• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    RYE Darn it. I will be looking forward to your return. Take care. I treasure the picture of Farley.

Kelly We make yogurt in the Instant Pot. It's practically foolproof, and you can make a gallon at a time if you want to.

Lisa Girl, you need to be the CEO.

Carol I sent a message a week ago to get the GoFundMe info about Dana's daughter. I haven't seen you posting lately and haven't received a reply to my message, so now I'm wondering if you are ok? <3

I felt a little bit sorry for myself after a main course of 'difficulty with home-schooled grandson' followed by a dessert of 'demanding work shift'. I was reminded of why I want to retire soon.

I'm over it now. It's a new day!

I'm jealous of the SC person who won the lottery, darn it...I could have done so much good stuff with that money...I hope it was one of you gals or DJ...

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~ woke up at 12:30 in the morning and didnt get back to sleep until after 2:30 am and Alfie woke me up at 5:30 , so I am up and will take the boys for a walk in afew minutes, and then go feed my DFIL.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA: I am jealous of the lottery winner, too. DH & I each bought two tickets. I could have done some nice things for my family with that money. :ohwell:

I just had to restart my computer because my word program wouldn’t work. The restart seems to have solved the problem. Yay! Unfortunately, I lost my “brilliant” comments.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Keytone Karen - Check your messages for Dana's Facebook page. I did not get your message.
  • grandmallie
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ok well there's a shocker... went to pick up my colonoscopy prep... and they wanted 100.00 wow... how do they expect people to get routine things done when the prep is so expensive.. called the Drs office and they will call me back and see if there is a cheaper version..
    oh and I came back to find that Alfie had pooped in his crate... not pretty sorry for TMI
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Just been out with my other yoga friend for a trip to a nearby picturesque village that I have never visited all the time I've lived here!!! Driven past it and thought, "Oh that looks nice!" but never actually stopped. Today I wandered round the funny, old fashioned shops with her and had an overpriced sandwich for lunch. Only ate half the bread, left the chips. But we sat in the warm sun and chatted. Nice. I hope she will come and see me in Hove. She is the one who dropped a knife on her toe. She still has a limp. :(
    So, came back from that and stripped the bedclothes in the annexe. Threw out piles of video tapes. :o:o:o:o:o:o Then I hung up the laundry. Then I found an old great big torch and decided that might be handy to take with us for looking in eaves, so I spent some time chiselling off the corrosion from the dead batteries. I got it to work in the end. My supply of batteries is now depleted, so I've ordered more from Amazon. :D
    Still, haven't tackled the wardrobe in my study. I'm scared of it. It's the one with all the huge boxes of photos and weird shoes, scarves and hats. Tomorrow - I promise you all.
    Rang my cancer friend, who doesn't sound good, but cheered up a bit as we chatted. Her friend was about to arrive to give her a relexology session. :D<3

So, now I'm relaxing. Phew!

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Done!!

I've finished my last assignments and have submitted them ... one at about 11:45 pm, 15 minutes before the deadline and one just after midnight, almost 24 hours before the deadline. Deadlines here are 11:59 pm.

Finishing this course coincides with the Royal Hobart Show long weekend, so I am actually taking a few days off!!

It helps that we're back into long weekend season again. In Canada, there are long weekends every month, or just about every month. But here in Australia, they pack the long weekends into late-October to mid-June and there's nothing for 4 months in the winter. Makes for a very long winter. In the past, we've tried to travel somewhere warm in the winter to break it up.

Although I will likely still be busy, I do plan to take some time to relax a little bit. :)

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Rita glad to hear from you. No "me time" ? Too busy camp hosting?
    Tracey I am a firm believer in sweet talking electronics... then if they persist in their stubbornness, they get pip's boot!
    Kelly that placement officer needs a new career, not suited to his/her task. No matter what your DH's restrictions there is someone out there who needs what he CAN do.
    NYKaren thanks for https://www.humoroushomemaking.com/homemade-yogurt really enjoyed her style. After you strain it, how much yoghurt do you get from a half gallon of milk?
    Katla thanks for the daylight temp lights, D3 and do something fun reminders. You inspired me to find out how much riding lessons would cost ;)
    Lisa understand about overthinking possibilities, do it all the time. Better for us to "intend" the favorable outcome we want, so for you I'm intending a delightful surprise from your CEO :)
    Michele, What a BOGO deal! Definitely does NOT apply at the Freddie's here.
    Sharon you are right, the giant artichoke is in Castroville and Garlic Festival (garlic ice cream?) in Gilroy. Guess I've been away toooo long... ;{
    Heather good on you for seizing the day and visiting the village. Regret not visiting many places in Idaho before we left.
    Machka enjoy your well earned days off.

Last night while checking step progress during line dance class, I saw that Joe had called. Missed the "vibe". Called him back right away as he really does not like to use the phone. Tumble had gotten UP onto the dining room table and raided the Halloween candy. Fortunately only 5 snack sized in the dish. On call vet recommended 2 tsp of hydrogen peroxide to get her to bring it all up, repeat after 5 mins if unsuccessful. Nothing. Then vet said offer food and try 3 tsp of peroxide. Still nothing. Vet felt that since the chocolate was thin coating it was not a dangerous dose for her 25 lb weight. Cautioned she'll probably have the runs. If she got irritable or her heart started to race we should run her in. Fortunately she was yawning throughout and slept well through the night. Waiting for the other "shoe" to drop.

