• jojo19812018
    jojo19812018 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m in! SW 198 8 weeks ago.
    CW 177, GW 157
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Help..... Why am I so hungry? Went over my calorie goal two days in a row and it's so smoky from the fires here that I didn't get my walk in for two days. Scale's up and I'm down. Feeling discouraged:(
  • skavanagh4
    skavanagh4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I join? Need motivation to lose these last 20 lbs!
    SW: 198
    CW:170
    GW:150
  • cheeky300
    cheeky300 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in need to lose another 24lbs would love to achieve this by Feb . Anyone got any dinner ideas fed up with chicken and fish or need some inspiration on different things to do with them ?
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Tthickens, maybe stress related? I know I eat big when stressed and that certainly sounds stressful. When I am having a very hungry day I switch to lighter calorie foods with lots of protein and fiber that I keep around specifically for those occasions. Also, This time of year I make many many mugs of tea. No sugar or milk, just hot tea. If you have amazon prime, they have lots of workout videos for being stuck indoors. We have snow and ice right now so I’ve been doing that myself. I miss the sun. :-/
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    SW 270.8
    CW 202.7
    UGW 135.4
    CGW 182.7
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Help..... Why am I so hungry? Went over my calorie goal two days in a row and it's so smoky from the fires here that I didn't get my walk in for two days. Scale's up and I'm down. Feeling discouraged:(

Could be extra stress or if your period is coming up (I can’t tell if you are a woman or man) then that can make you feel more hungry. Everyone has days they go over their calories. I’ve gone over twice this week. Unless you are eating A LOT 3500 over your maintenance to gain 1 lb) the scale going up is not actual fat gain its most likely just water weight so don’t fret about it, it will come off again.
  • gregj0509
    gregj0509 Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm new to the forum portion of MFP and I've been off and on about tracking and working out. I recently had a baby girl, she's our rainbow baby after two other tries. I've found a new sense of responsibility and strength, so I want to use this as motivation to do the things I've been putting off. I've been logging food very meticulously for the past couple days. Just yesterday I was telling my wife as she was beginning to throw away my label for a snack I had, "Wait! I need that to log my food in MFP. You can scan the bar code and it will input all the nutrition info automatically."
    I've also been cutting back on late night eating and eating unnecessarily.

Along with the food logging, I've been back on my training plan after almost a year break. It's a slightly modified version of Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred program from bodybuilding.com. It consists of mostly weights, but you're suppose to do a 1 minute cardio workout in between every rep. I'm opting to just do 1 run/jog day for 45 minutes. So far, I'm on track with the program and hurt like hell. I tried starting off with lifting the weight I did when I stopped a year ago, but it didn't work out as planned haha; Bringing it back down to a manageable weight so I don't hurt myself.

One easy thing I found to do at work was to stand for the 8 hours. I thought my feet would hurt a lot more than they do, but it's not too bad. Plus, by the end of the day you will have burned almost 1000 calories just by being upright and breathing. It's almost like a cheat code I wish I had used it many years ago.

Anyhow, I like reading everyone's posts about how they are doing and what their progress is. Even if we don't make our immediate goals, know that if you're persistent, you'll get where you're going someday. Just keep at it and good luck to everyone!
  • gregj0509
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »
    I am so inspired by all you guys pushing for hitting those goals, and some hitting them! Way to go!!

I weighed myself this morning and I was 2lb less, but I think it has more to do with not having breakfast yet, and the big #2 which occurred previously.

*sigh. The anticipation of potentially keeping that number tomorrow or the next is making it hard for me to focus hahaa.

Here I go!!

Sometimes, weighing yourself every day could back fire, as we don't always lose weight at the same rates which can draw in some not-so-motivational thoughts. Sometimes we go up a little before we go down a lot. Sometimes we stay the same for a week or two. Don't worry so much about what the scale says if it's causing you any undue stress, as long as you're on track with diet goals and fitness that align with weight loss, you'll get to your ideal weight. Weekly weigh ins should give you a better idea of what your body is doing. Hang in there!
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Beer! My weak spot. Up 1.5 lbs the next morning cause I also eat junk. Next day smarten up and eat within my calories. This morning down the 1.5 lbs but if I hadn’t had my beer night I would of been down even more. :s
  • gregj0509
    Options
    Ugh! Beer! My weak spot. Up 1.5 lbs the next morning cause I also eat junk. Next day smarten up and eat within my calories. This morning down the 1.5 lbs but if I hadn’t had my beer night I would of been down even more. :s

Hey, nice to hear about your trials and tribulations! I share that feeling with you. I like to enjoy a drink every now and then, but always dread the work I'll have to do the next day to make up for it. To make it a little easier, I try to go for lighter beers. Like you said though, your smart choices will help you make room for those times that you want to have more fun. It's important to treat yourself now and then; It honestly helps you stay on track! Try not to worry about your day to day weight, that will change pretty vigorously. Your weekly weigh in will give you a better idea about how your weight loss is going! Keep it up, it sounds like you're pretty motivated!
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    gregj0509 wrote: »
    I am so inspired by all you guys pushing for hitting those goals, and some hitting them! Way to go!!

I weighed myself this morning and I was 2lb less, but I think it has more to do with not having breakfast yet, and the big #2 which occurred previously.

