Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    Ppp
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr Matthew Grayson!!! <3:)<3:) How adorable!

I worked yesterday & today. After work today, my partner & I went to First Man. I turned 15 years old in July 1969, when Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins were on their way to the moon. They launched on July 16th, landing on the moon on July 20th. The movie was powerful and moving. I cried. Ryan Gosling and Claire Foy were wonderful. Sigh!

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Did Caribbean Pilates Plus Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hooping, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Made a pork Roast for later along with mashed potatoes for Vince

Chilly today. We’ll cut some of the grass now that Vince fixed the tractor.

Lacatagirl – I seem to be having a bit of a problem too. I’m estimating that my exercise is burning more calories than it really is. Gotta get more honest in my logging

Portioned out figs and kidney beans to have later in the week

Janetr – very big congrats

Sharon – I’m not a fan of giving up sugar totally. But I do limit how much I have. Or at least I try to <snicker>

I add frozen fruit to my plain yogurt. As the fruit defrosts, it makes a sort of “juice”

Karen in VA – in First Man, did they include when the guys raised the American flag? I thought I read that they cut that part out, but it’s such a part of history that I wonder if they in fact did.

Denise asked Maria if we could come up there for Thanksgiving and Maria said that that sounded good. Vince doesn't seem to have a problem with it. But I do. I don't feel like I'm really wanted. She never once asked me to stay with her all the times I went up for Denise's wedding. It wasn't she who wanted to ask me, but Denise. I told Vince that I'd feel very very uncomfortable since I feel that I'm not really wanted. I will invite them here for Christmas, but I doubt they'll accept since her husband had diverticulitis and has a colonoscopy so he probably feels like he doesn't want to go somewhere with the bag, which I can understand. But who knows? Maybe it'll be reversed before Christmas.

Christmas Eve is real big for me but this year Jess has decided to go to Iowa to be with Colby's family and Denise wants to stay up there. And I'm sad.....

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    It was interesting at the Chinese restaurant because my son ordered the really spicy chicken and I ordered just teriyaki chicken. My plate was a whole pile of chicken pieces with the broccoli, while his was a lot of other stuff with his chicken. He was picking out and piling the parts he wasn't too keen on eating. I might cut all my chicken up and make fried rice for him tomorrow.

Finally finished the last of the oatmeal cookies I made 2 weeks ago. I ate 2 for breakfast, dipping them in my yogurt! Yum!

Tonight I ate my husbands potato skin. Bwahaha! That sounds odd. But I cut up his baked potato and doctor it up with veggieds, sauteed in the pan I sauteed his steak in. Yumm!
    Hugs!
    Rebecca 💗
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    JanetR - congrats! he's gorgeous...

Lisa in AR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

I worked yesterday & today. After work today, my partner & I went to First Man. I turned 15 years old in July 1969, when Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins were on their way to the moon. They launched on July 16th, landing on the moon on July 20th. The movie was powerful and moving. I cried. Ryan Gosling and Claire Foy were wonderful. Sigh!

Karen in Virginia

Karen in Virginia

Karen in Virginia

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The moon landing on July 20 fell on my 20th birthday. Best birthday ever! I also saw a California Condor flying free over Pacific City, OR that very weekend. It has been many years since then & I’m hopeful that efforts to save Condors from extinction are continuing to improve their numbers.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    The moon landing on July 20 fell on my 20th birthday. Best birthday ever! I also saw a California Condor flying free over Pacific City, OR that very weekend. It has been many years since then & I’m hopeful that efforts to save Condors from extinction are continuing to improve their numbers.

Oh wow, Katla, my very best friend also turned 20 that day. She lives in Arkansas now!! Too funny!

Janetr OKC
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    I am up showered and feeling pretty good., in the low 30s this morning, ugh.. but havent turned the heat on yet..enjoying my tea and watching Joyce Meyer....then will walk the dogs and then feed my DFIL , i sorta like this part of the morning...and thats why i dont mind the hours I have right now, because it helps me help others
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Monday ---
    • My last day of classes for a little while. But I've still got 2 projects due next week, so I'm going to be busy!!
    • No more walking between uni and work for a while ... but today I got 4.5 km of walking in, and 3.7 km of that was wearing a heavy backpack. :astonished: I'll have to substitute it with either stair climbing or running.
    • My husband's last day of Rehab for a little while. We've got a meeting later this week with "everyone" to discuss what happens next. We don't do anything anymore without approval. :neutral:
    • And just a generally busy day. Mondays are like that. Me figuring out where I left off at work on Friday. Me answering emails from various members of my husband's medical team. Me sending emails to various members of my husband's medical team. Me arranging appointments with various members of my husband's medical team. Me sorting out what I've got to do next with my uni work. Me taking care of a quick project or two at work. Me figuring out what I've got to do with our cycling club, bills, admin stuff, other appointments, etc. etc. etc.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    As for motivation ...

oyew5o1r8fvg.png

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning all... waiting on my cell phone photos to finish uploading, figured I'd stop in quick before I get them pushed up to the blog and then begin my work day. We got soooo much done yesterday at the mountain house, but will still be moving into a construction zone. I've made my peace with that.

