Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • ToeKneeRay
    ToeKneeRay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the group and returned to MFP after a few years off. I am part of the Daily Burn community and have been fairly consistent with my workouts and have recently made some positive changes in my diet. This new commitment to my health has brought me positive results, so my (late) October resolution is to keep it up!

Exercise: 5 days/week for 30 minutes (at least)
    Diet: cut out alcohol (only have 1-2 drinks a week), stay committed to diet changes
    MFP: keep logging in!

Hope everyone's month is going well :-)

Toni
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lynnpickering "more comfortably in the plane seat" for approximately 20 hrs? Great motivation!
    Kim great news about PayPal doing the right thing. how very scary!
    Michele glad you got your password changed. Do you let your internet browser "remember" logins and passwords? If so, please reconsider, just sayin'. ;)
    Lanette overjoyed for your DH's good vascular news! "super icy deck" Yuck! One of the things I do NOT miss about living in Idaho.
    Rye Mocha Latte is a cutie! How are Kidd Kirby and Jackie Kane adapting to the new addition?
    Rebecca so glad your youngest sailor called and eased your heart.
    Rori ((hugs)) and safe travels. Enjoy P.V. muchly!
    Barbie may we see a pic of your little volunteer pumpkin? Loved your soapbox moment, two of my favorite quotes.
    Katla wish you were coming all the way down the Oregon Coast, would love to meet up. Maybe next year? Poo on those complaining neighbors, they're just jealous!
    Welcome LindsayGii. Boredom, depression, isolation, all big health risks, but you knew that. Ditto Heather's advice in spades. How soon can you transfer out from the middle east?
    Heather
    one piece of trash... hmm, I'm fairly obsessive about recycling so alas, that won't get me going... but I've got to do something, Joe just brought in two more boxes of books from the garage. :astonished: Who is the author of Blueprint? Haven't done the Ancestry/23 and me tests... yet... but may someday. As an adoptee who only found her birth mother after Mama and Papa passed, I alternate between eagerness for and aversion to connecting with unknowns on father's side. "Strategy is stronger than willpower", another favorite quote.
    Karen in VA Good for you for setting boundaries with your brother. Sounds like my very dear friend who messages me multiple times daily but no longer sends those huge videos thank goodness. Likewise I do not answer when irritated. Is your power back on? Hope any damage was minimal.
    Machka :love: the dream cabin pic, sign me up!
    Tracey ditto Vickie's question about a "public" phone on the floor you can call into to talk to your mother, one that the patients cannot call out from? Wonder if any of the cell phone vendors have a phone that can only receive not make calls?
    Lisa are there any alternative pain management options for that pre-surgery week? You can't be in good shape for an operation when you are worn out from lack of sleep due a week's agony. I am in total awe of your (and KJs and Katla's and everyone else's) home improvement skills. Neither Joe nor I have any.
    Mary on the southern route to AZ, safe travels!
    Janetr welcome ggs Matthew Grayson. Hope you can travel to cuddle him soon. Snow in Amarillo mid-October? :noway: Weather gets stranger every year.
    pip any break in sight from all that OT?
    Sharon, the "Lighter" part of the signoff was from Lisa ;) "...gets me right in my lazy part" me too!
    Michele was that <Snicker> snack sized? ;)
    Welcome Sue (Isronson). Please let us know where you are so we can keep you straight from SueBDew in TX and Sue in WA.
    Welcome burryc1.
    Welcome lacatgirl Ditto Lisa. try saying "NOW I'm going to do something to make me feel good." It can be anything, a 5 minute Leslie Sansome walk, prep some raw veggies for a snack, meditate for 5 minutes, anything. Baby steps. Tomorrow is too far away, all we have is NOW.

Whew, finally caught up.

Today was pastor's 40th anniversary of shepherding the same small, rural congregation. Special music, special messages from 5 past church secretaries and others, a hilarious poem and slide show from current secretary and of course, tons of food. The "half" piece of carrot cake I ate put me into sugar zombieland, had to take a nap soon as I got home. Hard to make steps while sleeping the day away, thank goodness for Leslie Sansome. Two 15 minute miles and I'm within 62 steps of goal. We won't talk about being under calorie allotment for the day... ;)
    62, 61, 60...

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 8/12, rx/vits 7/12, meditate 7/12, walk one more step 12/12, knee exercises 7/12, core 2/8, walk Tumble 1/8 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/0, AF 9/12.

