Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I’ve change my calorie counting to weekly. I’m 1330 per day - 9310 a week. So if I have a higher day then I decrease what’s leaf of the week to hit my final number. It seems to be working.
    It’s a good strategy. I’ll be eating just a bit light the next few days and trying to hit my normal exercise level - that’ll give me extra calories for my holiday eating. All the pie.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I’ve change my calorie counting to weekly. I’m 1330 per day - 9310 a week. So if I have a higher day then I decrease what’s leaf of the week to hit my final number. It seems to be working.

Interesting idea. I have been doing one higher calorie day a week and the sodium of that day is making it real hard to keep losing.
  • salleewins
    Options
    LadySaton wrote: »
    Tthickens, maybe stress related? I know I eat big when stressed and that certainly sounds stressful. When I am having a very hungry day I switch to lighter calorie foods with lots of protein and fiber that I keep around specifically for those occasions. Also, This time of year I make many many mugs of tea. No sugar or milk, just hot tea. If you have amazon prime, they have lots of workout videos for being stuck indoors. We have snow and ice right now so I’ve been doing that myself. I miss the sun. :-/

I like this idea, too. Work etc. seems to stress me and I think after hearing this I will create a stress day menu. I already try to get all the requirements in early for calcium, protein etc., but maybe if I save out some calories, I can have some other protein and fiber fun foods. Any ideas on the lighter foods? Those Quest bars are high in protein and fiber, but they are about 190 or so calories--so not really light......but they are like cookies to me....and work for that.
  • salleewins
    Options
    emmerods7 wrote: »
    Just got divorced and have been recovering from abuse and trauma and am so excited to be me again!!!

Inspiring!! Go for it!! Your worst day now is better than any day in that situation. You are free and I have been for 7 or 8 years now, too!!!!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    @tthickens637--hope things are improving. Those fires have been horrific.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What I did to figure out my calorie count per day is goggle one of those calories calculators. Then I enter in all my info but when I enter in my weight I enter the weight I want to get down to. This way I’m learning what the calories and portion sizes I will have to always eat at maintenance. The weight keeps coming off.
  • amberellen12
    Options
    I also should add that I follow IF 16/8, 2 meals a day for years. I really like having to only prepare two meals a day. I eat 1st meal between 11-1 and the 2nd between 5-7. When I follow it and stay in my calories for the day the weight just falls off. Now to give up the beer! :D
  • amberellen12
    Options
    Monday weigh-in

SW. 187.4 10/22
    CW. 183.8 no change this week
    GW. 170. 2/01

My food calories are good it’s that damn beer that puts me over. Going to tackle it this week!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options

SW: 05/28/18 270.8
    CW: 11/16/18 202.7
    CGW: 02/01/19 182.7
    UGW: 135.4

11/19/18 201.8

• nicole_skalski
    nicole_skalski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I am totally in! I am starting to get back on track with logging and think this could be a very reasonable goal for me!

My starting weight is 195.
    My goal weight is 170.

I think 170 is a good maintenance weight for me (I am 6'1") because when I weighed less (150) was when I had an eating disorder and ate 500-600 calories a day. Not sustainable.

Tired of being the heaviest I've ever been! I am getting better with the food eating and logging, now I just need to pick it up with the exercise!
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I didn’t do my weekly weigh in because I was out of town but I’m sure it was still the same since I haven’t budged in a few weeks.

What’s everyone’s goals for thanksgiving? Staying at the calories you usually eat or going a little over?

Anything you’re avoiding?

I’m going to make small portions of everything so I can taste all the yummy food but not over do it with huge portions. I’ll probably say no to sweets since I love ham and turkey more.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I didn’t do my weekly weigh in because I was out of town but I’m sure it was still the same since I haven’t budged in a few weeks.

What’s everyone’s goals for thanksgiving? Staying at the calories you usually eat or going a little over?

I’m going to make small portions of everything so I can taste all the yummy food but not over do it with huge portions. I’ll probably say no to sweets since I love ham and turkey more.
    I’m just going to eat what I want for Thanksgiving so I’ll be going well over my normal calorie goals. Thanksgiving for me is a single meal of excess so it’s not going to throw me off, especially since I’m pre-banking calories by eating light and exercising. My husband, however, eats the leftovers for days after. He’s a Marine with no need to lose weight though - he burns through it quickly enough.

• gregj0509
    gregj0509 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I've learned a little about myself this past week of eating moderately, that I'm starting to feel full sooner. Which is great. I've also tried to slow down my consumption to give my brain time to realize I've just ate something lol. I think that I'll be able to keep my portions moderate during thanksgiving.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I’m not going to track at all on Thanksgiving. I’m just going to focus on having reasonable portion sizes and not going back for seconds. One day can’t undo weeks or months of hard work. I’m sure I will be over my calories but that’s fine, I will just get back to the plan on Friday.
  • Cannestra91
    Cannestra91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 20lbs by February seems fairly reasonable!
    All time highest: 187 lbs
    MFP starting: 184 lbs
    CW: 157 lbs
    February Goal: 137 lbs

Hopefully this February I'll be confident enough to rock a sexy dress for my 2 year Wedding Anniversary <3o:)
  • salleewins
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Down .2 as of Monday this week.

Thanksgiving I have planned out. I can eat what I want since it is the 2 of us this year and I planned, shopped and cooked. It will be fun and different, but in my range. I have extra days off and I have actually gone over other days. Started back to the gym as the snow is here and aside from shoveling need more exercise again. So actually Saturday I will be back to a more typical plan. I am ok with it all.
  • nwinipu
    nwinipu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to make a change for my health. Tracking for three days is my first challenge to myself.
  • rebeccaann01
    rebeccaann01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I wanted to comment on here sooner. But I reached this goal. I've actually lost 23 almost 24 pounds. On to the next! Good luck!! :)