That's my story of why I missed my step goal yesterday and I'm stickin' to it.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 18/23, rx/vits 13.5/23, meditate 11/23, walk one more step 19/23, knee exercises 11/23, core 3/12, walk Tumble 2/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0/0, AF 15/23.
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Sitting here at a boat launch near my work just having quiet time...getting chilly and windy and there are still a few of the large water craft in the water ,I am a cancerian we love water...my dream home would be on the water somewhere.but happy to have a condo all my own..
    I have learned alot over the last year ..I have learned I dont need someone to make me be whole.I enjoy being on my own..Alfie is a wonderful companion..I have some awesome friends..
    And it is ok to get over hurt and resentment and forgive for the truth will set you free.xoxox.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Hope all news is good news with the CEO

Michele - BOGO sales, I wish we could get 1/2 off here, I have never heard such a thing!

Trucker - I had the best Grandfather in the world. He was very old fashioned in some ways, but believed that I could and should do anything that the boys could do. We lived right next door to him and my brother and I were his only grandchildren, needless to say we were spoiled rotten. He bought us the newest gadgets as gifts and his and my grandmother were very careful to put who bought what for us on tags. After she passed and I have read through her diaries she made notes about gifts Grampie bought, gifts she bought and those that she went together on. He bought me Lego's, erector sets, I had the first tape recorder of all of my friends. When I was learning to drive he taught me how to check my oil, belts, tires, etc. It was funny though, I was never allowed to mow the lawn because that was men's work. I was so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. I sure made a lot of cardboard box houses for my Barbie's though. Facecloths were bedspreads, wrapping paper was wall paper. Sweet sweet memories. Thanks for that trip down memory lane.

Machka - We get a lot of long weekends in Canada but I sure wish we had 12, one a month. Here in Alberta we have 9 now, we don't have one in March or April depending on when Easter is. June we don't have one and August is not recognized by a lot of businesses. One of the refineries here have one every month they have one that they call 12th day it is in June just so they have a stat.

Barbara - Hope your dog is OK and doesn't make too much of a mess from the chocolate.

My husband took the day off work today to woodburn the ornaments as I am very frustrated we are so far behind. I told him this wasn't necessary, but that I appreciated it. He then tells me that he told his boss that he was at the hospital with me! I hate these lies, I always feel they will come true. I told him my feelings on this and he told me to be careful and don't let anything happen to myself! I am now avoiding facebook today as one of his co-workers is a friend of mine on there.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive! I don't think they would have even questioned him, he has been there for 2 years and not missed a day of work yet except for one approved day off with notice.

Oh well, it's done now.
    Tracey in another sunny day in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    "Sitting here at a boat launch near my work just having quiet time...getting chilly and windy and there are still a few of the large water craft in the water ,I am a cancerian we love water...my dream home would be on the water somewhere.but happy to have a condo all my own..
    I have learned alot over the last year ..I have learned I dont need someone to make me be whole.I enjoy being on my own..Alfie is a wonderful companion..I have some awesome friends..
    And it is ok to get over hurt and resentment and forgive for the truth will set you free.xoxox."

Allie: You are an amazing and generous woman. I am in awe of your ability to forgive and move onward. :heart: :star::heart:

Katla in misty NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Barbara funny, I never really measured how much yogurt I get from 1/2 gallon of milk! My guess is about 7 cups? At least I get 7 servings give or take from a batch. Now I'll be sure to notice how much exactly next time I make yogurt.

Beautiful fall day here, stopping to enjoy the colors and fresh air today.

NYKAREN
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Just found out that DGS has qualified for State Cross Country. He is the one who had extensive surgery in May. He has worked so hard to get back in shape and we are so proud of him.The meet is in Waco on Monday so I had to change my hair appointment. We are leaving Tuesday for DisneyWorld so lots of preparations to make.
    Rye- Best wishes, we will miss you. Take care of you.
    Michele- I liked that you called us a club. That’s what we are, a friends club.
    We had 8 straight days of rain and received over 12 inches. Guess what it is raining again.
    Better get on my “to do” list.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Lisa--I agree you are over thinking, but at the sametime I understand how hard that is to not do. Sending prayers and hugs that it all works out.

Pip--Hope you like your new washer. We replaced ours last month and I was concerned as no adutor, but seems to work good.

Allie--That is terrible. The last 2 colonoscopy I had they just had me get a small bottle of murlix and mix with gatoraide. Sorry about the spelling my mind is worse then normal today. Also take 4 dulax tabs first.

Barbara--Sure glad Tumble is ok.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Sorted out my dry goods cabinet this afternoon. Loads of out of date flour etc. I'm talking 2014. If I were here I would use it, but I don't want to take it with me. Better to start afresh. :D Going to do tins, bottles tomorrow.
    Big bags to go to the dump.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    xcov1xq66r7q.jpeg