WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Good evening Ladies -

I spent last weekend in KS with my Mom and her husband. A cousin came down from Seattle to visit with Mom and an Aunt, Uncle and cousins that live there so we had a good time. Now I am waiting on a different cousin and his family to get here for the next 5 days. They leave Sunday morning and my best friend arrives Sunday afternoon. My hub comes in on Thursday, hers on Friday and two friends on Saturday for our neighborhood Halloween Party. I'm tired and it hasn't even started yet!

Lisa - Good job pacing yourself for the move!

Heather - Grrrr. I hope things finally get settled for you tomorrow. How very frustrating it must be!

Hugs to those that need them, prayers for those in need, congrats to those with victories!

Okie in the rainy wet TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Felicia - Where were you? Can't place it. :D
    Glad you enjoyed yourself. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Felicia - Where were you? Can't place it. :D
    Glad you enjoyed yourself. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Battle! I wanted to do a 1066 tour -- on our own, not a guided tour -- and hubby had one day off. So we rented a car (!!!) and drove down to Battle and toured the abbey and battlefield, then drove on to Hastings, toured the castle ruins, walked down to the coast (do you all call it that?), where he had an ice cream cone with a flake bar.Old town Hastings was beautiful.

jua404wphwtf.jpg

I kind of also wanted to go to Pevensey, but the day was getting long, we were still a little jet-lagged, and I didn't want to drive back up to London in the dark.

It was a lovely day. And I found the people in England so gracious, even if they did make me question whether I actually do speak English! Lol

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,043 Member
    Felicia good to see you. Love the pictures of Hastings!

I also love all the dog cat pictures!

:heart: Margaret
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Fingers and toes crossed for you Heather

life and all its joy is too short, I say embrace them both and let go of all the rest. Kelly you are a wise woman <3

NYKAREN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Heather- Sorry! I'm sure everything is going to work out great for you!

<3
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    I find such courage, comardarie and inspiration in this thread. Thank you all for sharing your wisdom, wit and insights. Big hugs. Last rose if the season in my backyard...

57yr/ 5'6" Start 7/1 @ 187
    10/17 177.4

Goals - get ready for the holidays,
    Stay healthy, declutter some more, bake cookies - eat a few and share the rest with co-workers. Each day practice a random act of kindness. Oh and lose 5lbs.

Finally back to work and finally back to full dosage on my thyroid medication. Feeling much better overall despite a nasty cold. Note to self - don't clean gutters in the rain.

Be kind, make better choices and stay present ~ jazzypdx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,679 Member
    oh well i am home.just not good day all around,,,,
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Went to the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love’s Extremely Ripped 1000 DVD

Janetr – Of course you’re forgiven! Looks like you gals had a great time!

Thank you everyone for your congratulations. Honestly, I really don’t know how I feel. Part of me is happy, but part is sad. I do wish they had waited

Lisa – good luck moving. Take care of your knee! I know you can’t wait to get in that house

KJ – Oh, how I hope I do a 180 with regards to the pregnancy! Thank you so much for your wise words. Being there, you DO understand

Jess called last night. One thing she did say was that Ross has a financial planner – someone who helps students with their loans. The planner was dumbfounded that she didn’t have any undergraduate debt. Again, Jess thanked us for her education.

Made chocolate bran muffins, now am making pumpkin loaves, also making rice to portion out and put in the freezer for another time. Got breakfast ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow’s breakfast? Breakfast of champions – riced cauliflower, rice, blueberries and applesauce. Yes, sometimes my breakfasts can be really interesting.

Carol in GA – thanks for the update about Lenora. I was starting to get worried about her. If you’re talking to her again, give her my best.

Lanette – I do hope Maria and I get along better now. That’s an interesting thought. Thank you everyone for your wonderful insight to this entire situation. It really does help a lot to discuss things that someone else has experienced. You have such great insight. I love you all. One thing I do have to say that made me feel good was when Denise told us she was pg, she told me that she wanted me to stay there for about 2 weeks after the baby is born. She wanted ME, so that made me feel somewhat good.

Heather – how are you not pulling your hair out by now????

Ordered a “gift” for Denise and Pete for their anniversary. I guess in retrospect it is a good thing that you can’t ship wine to DE because that’s what we were going to send them. Instead, we’re going to send them this placque-type-thing that has the events that occurred on their wedding day.

The other day at Aldi I bought these chicken breasts. Now I’m baking them, then I’ll put them in the freezer and after they are frozen I’ll put them in the freezer to have another day in my salad. Who knows? Maybe I should add some to my breakfast tomorrow. I just don’t know how garlic and herb will mix with applesauce. Update: There was a small piece so I'll take that with me to the Green Room tomorrow. Maybe I'll have it. And if not, I'll have it when I get home.

Felicia – welcome back

Ceramics tonight. I’m going to take the dumbo bisq with me because I have a feeling that painting the rest of the parrot will go pretty quickly. Update: only have a bit more to do, then touchup, then Michele (who works there) will do part around the eyes, clear coat the eyes (so they're white), then fired.

Looking at the picture of the gutter that wasn’t cleaned (lol), I have a question for anyone. Do you clean under the gutters, like where mold builds. If so, how do you clean it?

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,508 Member
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Hi Gals,

Janetr – wow your daughter is a hero!

Rebecca – glad you heard from your son, and explained he needed to make a call every so often.

Lanette – I too did not know the word for those little hats… that honestly I thought were for dolls… I have never seen them on a person before…

Michele – Congrats

Heather – Hang in there!

Allie - is that woman on meds - and doesn't always take them? Please take care of you. As the executor you could push them aside and hire someone to dump everything and clean the house out....

It’s calmed down a bit, which is nice. I’m actually getting my house cleaned.

Thinking of all of you.

Smiles

Kim from N. California