WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I am home from work...and it was a busy day but it makes it go buy quick....
    Today DFIL was having none of it ...out like a light,I got about 10 spoonfuls of oatmeal in and called it a day...he will have good and bad days at this stage...such is life...
    Little Mr Alfie is sniffing around for more treats...I don't give in though ...lol
    Going to read more of decluttering book and work on Suze Ormans book too..not in the mood for tv.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    L
  • suite_lady
    suite_lady Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym after our rock festival weekend. I took yesterday off to rest. Today I did 50 minutes Elliptical followed by 40 minutes of arms/shoulder training. Tomorrow I'll have to opt for another DVD session as we have an appointment to purchase a car early afternoon. I despise doing this. I owned my first SUV for 12 years, the second for 14 years, it's that time again *sigh*. Excited, then again not. Know what I mean? Exercise helps keep me in a good mood. Going to need a lot of it! LOL

SL
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Dana, I’m so sorry about your daughter’s house and her job situation, the amount of damage is just awful, South Georgia is pretty bad, too, around Lenora’s neck of the woods. I hope she checks in soon. My cousin’s house in Port St Joe is also uninhabitable. Another cousin hooked her family up with a camper so that they aren’t completely homeless.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did the Slim in 6 DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Denise called yesterday while I was at mahjongg. Seems she “has something for us” and wants to Skype today. Since Vince has to go to the eye doctor, we told her anytime between 1 and 4. Vince thinks it’s to tell us she’s pg. In a way I hope not. They need to get more financially set first. But then again, this is probably what Maria wants. Well, we shall see what this “something” is. When they called the other day, Pete talked about how they were looking at townhomes and there was one that he could get qualified for. I’m thinking that Dave (the father) is sick of them and the dog living there and so they’re probably giving Denise and Pete money towards this townhome. Now, Denise hasn’t mentioned anything at all about it.

For some reason, I just could not sleep last night. I guess I finally fell asleep around 4, but then was up at 6 to exercise

M – good for you getting “me” time!!!!

Newcomers: Sandi just emailed Adra, Greg and myself saying that she can’t be webmaster. Now previously Greg indicated that he wanted to phase out because he had other commitments. If that’s the case, Adra really doesn’t have the knowledge to be webmaster and I know I don’t. If Greg is going to be webmaster, I’m out of membership. I was planning to be out but after talking to Sandi decided to stay on for her, she’s a really nice person. But I was WAY too hurt before so if Greg is going to do it, I’m out. I think he told Adra that if someone updates the website it will automatically update the mail list. The two are independent. It could probably be done with a lot of custom coding, which Greg doesn’t have the knowledge to do. He had this “wonderful” idea that members would input their own information. He felt that we shouldn’t have to do it. In a perfect world that’s the case. But I’ve been doing this too long and know that a lot of members won’t do it. Besides, we ask for information on the application that they fill out and then we ask them to input the exact same information? Not going to happen. So we shall see what happens…

Rori – maybe you’re right. Denise and Pete are looking forward to us coming up there. Perhaps I should just be the bigger person.

Yup, we talked to Denise and Pete. She is pg. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I guess I wish they had waited until at least they had a house. I just can’t believe that after being together for 13 years, she didn’t get pg. But less than a year after they are married and living with his parents, she gets pg. I have a feeling they were trying. It’s hard knowing that Bryan knew even before us, so did Maria, she’ll get to see Denise all the time as her belly is growing – I won’t. She’s due around May 11 or 12. My MIL’s birthday was May 10. As a middle name for if it is a girl they’re going to use MIL’s name and FIL’s for the middle name if it’s a boy. I guess I just need to process this all.

Went to Rummikub tonight.

Michele in NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh Michele so happy you are going to be a grandma. You will be a wonderful grand parent.
    Still raining and river still rising. Didn’t feel well enough to go to Y with DH. Maybe tomorrow.
    SueBDew in TX
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA wrote "Sue I hope you feel better soon. Your backyard - is big and amazing! and...I do hope you get some grandbabies someday soon. I never thought I would have any, but I do! They are my heart."

Sue was talking about great-grandchildren. She does have grands. :). I

Janetr OKC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Michele!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Karen in VA wrote "Sue I hope you feel better soon. Your backyard - is big and amazing! and...I do hope you get some grandbabies someday soon. I never thought I would have any, but I do! They are my heart."

Sue was talking about great-grandchildren. She does have grands. :). I

Janetr OKC

Oh! I see! :) Thanks for straightening that out, Janetr! <3

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Yup, we talked to Denise and Pete. She is pg.

Michele in NC

Congratulations!

Well that solves your dilemma about going there at Thanksgiving ... you'll want to go now to see how she's doing! :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I’m still around and watching what I eat.
    My daughter was in Hurricane Michael and it was terrifying for her and the kids. Her house is uninhabitable, no utilities and no job. She’s staying in Destin with friends and enrolled the kids in school there. She’s just getting thru applications with FEMA and the insurance company.

Pray for them!

Dana In Arkansas

So sorry!

I hope the insurance side of things comes through really quickly.

M in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Janetr Those are seriously adorable pictures of you in that fascinator & with your granddaughter! I had to chuckle that the great-grandmas stick together, LOLOLOL!!! So who are all the great-grandmas on this thread, anyway? Inquiring minds want to know!

Old picture of me in a fascinator I made for Halloween one year (also notice the skull earrings):
    tgf7et3ipyhj.jpg

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lisa. Happy, stress free moving day.

Happy it is Wednesday! I love my teaching day on Wednesday! Silly but true ;)

Autumn is a happy season for me, I am taking care of myself and my DH. And it makes me feel very fortunate.

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,
    I am up and dressed... its chilly and only getting chillier ,we havent really gotten any fall weather...warm to cold....
    watching Joyce Meyer, and then will work on Suze Ormans course on the computer...
    this is my every morning ...and I love my every mornings...
    and all my wonderful friends, and family, I am truly blessed xoxox