Excited and vaguely apprehensive about the move, but so looking forward to being there on the spot, where I can do the small things, instead of a half hour drive each way in order to accomplish anything. And, every time I get achy and a little bummed that I'm moving AGAIN, that tiny, shiny little voice in my head says, "Yes, but this is the last time. This is the forever place you've been searching for all these years..." and I grin again and push through.

Got the address officially changed with the post office yesterday. Today is all the other address changes (banking, credit cards, insurances, etc.) and then I'll check into getting the address changed on my driver's license. I may let that change wait until I come back from my next business trip - I leave on Wednesday, nine days from now for a week in El Paso and Van Horn, Texas.

Happy Monday, all...
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • mcbcec
    mcbcec Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    We will be spending some time in Vietnam in the future and I wonder if someone has travelled there. I looked up "Pho" on myfitness pal and what I saw was that some versions come in at 475 calories! That would be more than I eat at any meal when trying to be more healthy. I'm sure it varies greatly from restaurant to restaurant. I have been advised to not eat any raw vegetables nor fruit without peels, so this could be challenging for this older westerner. I have been coping with some side effects from live Typhoid vaccine and HepAandB Combo vaccines (series of 3). The HepA&B effects include sudden fatigue, and luckily reduced appetite. I've lost between 3-4 lbs this first week and that's a good start. Logging constantly. Walks only 4 days out of 7, as I tweaked my back Friday, but it's finally better today. The heat finally broke in the mid-Atlantic. Great walking weather now! Need to take advantage.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Monday! Well, I had the weekend off and guess what?! I was sick! Boo! Oddly enough, earlier in the week as I was making my to do list of what needed to get done over the weekend (it wasn't a lot, just normal stuff) I thought to myself "Ugh. The only way I am going to have time to just sit and do nothing is if I am sick or dead!" I guess I should be thankful that sick was the way I ended up spending the weekend? lol Was out for the count on Saturday, after spending all of Friday night in the bathroom. Yesterday, I woke up feeling just a little woozy, but got the grocery shopping and house cleaning done. I attempted to put together a kiddie picnic table, but ran out of strength (and got a blister on my hand) half way through. :/ I will finish that tonight while Trentin is doing his homework.
    In the meantime, it is Monday and Pajama Day at my house! Yea! THAT worked out in my favor! I woke up this morning with my alarm thinking "S**t! 5:30 comes waaaaay too early!" then I remembered that I get to wear pajamas all day and do pillowy, camp out-y, comfy things with the kids all day. That plus coffee reassures me that I will be fine today! :p

Janet <3<3 Matthew Grayson <3<3 What a doll baby! He is gorgeous! Congratulations!
    Mary- Sounds like you are headed south in a round a bout way! Safe travels! Is Shep with you?
    Lisa- So excited for you as you prepare to move into the mountain house! I know you will be working on your home while you are living there; but I really think it will be so much easier doing that. You are a force to be reckoned with!
    Pip- I have to echo what the others have said about Lenny and your Kirby! From what we know of them, two extraordinary men who have been lucky/smart enough to share your life. You have spoken of how fortunate you have been to have them both in your life; but I think Kirby's respect for Lenny's life/death speaks volumes of his respect and love for you! Hugs to you both! <3
    Barbie- Wise words from you (your soapbox) and for you (your dance class friend)! I think we all need a reminder from time to time when we are healing or overcoming an illness that we have come a long way toward good health. Reading your posts as you have been recovering is wonderful to see the strides you have made to get better!
    Heather- Your move is around the corner! I just feel it! Your dedication to yourself and your family with your daily/weekly habits is so inspirational. Every thing you do for yourself is making you a better person for your family. You live a life of dedication and intention. It seems every choice you make has a purpose. I love that!
    Karen VA- Okay, I am not throwing this in your face; but I was not quite three when men first landed on the moon. It just stunned me to read that you were fifteen (and was it Katla that was twenty?) I think of you all as friends of my own age and sit here in awe of where you are in your lives compared to mine. I still feel like the crazy, unorganized girl with a chaotic life. Trying to be in control of something, but not quite there yet. I think I needed the reminder that some of the rest of you have had a little more time to get things a little more under control. Gives me hope. I do wish I could remember that day, however.
    New girls- Welcome! So much support and advice from all of these ladies! Come often! The more the merrier!
    Rori-Thinking of you and your hubby! Sending you much love as you take each day as it comes. So happy you have a vacation time planned. Toes in the sand is a great medicine!
    Rebecca- Love the little van! I am positive driving like that would be a challenge for me! lol

Love and hugs to everyone! Kiddos will be here soon and I have to get my breakfast ready! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)