Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Hump day

Options

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Today is my husband and my 39th wedding anniversary. Surprising how fast the years have gone by.
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I think there should be a hump day thread.

you start
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    omg I want to buy everything from that site.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Today is my husband and my 39th wedding anniversary. Surprising how fast the years have gone by.

Happy anniversary!
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Thank you.
    @AliNouveau, I knew you would love it.

Today was Wednesday again, wasn't it? We didn't get any part of the hurricane.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    It was another Wednesday
    We're you expecting the hurricane?
    We've had a crazy unseasonably warm two days. It's odd wearing shorts as the leaves are all coloured and falling
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    If the hurricane had come north instead of swinging to the east, we would have got it. But we've been to Mexico Beach and Panama City which were destroyed. We just got rid of our hot weather - it's been in the 90s, but today and for the next week, it will be in the 70s. I'm still a Jersey girl at heart.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I saw pictures isn't it horrible those places are destroyed. How does one rebuild after such devastation?

You must miss the coloured leaves of this season. That's my favourite part and then when it get cold and the first snow flurries fall. I love when it snows the world seems so quiet.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I do miss the colored leaves. We get a little color but nothing like up North. I know what you mean about the snow. I loved it when I would go to bed and then wake up early to snow- when no one has driven out into yet. We had snow here the first 3 years I lived here and everyone blamed me.

Did you bake anything today?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Haha the snow followed you.
    I made challah yesterday.
    Today will be baguettes and I'll make subs on them. du61o79rabdi.jpg
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    That looks delicious. Home made baguettes, seriously yummy. Your pictures are so nice, you could be a food stylist - or maybe you are? I haven't had a decent sub since I left NJ. I have trouble finding all the meats down here. I went to a Jersey Mike's in Auburn - when they asked me if I wanted mayo on my sub, I could not believe it. Of course, they want to put mayo on everything down here.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I'm just a stay at home mom who likes to bake.

My husband likes grilled subs he used to get in Montreal. So every so often I'll make those. Since I've been making these awesome baguettes I figured might as well make them for subs
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    That's great. It always pays to keep Hubs happy. There is no "just" in being a stay at home Mom. You are a CEO!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Haha. Hubs works long hours so somedays it feels just like it's me and the boy but I get lots of time for fun stuff like skating and curling and baking!!!! Today's baguettes. I've figured out a trick, I spray them with water and olive oil spray then sprinkle on flour auullz1mzup5.jpg
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    They look fabulous! Do you put an ice cube in the oven or spray cold water in the oven as you put them in?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I don't. I have made them with a pan of water or spritzing the oven. If we redo the kitchen we'll get an oven with steam injectors
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Wouldn't that be a huge help! In my fantasy kitchen, I would love to have a built in pizza oven!
  • AliNouveau
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oh yes that too. I need a mansion haha. my cute little sub 0ncwqw81uqa7.jpg
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Oh Yum, that looks so good!!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hubs is on his way home he'll get a bigger one and eat it in the car in the way to curling. It's our mixed league tonight. Actually all the leagues in playing in are mixed this year