Not yet, but I am doing it voluntarily too, like that $$
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I am often grateful that I don't have a chaotic or difficult work life, because that would make my habits far more difficult to sustain. I take my hat off to those who struggle with money, or time. Exhaustion is a big problem for many. I don't cope well with tiredness and have consequently limited my commitments in life to the bare minimum. I hate to be "busy". I say "No" a lot. I protect my personal space like a tiger.

Whereas I feel ... if I stopped being busy, everything would fall apart. Mainly me ... I would fall apart. The "busy" is helping me to keep some measure of sanity and control.

I'm in a brain injury carer group and the leader tried to get us to do a short "mindfulness" exercise in last week's meeting. I couldn't do it. I went through the motions, but just couldn't relax. I felt like if I took my mind completely off all the things I need to do for just one second, the whole thing would unravel. I've gotten to the point now where I can't even imagine truly relaxing.

Quite possibly why I wake up in the mornings feeling like I've run a marathon and why my teeth are cracking. :confused:

Maybe one day I'll feel like it is OK to stop being busy for a day and just relax.

Machka in Oz

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Lanette- The public meeting about the sewer was postponed so no action taken yet. However I've been collecting paperwork just in case!

Barbara- thanks! We woke up to bright sunshine! We will hopefully make it to Carlsbad Caverns today!

Kelly- Thanks! Shep is here with us! We definitely prefer to put on extra miles rather than to drive through bad weather! Sunny and 37° today!

<3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Whereas I feel ... if I stopped being busy, everything would fall apart. Mainly me ... I would fall apart. The "busy" is helping me to keep some measure of sanity and control.

I'm in a brain injury carer group and the leader tried to get us to do a short "mindfulness" exercise in last week's meeting. I couldn't do it. I went through the motions, but just couldn't relax. I felt like if I took my mind completely off all the things I need to do for just one second, the whole thing would unravel. I've gotten to the point now where I can't even imagine truly relaxing.

Quite possibly why I wake up in the mornings feeling like I've run a marathon and why my teeth are cracking. :confused:

Maybe one day I'll feel like it is OK to stop being busy for a day and just relax.

Machka in Oz

For very different and much more positive reasons, I understand. I hope that day comes for you when you're ready for it to be there. I think of you, and I think we all do, more often than you know. No advice, just support.

Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    oh lordy, so i called about the money supposed to be rolled over into my IRA and because they said paperwork wasnt filled correctly the gave me forced pay out which i did not want, i wanted straight rollover into IRA so no penalties,,,, ughhh rediculous... all I have to say is they better straighten it out on there end...
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Allie - You should still be able to roll it into a qualified fund without penalty. When hub changed jobs they couldn’t do a direct rollover so it came to us (a check left on the front porch in an overnight mailing envelope!!) and we just mailed the check on to his new qualifying fund. If we had cashed and/or deposited it, they said penalties could apply.

Okie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    oh lordy, so i called about the money supposed to be rolled over into my IRA and because they said paperwork wasnt filled correctly the gave me forced pay out which i did not want, i wanted straight rollover into IRA so no penalties,,,, ughhh rediculous... all I have to say is they better straighten it out on there end...

Allie
    - good thing you checked on it, keep after them to correct it ASAP. The bank flubbed up a direct rollover for me a couple years ago and I got a surprise letter and bill from the IRS. They did get it corrected with the IRS after much frustration and anguish on my part.

And like Okie advises, make sure the new account is identified as an IRA.

Good luck!

Lanette
    Chilly SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    have paperwork they are sending me, and they told me where I need to sign, they are working on it, and I will get a check from them but will shred it..they will put a stop order on it
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Heather this one's for you: filed some papers and was even able to throw away/recycle some. Yes it is possible to do some decluttering without a sense of loss and grief. Thanks!
    Machka "... the body knows exactly..." true, sister, true!
    KJ Not quite three??? I was nineteen :} Got up in the middle of the night Pacific Time to go to a friend's house for a moon walk pancake breakfast. TVs were color by then ;} but transmission was in black and white. I still get chills remembering...
    Toni welcome back!
    Allie Yikes! Okie and Lanette are right on target. I'd have trouble shredding the check tho'...

