIVE your sign-off, “Lighter lovelies “! So positive and friendly. Yes I do keep a positive attitude, but that seems to be my default mindset. The song “A Cockeyed Optomist” was written for me, I think.

Katla in NW Oregon - Hope the trip loading went well and you are on your way!

Rebecca on Whidbey Island - are both of your sons stationed nearby, or only the Vampire? Hope you had a great dinner. Lots of good places to eat there. I have to say eating at my eldest daughter’s in OH there is the best. She makes healthy dishes that are delicious!

Lanette in SW WA State - I’m actually east of Bellevue in Issaquah WA. Are you in ilwaco or Long Beach Area?

Barbiecat - You’re being SO sensible! I have gotten into trouble post-accident or surgery so I must learn that!

• trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Pip! Tacoma?!? You’re in Western WA also? We have quite a flock!

LACATGIRL - Welcome! This is a good place to find motivation that has strayed! I find that this is the easiest site to track my food and count my calories. I try to be strict with myself, and I use the day’s food log page to sort of plan my meals, trying out what the rest of the day might be after I have my breakfast, or logging what I plan for tomorrow’s dinner ahead of time do I know what nutrients I need more of. Motivation for me is getting my body to a healthy place so I can spend less time and money on doctors and Rx in my old(er) age.

Grandmallie - Woohoo! Going good!

Lisa in AR - You put it much better than I did to Lacatgal! You are so right that it starts today! Ask your doctor if there’s any pain reliever you CAN take for that knee in the ore-surgery time. Usually there’s something they can prescribe.

Heather U.K. - I had a friend who raised guinea fowl for sentinels for her chickens. I never thought about eating them. Do they “taste just like chicken”, or are the different?

Lindsay Gii - I know my instant pot can supposedly make yogurt. How much trouble is it? Do you need special equipment?

Evelyn Vancouver Island - I love that phrase “ It's really not fun lying in bed listening to the sugar race around your bloodstream.... “! That says it so well!

Rebecca - teriyaki and broccoli chicken sounds yummy right now! That car is adorable, and I’ll bet it DOES get looks when the person in the left hand seat holds their hand up. I’d lie to drive when and if I ever visit the U.K., but I’m afraid that would be a major hurdle at my age.

Janetr7476 - He’s just precious!

Fanncy0626 - Goid decision to keep driving. I hope you hit better weather as you head south. I dearly love visiting caves and caverns. They give me the kind of shivers that are half delight, half a bit of fear of collapse or something.

I need to get out of my chair and eat! I’ve been at this over 90 minutes. Retirement and lack of imperatives really gets me right at my lazy part! I really need to cook something and not just grab what’s convenient.

Sharon near Seattle
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sharon - I used to live near Beaver Lake (now Sammamish) and now am south of Olympia, but not a coastie. Nice sunny day today and can see both Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier when I take my walk.

Pip - adorable photo of Lenny. One of the things I adore about your Kirby is that he is so supportive of you and not threatened by your good memories of Lenny. That's A#1 in my book. Hope your back is doing better - great bicycling weather for the next week or so except for the chilly mornings.

Mary - safe travels! Hard to imagine winter is hitting in the middle of our country.... and on the east coast too. Did you get any good resolution to the water line assessment? Hope they are reconsidering!

Barbie
    - Did Jake's daughter decide to take and ferries and make the drive? Understandable if he's not feeling well, company isn't appreciated.

Once my DH's brother flew out to Seattle for some type of conference, wanted to see us, so he rented a car and drove down. We were living way out in the boonies at that time. He missed a turnoff (drove past our driveway!) and ended up nearly all the way to the coast before realizing it... an hour out of his way. He finally found us and spent an hour then took off... didn't have time to eat any of the nice meal I'd prepared. :( . So visiting relatives, meh.

We had a super icy deck this morning, so DH stapled down outdoor carpeting - we had some on the old deck that saved our keesters more than once. It's semi-porous with a nice short nap so just enough grip.

Have a great evening ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Janetr- Congratulations <3 Matthew is beautiful. I will be waving at you in less then an hour! Since it is going to snow in Amarillo tomorrow we decided to continue driving past dark. We turn south there to head down to Carlsbad Caverns for a touristy stop! As an Earth science teacher I've always wanted to go there!

<3

Oh cool, my youngest daughter lives in Lubbock you'll get close to her too and she has a nephew in Carlsbad NM. lol. I guess I just have a big family scattered all over the place!! Did you see Tinker AFB and the airplanes sitting there right next to the highway, I'm a mile north of there. :)

Janetr OKC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Janetr congratulations on Matthew.

We had wet sloppy snow today so I went to buy a hat at Kohl's. I checked in lost and found and someone had turned in my gloves. Made my day! Sang Craig Courtney"s Be Not Afraid. He is one of my favorites to sing!

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Pip! Tacoma?!? You’re in Western WA also? We have quite a flock!

LACATGIRL - Welcome! This is a good place to find motivation that has strayed! I find that this is the easiest site to track my food and count my calories. I try to be strict with myself, and I use the day’s food log page to sort of plan my meals, trying out what the rest of the day might be after I have my breakfast, or logging what I plan for tomorrow’s dinner ahead of time do I know what nutrients I need more of. Motivation for me is getting my body to a healthy place so I can spend less time and money on doctors and Rx in my old(er) age.