*sigh. The anticipation of potentially keeping that number tomorrow or the next is making it hard for me to focus hahaa.

Here I go!!

Sometimes, weighing yourself every day could back fire, as we don't always lose weight at the same rates which can draw in some not-so-motivational thoughts. Sometimes we go up a little before we go down a lot. Sometimes we stay the same for a week or two. Don't worry so much about what the scale says if it's causing you any undue stress, as long as you're on track with diet goals and fitness that align with weight loss, you'll get to your ideal weight. Weekly weigh ins should give you a better idea of what your body is doing. Hang in there!

I agree. However, I have gotten to the point where I am weighing every day for averaging purposes....and it has become fun seeing it fluctuate (comedy helps)

.... it is probably okay since I know the trend is moving downwards, so I don't fret lack off movement too much - it usually comes off the next week.
  • gregj0509
    Options

Here I go!!

I agree. However, I have gotten to the point where I am weighing every day for averaging purposes....and it has become fun seeing it fluctuate (comedy helps)

.... it is probably okay since I know the trend is moving downwards, so I don't fret lack off movement too much - it usually comes off the next week.

A downward trend is all we can ask for! I too believe that it is healthy to have some sense of humor about all this. It's nice to crack a smile when, at times, we may feel a little less motivated. Keep it up!
  • kathryn_kidd_92
    kathryn_kidd_92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it's kind of late, but can I also join in? CW: 225
  • amberellen12
    Options

Hey, nice to hear about your trials and tribulations! I share that feeling with you. I like to enjoy a drink every now and then, but always dread the work I'll have to do the next day to make up for it. To make it a little easier, I try to go for lighter beers. Like you said though, your smart choices will help you make room for those times that you want to have more fun. It's important to treat yourself now and then; It honestly helps you stay on track! Try not to worry about your day to day weight, that will change pretty vigorously. Your weekly weigh in will give you a better idea about how your weight loss is going! Keep it up, it sounds like you're pretty motivated!

Thanks for your feed back! I am really motivated to drop a lot of this weight by summer, 5 lbs per month is my goal. I’ve got 43 to first goal of 140. Then I’ll have a good look in the mirror and see if I want to lose more. I’m 61, 5’6” so don’t want my face to look old and saggy. Plus I want to see how lose my skin is on my body before I decide if I want to lose more to go to 130-125. I’d rather keep on 10-15 lbs extra lbs and look healthy than look awful like I’m on deaths door.

There are two British cooks that are in their fifties. One is into all health foods and herbal stuff. The other I believe her name is Angelica is into gourmet cooking with good foods. The first is skinny looks old and haggard and the second has a few extra pounds and looks healthy and beautiful.

I’m aiming for the second and I want to enjoy all varieties of food in moderation.
  • gregj0509
    Options

Thanks for your feed back! I am really motivated to drop a lot of this weight by summer, 5 lbs per month is my goal. I’ve got 43 to first goal of 140. Then I’ll have a good look in the mirror and see if I want to lose more. I’m 61, 5’6” so don’t want my face to look old and saggy. Plus I want to see how lose my skin is on my body before I decide if I want to lose more to go to 130-125. I’d rather keep on 10-15 lbs extra lbs and look healthy than look awful like I’m on deaths door.

There are two British cooks that are in their fifties. One is into all health foods and herbal stuff. The other I believe her name is Angelica is into gourmet cooking with good foods. The first is skinny looks old and haggard and the second has a few extra pounds and looks healthy and beautiful.

I’m aiming for the second and I want to enjoy all varieties of food in moderation.

No kidding, you seem well versed and smart about the decisions you make. I would be so happy to know if you meet your goals someday. I think keeping some fat on is a smart thing to do. Unless you are a championship body builder, it's natural for us to have body fat. Embrace it because you're right, it makes us look healthy!

I'm 27 myself, 5'9" and at about 195 lbs. Started at 200 lbs and that was always the weight I said I would never hit. Well... I did hit it and now I'm kicking things into full gear. I just recently had a baby girl, she means the world to me and is most of the reason why I have so much drive to do this now. My goal eventually is to get to 165 or 170 lbs, have the toned muscles, but look natural. Short term, it's to get to 180 lbs.
  • amberellen12
    Options

No kidding, you seem well versed and smart about the decisions you make. I would be so happy to know if you meet your goals someday. I think keeping some fat on is a smart thing to do. Unless you are a championship body builder, it's natural for us to have body fat. Embrace it because you're right, it makes us look healthy!

I'm 27 myself, 5'9" and at about 195 lbs. Started at 200 lbs and that was always the weight I said I would never hit. Well... I did hit it and now I'm kicking things into full gear. I just recently had a baby girl, she means the world to me and is most of the reason why I have so much drive to do this now. My goal eventually is to get to 165 or 170 lbs, have the toned muscles, but look natural. Short term, it's to get to 180 lbs.[/quote]

Hey do it now when you’re young! Not only your family but your internal organs and joints will thank you!

I never had to worry about my weight till I was 45. Then a gradual increase and it’s tough now that I’ve waited this long. Plus the damage I’ve done to my body and joints with these extra pounds I’m carrying around.
  • amberellen12
    Options
    Nigella Lawson is the second chef I wrote about! Now to find the name of the first one.