Lovely day here, clear, dry, highs in the mid-60's perfect day for digging/prepping that veggie bed... AFTER I get down on the floor for the knee exercises ;)

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 10/14, rx/vits 10/14, meditate 8/14, walk one more step 14/14, knee exercises 8/14, core 2/8, walk Tumble 1/8 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/0, AF 10/14.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me out with Lisa's blog address about the mountain house. Some how I lost it. Ugh

Thanks
    Janetr OKC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    When last heard from, Wendy was starting on the queen-making project. Has anyone heard from her since? Sure hope all's well with her and hers. https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/a23691441/manuka-honey-benefits/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_pnb&utm_medium=email&date=101118
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    He said, "of course I knew we had a baby coming all this time, I put the crib together and got the nursery ready but not until I held this tiny boy in my arms did it really hit me that I was a Dad now
    Janetr OKC

Funny. That gorgeous picture reminded me of my baby son. Then your story reminded me of being quite surprised, when he was born, to see him. Pregnant for nine months. Loads of scans. Still surprised. I remember saying ‘oh, hello!’ Like he was a welcome but unexpected guest.. 😂

Congratulations to your whole family. 💕

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Janet - Beautiful new great grandson. What a heartwarming post by your grandson.

Barbara - Phone calls at the nursing home. I have emailed them to ask if it's possible for me to call her. I have already checked into cell phones and there isn't a way to block outgoing calls. I don't know if she could actually use one anyway. I love Leslie Sansone walks, they have saved me with the crappy weather of late. Last night was the first time in 3 weeks it was nice enough to get outside for a walk!

Machka - I do the same with my calorie counts both exercise burned and calories consumed. I am the same way with being able to relax when I have a lot going on. Hopefully things settle for you soon so you can relax even for half an hour.

Kelly - I had to chuckle at your comment about "sick or dead". That's one of those "careful what you wish for" moments.

I was so excited to get outside for a walk last night. I was fearing that we weren't going to get a Fall at all. It was -8 when I woke yesterday morning and +8 when I got out for a walk last night at 730! It was so nice, a little creepy walking around in the dark though. LOL

Managed to get some crafting done yesterday, still have a lot more to get done before next Friday. Hubby needs to step up his game, I am fearful I won't have enough stock for a 3 day event.

Tracey in a SUNNY, warm Edmonton
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carol, thank you for the link. <3

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Many, many congratulations on your GGS. How wonderful! <3 He looks adorable! I wonder if I will ever get to see a great grandchild. Most likely not. But you never know.

Well, I have had a very busy and anxious day, after my post about hating to be busy. I can do busy, just not for long. >:)
    My DH said it was best to do nothing. I disagreed. ;):*
    First I emailed the removal company as to whether the date was still available. NO. :noway: It had gone.
    OK, they suggested one the following week.
    I emailed our solicitors, the seller's agent and our agent.
    Solicitor got the message. Said she'd get back to me.
    Our agent said he would do his best. Turned out he got an agreement, but was still working on the original date! I was NOT pleased. Told him what's what. >:)
    Seller's agent came back to say our sellers and their sellers have agreed our new date. So now it's just our buyer who has to get on board. Their mortgage offer is there in fax, but the solicitors have to have a physical copy for exchange. Exchange happens before completion .
    I emailed our removal company asking them to keep the date open for another day as we are nearly all agreed. Hope they can.
    We have to have a two day slot so the removal company can pack up most of our 6 bed house the day before.
    Here's hoping.
    I decided that at this stage I do this kind of pushing and coordination better than DH. I was very stressed, but I would be worse stressed if I left it to him. It's like juggling.

Barbara - Good start! One little success breeds another. :D

KJ - Hope you feel MUCH better soon. <3 I will accept the compliment you gave me. :D:p I am very much a work in progress, but at least I feel I am progressing. Never to old to change.

Machka - Have you read 10% Happier, and Meditation for Fidgety Sceptics. One thing that has helped me when I find I am just running through anxious thoughts and feel I can't let go is to use Dan Harris's question. "Is this helping? " The answer is nearly always a resounding NO. I find it helps to make a list and have it in black and white so I am reassured I won't forget anything. I write down what I need to do tomorrow before I go to sleep. Then I say, "Worry isn't helping" and I practice the breathing techniques he recommends. They are really, really simple and even one minute helps. I do several one or two minute sessions a day and always when I can't sleep. It doesn't matter if it doesn't work, but I have got better at it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx