WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did part of the Slim in 6 DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Yoga Burn DVD.

M – thank you for the link. I went thru the itchy skin period. But this is different. It’s like welts. But there’s one welt on my leg, one on my hip, two on the inside of one arm. A few around my waist. But why the ones (and only one) in different locations? It’s not crawly. When I went thru the itchy skin period, there were times when I’d be so itchy and scratch myself while I was sleeping to the point that I bled. But I haven’t scratched myself until I bled this time. Read that antihistamines work so I might buy some Benadryl. It’s just strange. What a shame that you can’t wear certain clothes!

Rori – I still can’t believe I found those ankle weights. I think some people just passed them by not knowing what they were. Good for me. You know how they have those weighted “bars” that you put in them to make them heavier? Well, a few are missing. But I don’t think I’ll ever get to the point where I would need them all. WOO HOO on that bathing suit fitting!!!!!! That’s awesome!

Newcomer membership: I’m still waffling back and forth between whether I should continue to do this or not. On one hand, I can’t work with someone who doesn’t want to work with me. But on the other hand, I have the knowledge from the past and they’re in too much turmoil right now. So maybe I should just continue to do what I can and not be bothered with anything else. Like no one bothered to show me how to put someone on the new directory or how to take someone off (I was told that I don’t have the ability to do this anyway). Let them figure out that people are on the old directory who are not on the new one and why. Let them realize that non-renewing members are still on the new directory. I’ve done my job, they’re off the old directory and the mail list. But I DO NOT want to continue with hospitality. No way, no how. I’ve done it long enough, it’s time for someone else to do it. Besides, that means that the hospitality person has to be at all the general meetings. I didn’t have a problem when Vince was treasurer and had to be there anyway, but now that he’s not going to be, why should I make a commitment that I’ll be there every month?

Fried up the crab cakes for this week then made shrimp. I’m getting to like my electric fry pan more and more (do they even sell them anymore?)

Elizabeth – good luck with the personal trainer!

Heather – so very sorry about your friend

Barbie – I’m so glad you made it to the party. I know everyone enjoyed seeing you.

Helped Vince put out some Halloween decorations. I think we’re about done now, just a little tweaking that he has to do. We couldn’t get much up this year because it was so rainy and it got so cold so fast.

Rebecca – how do you make your fudge? No matter what I do, it never comes out like the fudge you buy in the store.

Michele in NC

I microwaved 8 squares of semi sweet bakers chocolate in 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, with a tsp of vanilla. It came out tasting wonderful, but never set. 😬 So I am trying the method of putting blobs of it in a chocolate cake mix. Making mini loaves. We'll see!💗
    Rebecca
    Fudge mix killer....
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather Time is flying! So glad for you to get on with your move. I will be thinking of you.

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth glad you tummy is feeling better. That community outreach your church is doing sounds like a good thing!

Just subbed in for a conductor, boy it is hard work working with kids you don’t know and don’t know you! I’m wiped out! Luckily I prepped dinner, made my red lentil soup so I am all set for a week of meals—long work week ahead with 2 evening commitments—makes for a little less gym time so no excessive snacking for me this week.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

jog- 45min, 145ahr, 162mhr, 6.5-7.5sp, 9.04min mi, 4.97mi= 513c
    Apple Watch- 554c

if I can keep that pace up for the 1/2marathon on 11/4, then I'll do it in just under 2hrs. since I haven't trained much for this, I doubt I'll do it, we'll c.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: I’m an only child and have always wanted a sister until knowing about yours. You would be a wonderful sister, but she is clearly lacking. Luckily, your oldest sister is a good source of connection and support. You also have this group of women, and might think of us all as internet sisters 50+. (((HUGS)))

Cynthia: Is this the starting line for the race? It looks like such fun! Did the fleet line up by length water line? Was it a handicapped race to account for different sizes? The photo makes me want to be there. :bigsmile:

Alison: Your DGD is a cutie!. :bigsmile: Is this the first ever gift from Tomcat? I can’t imagine a generous bone in his selfish body. I wonder if the new wife pushed him into it. (I might be a tiny bit judgmental. He hurt you and I'm not over it.) :embarrassed:

No riding lesson today because my teacher is sick. Luckily I'm not also sick, thank goodness, but I do have less energy than I’d like for riding. I think waiting a week may be a good thing for all of us.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Heather – wow – So sorry to hear about Shirley, puts our little aches and pains in perspective.

Lisa – great attitude, keeping good thoughts that the rental gets rented.

Rebecca – what a great joy having everyone together is.

Welcome all the newbies… we can overwhelm in all our chatting and some of us have been together a long time, but just read what you can, comment on what speaks to you, and before you know it you’ll be part of the gang.

Sarah – I fight the sweets battle also, and have not won – at all!- But for me I do know that logging calories pushing my first sweet to as late as possible in the day (used to be I’d have a sugary breakfast) helps me slowly want less and less. I am a moderator – I have little desire to give up anything completely; but try to have the empty calories in smaller quantity and less often. Some of us find that doesn’t work and they give up certain things completely --- the trick is to pay attention and find what works for you – things you can do for the rest of your life as this is a lifestyle change not just a diet.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Katla- no he brought me back a plaque last year that hangs in my kitchen that says nothing better than a rescue...,the dogs are his life and he knows that I take excellent care of them ..
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kim- thanks for the welcome! I think we are a lot alike. I try to hold off too. I think I obsess more about food since I started trying to lose my weight.

Sarah
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Ppp
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: I’m an only child and have always wanted a sister until knowing about yours. You would be a wonderful sister, but she is clearly lacking. Luckily, your oldest sister is a good source of connection and support. You also have this group of women, and might think of us all as internet sisters 50+. (((HUGS)))

Cynthia: Is this the starting line for the race? It looks like such fun! Did the fleet line up by length water line? Was it a handicapped race to account for different sizes? The photo makes me want to be there. :bigsmile:

Alison: Your DGD is a cutie!. :bigsmile: Is this the first ever gift from Tomcat? I can’t imagine a generous bone in his selfish body. I wonder if the new wife pushed him into it. (I might be a tiny bit judgmental. He hurt you and I'm not over it.) :embarrassed:

No riding lesson today because my teacher is sick. Luckily I'm not also sick, thank goodness, but I do have less energy than I’d like for riding. I think waiting a week may be a good thing for all of us.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Yes, I have adopted y'all already! 💗. Alcohol disease has robbed my sister of all common sense. Yes my older sister and I cling to each other for police and I know we have each other forever. I take comfort in that.
    Love the lot of you, I can say that with a song in my heart ❤!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    5qrnx2tho0ax.jpg
    They both look like great pals💗
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Highlights of my day--long walk with dogs, visit and lunch with a friend, planted bulbs, took long nap.