Grandmallie - Woohoo! Going good!

Lisa in AR - You put it much better than I did to Lacatgal! You are so right that it starts today! Ask your doctor if there’s any pain reliever you CAN take for that knee in the ore-surgery time. Usually there’s something they can prescribe.

Heather U.K. - I had a friend who raised guinea fowl for sentinels for her chickens. I never thought about eating them. Do they “taste just like chicken”, or are the different?

Lindsay Gii - I know my instant pot can supposedly make yogurt. How much trouble is it? Do you need special equipment?

Evelyn Vancouver Island - I love that phrase “ It's really not fun lying in bed listening to the sugar race around your bloodstream.... “! That says it so well!

Rebecca - teriyaki and broccoli chicken sounds yummy right now! That car is adorable, and I’ll bet it DOES get looks when the person in the left hand seat holds their hand up. I’d lie to drive when and if I ever visit the U.K., but I’m afraid that would be a major hurdle at my age.

Janetr7476 - He’s just precious!

Fanncy0626 - Goid decision to keep driving. I hope you hit better weather as you head south. I dearly love visiting caves and caverns. They give me the kind of shivers that are half delight, half a bit of fear of collapse or something.

I need to get out of my chair and eat! I’ve been at this over 90 minutes. Retirement and lack of imperatives really gets me right at my lazy part! I really need to cook something and not just grab what’s convenient.

Sharon near Seattle

yup, I live in tacoma (basically across 1-5 from Costco/REI) and I work in sumner
  • pipcd34
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Sharon - I used to live near Beaver Lake (now Sammamish) and now am south of Olympia, but not a coastie. Nice sunny day today and can see both Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier when I take my walk.

Pip - adorable photo of Lenny. One of the things I adore about your Kirby is that he is so supportive of you and not threatened by your good memories of Lenny. That's A#1 in my book. Hope your back is doing better - great bicycling weather for the next week or so except for the chilly mornings.

Mary - safe travels! Hard to imagine winter is hitting in the middle of our country.... and on the east coast too. Did you get any good resolution to the water line assessment? Hope they are reconsidering!

Barbie
    - Did Jake's daughter decide to take and ferries and make the drive? Understandable if he's not feeling well, company isn't appreciated.

Once my DH's brother flew out to Seattle for some type of conference, wanted to see us, so he rented a car and drove down. We were living way out in the boonies at that time. He missed a turnoff (drove past our driveway!) and ended up nearly all the way to the coast before realizing it... an hour out of his way. He finally found us and spent an hour then took off... didn't have time to eat any of the nice meal I'd prepared. :( . So visiting relatives, meh.

We had a super icy deck this morning, so DH stapled down outdoor carpeting - we had some on the old deck that saved our keesters more than once. It's semi-porous with a nice short nap so just enough grip.

Have a great evening ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State

yup he was very supportive and not threatened. he's a great man
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Janetr What a beautiful great grandson, <3<3 Congrats.

Sharon I make a batch of instant pot yogurt every Sunday, lasts me all week. I place in small containers for grab and go with fruit and nuts, no added sugar. It takes a little bit of time to learn the instant pot ropes, but I think homemade yogurt is pretty darn simple. You do have to bring the milk up to high temp, let it cool slightly, add active culture then set and forget. A bit of a learning curve, but, much better tasting and 1/4 the cost of store bought. Google for recipes, very worthwhile IMO.

NYKAREN

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Janetr- no we did not see the Air Force Base. I think we exited because of an accident and took the loop through the city. Then got back on I40 eight miles down the road.

Because of the strong winds we pulled over in Clinton and will have to face whatever weather happens tomorrow.

<3

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies,lolly gagged this afternoon,didn't turn on the TV and sometimes it's just better that way.reading both decluttering at the speed of life and Suze Orman women and money....
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Sharon near Seattle, my eldest son is here in Whidbey island, and we share a home with him. My middle and wife reside in Vancouver WA, they are both civilians now. My youngest is the one waiting to get stationed to Japan👍. My Three Stooges are not together anymore!😢
    Rebecca 💗
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Janetr- no we did not see the Air Force Base. I think we exited because of an accident and took the loop through the city. Then got back on I40 eight miles down the road.

Because of the strong winds we pulled over in Clinton and will have to face whatever weather happens tomorrow.

<3

Mary
    - sounds like you are getting to drive in some kind of Minnesota weather!

I asked you about the water assessment... duh, it was a sewer assessment, wasn't it? When I went for my walk I saw the blue locate lines painted along the street so have water lines on the brain. Sorry!

Rebecca
    - I love your son's car, and what a treat to go out for Chinese! Love those leftovers! <3

Janetr - congrats on the new great grandson! How many grands & great-grands is that for you now?

NY Karen
    - I'm back on the wagon now and eating my "yogurt parfait" with chopped nuts and berries. Only difference is I add maybe a tablespoon of applesauce - because I canned so much a couple years ago I still have it coming out my ears. I even get my DH to eat it now and then. My Instant Pot doesn't have the yogurt setting. :(

Later ladies!!

Lanette
    SW WA State