Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Hump day

Options
123457»

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Haha the snow followed you.
    I made challah yesterday.
    Today will be baguettes and I'll make subs on them. du61o79rabdi.jpg

I'm not much of a bread person, but that looks so good.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I think it is so cool that you curl. Until a couple of years ago, I had never heard of it.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Haha the snow followed you.
    I made challah yesterday.
    Today will be baguettes and I'll make subs on them. du61o79rabdi.jpg

I'm not much of a bread person, but that looks so good.

Thanks it was tasty
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I think it is so cool that you curl. Until a couple of years ago, I had never heard of it.

The club where I skate has a curling rink, it's in the name of the club actually haha. The cricket, skating and curling club. Hubs joined a team four years ago and they needed another woman so I was recruited because I had played once and did ok. I love it because it's something new to learn. In skating I tend to end up teaching. Even our classes with our super star coaches I often suggest changes to exercises that they use. So curling is new and fun to learn and it's so social. I love that aspect
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Wow, that is really cool. Were/are you a professional skater? Did you compete?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I competed at a national level growing up, taught because it's easy good money, I've competed as an adult as well. So inhave been professional now it's just for fun. But I'll partner men for some tests so I still teach a little bit. With my wonky shoulder I'm not doing as much. I gave up my synchronized skating team it's just too hard on the shoulders
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately the body tends to restrict the desire. I can see where you would still like to teach though. Such fun passing along what you know to someone for whom it is new. I wish I had athletic skill, but I'm such a spaz. you should have seen me in Zumba class.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I've decided tou can't ever stop. Haha. I skate with some 80 year old ladies. They just keep going.

And anyone can try I am so clumsy in every day life. I've a giant bruise on my leg from walking into a table but oddly on ice I'm coordinated. On the curling ice I slide around on my slider super fast. Yet walking on dry land I trip and stumble all the time
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Today, I managed to cut my thumb while I was making lunch. And I've been know to trip over a dog.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Ouch be careful. I guess we're all clumsy
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I'll often trip or lose balance but I think that comes from my back being wonky. I was told I have a nerve that gets irritates and can cause issues I don't realize. Yay for bodies haha