WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Heather- You are a powerhouse! I wonder how long the solicitors would have wibbled and wobbled over dates and dawdled away days, if you hadn't lit a fire under them. What are they thinking during these home "chain" buying/selling deals? Seems like they would be a lot more intentional in securing everything for everyone to prevent people from dropping out! Fingers still crossed for you; but this seems to be good progress! Hove-bound Heather B) That sounds good!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    "Hove-bound Heather"!!! Yes! Our rallying cry! Good one, Kelly!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Janetr love the pictures!

Michelle congratulations!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    So humid here these days that my hair is big and floofy like a lion's mane!!

Meanwhile, it's midnight and I'm sitting here, having a hot flash and thinking ... have I done what I wanted to do this evening, and can I go to bed?

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Hooray, Heather is headed for Hove.

t3430.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Yeahhhhh Heather!!!
    Me Im getting Facebook messaged by my SIL who is reaming me a new one...I really dont need really..
    her telling me that I am the executor of my dads estate and that I need to be paying everything involved with it... no more of my brother taking money out an account to put 10 gallons of disiel fuel into my dads oil tank.... I have been paying everything.. and she has just really pushed the last straw... and has me in tears.... she is bossy and selfish and rude... and I am done.. I will speak with my brother but I have to distance myself from her for my own sake...
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Heather, so very, very exciting. It's such great news to hear everything seems to be falling in place. Soon you'll be jogging along the sea wall along with all the other healthy-minded Hove residents. I can easily picture you right at home in their midst.

So thrilled for you!

Janetr OKC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Heather--I admit I do not understand all this back and forth with the selling and buying of the house, but I would of went crazy long before now. Sending a prayer that this gets done and settled SOON!!

Michele--Congrates on being a Grandma. Don't let it get you down about Maria and what she does or doesn't. Just enjoy the time you have with them. Do not let her or anyone else rob you of the joy. Remember only God gives life and it is his timing. I think Kelly has some good advice also.

Janetr-Thanks for sharing the pictures of you and DGD, you both look so happy.

To answer the question between DH and I we have 7 children, 23 grandchildren and 4 great grandsons and other one due in Janurary. Our children grew up together as we will be married 34 years next month and they were young when we married, and we have always told them the only steps in our house are to the front door. I admit somedays are better then others.

Karen--So cute fascinator and ear rings. I have so many different ear rings for Halloween I can wear a different pair everyday of the month.

Kelly--Glad you were able to help your DS, and I agree no matter how old our children are when they hurt we hurt. Good advice for Michele.

Carol--Thanks for the update on Lenora.

Allie--I agree you need to deal only with your brother and stay away from SIL.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member

VICKI: This was very inspiring...."To answer the question between DH and I we have 7 children, 23 grandchildren and 4 great grandsons and other one due in Janurary. Our children grew up together as we will be married 34 years next month and they were young when we married, and we have always told them the only steps in our house are to the front door. I admit somedays are better then others."
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Good morning!

Thanks to you gals, I learned something = I had never heard the term "fascinator" before. Always thought the little poofs of netting and flowers/other items were cute and, well, fascinating! We have some gorgeous models in this group! ;)

Janetr - what cute photos of you and your grand daughter! And what a fun day for you BOTH!! Shopping with my grandmother and/or my mom and/or my sister and/or my girlfriends are among my favorite memories.

Carol - thanks for the scoop on Lenora and glad to hear your eating mindfully is paying off! :)

Kelly
    - you are wise beyond your years. Again, the children you care for will be better prepared for life with the lessons you are teaching them.

Allie
    - I'm so glad your dad's estate is nearly all settled. Is the house sale a done deal now? I think this process puts a lot of stress on everyone and it seems like it's never ending for all involved. I know when my sis finally signed all the papers on our parent's estate, the cloud lifted.

Michele
    - an odd thought popped into my mind... you and Maria might actually get along quite well now that the stress of the wedding and all is over. So going there for Thanksgiving might be a healing process. I didn't know my MIL before my DH and I were married and when she stopped in to visit unannounced a couple years later I really wasn't sure about her. She and DH didn't get along. But as time passed, I became fond of her. It was a long-distance relationship since she lived on the other side of the country, which might have been a good thing. She passed from dementia several years ago and I'm glad I got to know her what little bit I did.

Heather - woo hoo!

Machka
    - (((HUGS))) I often think of you and the challenges you face in dealing with your husband's recovery. On the bright side, he has progressed a lot since the accident. You have a LOT on your plate - keeping busy can be therapy tho, a chance to focus on something else.

That's the quick version. Have a great day, ladies!

Lanette
    Sunny and warmish SW WA State

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Lisa - Smart way to move, I hope that it is all smooth and no hiccups!

Heather - I am so excited for you! Finally! Just get a date and you'll be on your way!

Kelly - My heart hurts for your son, I have a daughter with anxiety and depression, I wish I could do more for her than just hold her. It's tough watching your children suffer.

Allie - Wow, your SIL has some nerve! I don't think there is anything about being an executor that says you have to pay for everything. Your brother needs to speak to her.

Rye - I think your sister is very insightful. My SIL has cerebral palsy, she has told me stories about how her Mother told her things she would never be able to do, but never really tried to encourage her to try things. My SIL, is a remarkable woman who doesn't let anything stop her. She got her drivers licence at age 30 or so, it took a while to do it, but my Dad and brother worked with her and taught her well. I was so happy for her the day she got it!

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Heather - Congratulations on finally seeing a light at the end on this very long tunnel <3

Janetr & Karen- love the hats!

Michele- the same thing happened to my DH with names. I think your daughter feels pressure from DH and in laws. Kelly gave very good advice. Go to Thanksgiving and spend as much time as possible with your new family. Life happens and you will always be mom...

<3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Amazed I slept! But I did and was only awake reading in the night for half an hour. :D Woke up to DH's birthday. <3<3<3
    We are going to have tonight's starter for lunch, scallops and chorizo. That will spread out the calories a bit.

Heard from our agents today that the buyer's solicitors are going to tell them that our completion date is the one.
    I have emailed our solicitors to tell them that. Hope exchange happens today and I can book the removal. I will need to send them 10% deposit, which is why I haven't been able to confirm. I have been quite stressed waiting to hear this morning, but I'm calmer right now. I still did my exercises. Found the push ups a great way to use up spare adrenaline. :o
    Just have to let the lawyers do their stuff now.

Thank you my friends for bearing with me through all this. <3 I feel I have been very boring, but it has helped me to get it out there.

LOVING the fascinators and the beautiful women under them! :bigsmile:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

I hope this finally happens for you! What an ordeal. What do people do when they absolutely have to move because of a job? This has been nearly nightmarish for me to think about.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon