WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Heather))) Thinking of you & your move. I hope things go smoothly. I love the photo of the moving trucks. :heart:

Sarah: Welcome to a great group of women. Stop by often and get to know us. :flowerforyou:

Kim: I love your choice of Halloween costumes. A Scarecrow is perfect!!! :bigsmile:

Rebecca: Your Christmas rules are a bit harsh for me. 1 & 2 are great, but 3—— :noway:

Ginger: Good lluck!!! :smiley:

(((Lisa)))

Michele: I don’t ever make fudge because if I do, I’ll eat every last bite. I occasionally buy a small square and enjoy myself. Portion control is my friend. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: When we travel I order carefully. Salad with dressing “on the side’ is a great strategy for me. I can stay in control that way. :smiley:

Yoga today!!! YAY!!! I’m not sure what else we’ll put into the day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Cindy - I know all about binges! I was fine with my calories until later in the evening then I went way over! I need to get a grip on my sweet tooth. Maybe I can ask the dentist to pull it :D

Sarah
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    . Update: I made the fudge with unflavored gelatin. I used 4 pkgs to one cup of water. It looks like it’s setting up. Of course, I have to give it more time. We shall see how it holds up out of the refrigerator. I’m thinking that the chocolate will reharden, but I don’t know that for a fact. We shall see….. Update Update: it came out very rubbery, like jello. Reminded me of the time I made chocolate marshmallows. I think I’ll tell Vince they’re marshmallows because if I tell him it’s fudge, he may not eat it. It doesn’t have the “creamyness” of the fudge you get in the store. I wonder if next time I need to add heavy cream and whip the cream/chocolate or maybe just the cream.

Michele in NC

Michele -- I am far from an expert, but I can't make fudge without a candy thermometer. Are you using one and making sure you get the fudge to the correct temperature? Candy won't cool to the proper consistency if the temperature is too hot (too hard and sugary) or too low (won't set.) Just my two cents, for what it's worth, which, really, considering this is baking advice, it really isn't worth much at all! Lol

Felicia, who comes from a long line of expert home bakers/cooks, but it all kind of died with me.
    Willamette Valley Oregon

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So excited for you Heather!!💗. Moving is stressful, but I have moved so many times, I have to look at it as nothing but good. Just be flexible, soon your new routines, those ones that keep you grounded will fall into place.💗

Moving day for me has always been a bit like Christmas morning!
    💗Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    1s5sf64zoby0.jpg
    Love these!
    💗Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Pip - for good? You retiring?

Not retiring yet. The new washer won’t allow the doors to close

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Yea! #MovingDayForHeather!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Lll
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Must go find last year's tax return. DH has been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. Co-pay on chemo drug to stabilize the cancer not cure it is $3000 per month. We are applying for help with this as cannot afford it on our own. I really hate this kind of thing. Meeting with these people makes me really anxious.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Sue
    - I am so sorry to hear about your DH's liver cancer and the high cost of co-pay for the chemo, wow. Is he on Medicare?

Crossing fingers he'll qualify for assistance on this.

((((HUGS)))) <3<3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Sue - So sorry to hear about your DH. Prayers and hugs for you both.

Okie
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sue .... so very sorry to hear of your husband's health situation. Praying you can get assistance with the financial end of things, but more importantly that you get support from those around you as you go through the days and weeks ahead ... hugs.

Beth
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sue: So sorry to hear of DH's diagnosis. Hope you can find appropriate subsidy for the chemo. Will you also explore other therapeutic options? <3

Heather: Happy moving day. So excited for you. Can hardly wait to see photos of your new home and city. I agree with whoever said that reading about Shirley's condition gives new perspective to our travails.

Dana: The photos of your daughter's home are heart-breaking. I can't even imagine what it's like to live through such an upheaval of your life. ((Hugs))

All good here. I woke up with a headache probably triggered by my upstairs neighbor painting, so make DH his breakfast, then went back to sleep for an extra 2 hours. It was a bright 75 degree day today, but tomorrow is dropping to the 30's, with rain and possibly snow. We leave for Mexico on Sunday, and I am chomping at the bit to go.

Stay well friends. We can do this!

Rori
    Colorado Foothills