Breaking Bad

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    good boy todd did the right thing again and spared Walt's life...and even left him with some money too.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    "Good boy Todd"???? Ok you just said that to stir the pot right? Todd is evil incarnate.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    "Good boy Todd"???? Ok you just said that to stir the pot right? Todd is evil incarnate.

naughty todd?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options

Todd's a total opportunist. He only suggested Jesse live because he needed him to teach Todd to cook. He knew Walt wouldn't cook after Hank was killed. Just because Todd comes across as dumb doesn't mean he is dumb. He's a quiet, observant psychopath.

I don't think Walt is coming back to free Jesse per se. He is coming back for some larger revenge against the Nazis, Todd and Lydia. Given the hint I read a month back about Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston reading their lines in the Pinkman house set for the last episode (apparently a tradition that they always went through their scripts together at that set), I get the feeling that Jesse is going to survive it all. Walt's going to take the ricin as an homage to classic Greek tragedies and give his death speech to Jesse a la Socrates after taking the Hemlock.

As for Walt's family, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Skylar kills herself and Marie ends up raising Holly after all. The fact that Walt is Heisenberg is going to hit the news any time now, and his family is in serious danger. Walt Jr. won't survive. Either he'll overdose at some point in the next year or the Nazis kill him.
  • Zaniejane
    Options
    I would like for Jesse to survive it all and if this happens I look forward to the events and insight behind this. I hope Flynn does too though.
  • Zaniejane
    Options
    I just watched again, and I don't think Walt will help Jesse. He had an opportunity to save Jesse after Hank was killed but he called Jesse out, didn't give a crap what the thugs would do with him, then made Jesse suffer more when he told him that he watched Jane die. He'll go back for his money only, if he does at all.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Todd's a total opportunist. He only suggested Jesse live because he needed him to teach Todd to cook. He knew Walt wouldn't cook after Hank was killed. Just because Todd comes across as dumb doesn't mean he is dumb. He's a quiet, observant psychopath.

I don't think Walt is coming back to free Jesse per se. He is coming back for some larger revenge against the Nazis, Todd and Lydia. Given the hint I read a month back about Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston reading their lines in the Pinkman house set for the last episode (apparently a tradition that they always went through their scripts together at that set), I get the feeling that Jesse is going to survive it all. Walt's going to take the ricin as an homage to classic Greek tragedies and give his death speech to Jesse a la Socrates after taking the Hemlock.

As for Walt's family, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Skylar kills herself and Marie ends up raising Holly after all. The fact that Walt is Heisenberg is going to hit the news any time now, and his family is in serious danger. Walt Jr. won't survive. Either he'll overdose at some point in the next year or the Nazis kill him.

agree with most of that...as you can see in the my first post that started this thread ive been calling for him to eat the ricin all along.

i do wonder about him coming back for revenge on the nazis, todd and lydia...that could be it but i just dont see it. lydia had nothing to do with it. the nazis were just following his orders at first(rimshot) i dont think thats enough to get him to buy the M60 and seek revenge.

like i said a page or two ago...once he finds out the blue is back he will realize that jesse was not killed and is being forced to cook. he wont be so deluded to think he can ever have a relationshihp with him again but his old feelings for jesse will return and he will go to rescue him. taking the ricin before it all goes down...and like you said he'll give one last speech to jesse.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I just watched again, and I don't think Walt will help Jesse. He had an opportunity to save Jesse after Hank was killed but he called Jesse out, didn't give a crap what the thugs would do with him, then made Jesse suffer more when he told him that he watched Jane die. He'll go back for his money only, if he does at all.

he does love his money...never saw him jump more than when he thought jesse was about to burn it....but if hes thinking it throug he has to realize the nazis have put it somewhere out of his reach.

remember the events of hte last episode are still months away in the timeline...he has to grow his hair back and see his birthday. and he will be alone.....he knows he can never have his family again...but my guess is he will start to feel guilty about jesse and regret his actions and will try to save him in the end.

going back just for the money just doesnt seem like something Gilligan would do.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    what i would love to see happen is something nobody has predicted but is still believable and incredible.

if Breaking Bad sticks the landing in these final two episodes i think it will pass The Wire/Sopranos as best show of all time.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Walt's family dies at the hands of the Nazis. All of them. That is my prediction. He comes back with the M-60 for revenge.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This show has done an unbelievable job of pulling the rug out from under me, its silly to even try to guess what is going to happen but .....

We know Walter ends up at some point in New Hampshire from previous episode (season 4). This is probably where he is relocated initially. Time passes, its when he turns 51 because he was making a 51 with his bacon in the diner.
    We also know he comes back to his house, at least 1 year later, to get the ricin with the whole world knowing he is a drug kingpin

Here is my guess, since we know Walt is coming back to the neighbor (from the seasons opening scene), there has to be a reason. My guess its to protect (avenge) his family (Nazi's threatened Jesse's Brock, they will do the same to Jesse family, who will call Saul, etc, who will get Walter ). Walter has the big gun (m60) in trunk and goes to the house to get the ricin. The ricin has to be for someone other than himself, he could shoot himself easier than going back to the house, the ricin is for a surprise killing. The M 60 is for heavy damage, more than 1 person. I think in coming back for the Nazis, it will create a plausible situation that makes for Jesse and him to have to work together.

Nobody wants Nazis to have that money something is going to happen to them, they will fight amongst themselves, and Walt will get who is left.
    This show is a tragedy (in the literary sense, like a Shakespeare tragedy, or "24"), there is not going to be happy ending for Walt. Jesse is going to get away, and live a underwhelming life.

Just a guess
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    just to clarify your timeline...walter is already 51...he turns 52 in the diner....he is somewhere around 3 to 6 months away from his 52nd birthday during last nights show.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That flashback last night was painful to watch - and not just because it took forever and I wanted to know what was going to happen to Hank (RIP ASAC Shrader). But also because it was hard to see Walt, Skyler, and especially Jesse still relatively happy compared to how they all are now. Wonderful acting on everyone's part, especially Anna Gunn. I think Skyler kind of redeemed herself a little but attacking Walt with the knife (I totally called that BTW - they lingered on the knife set a little too long in the flashback). And Walt Jr. was calm under pressure with his 911 call. I think RJ Mitte did a great job in this episode of reacting exactly how a teenager would if he heard devastating news about his parents.
    So sad about Hank though, but at least he got to die with some dignity on his own terms. And got a little barb in at Walt at the end. Great episode.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    thanks for the assist :-)
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Jesse is going to get away, and live a underwhelming life.

Just a guess

I heard a rumor there is a spinoff with Jesse "Better Call Saul" is the title?
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Jesse is going to get away, and live a underwhelming life.

Just a guess

I heard a rumor there is a spinoff with Jesse "Better Call Saul" is the title?

jesse has not been rumored to be in that spin off unless that is new news this week. and from what iive heard theres a good chance the Saul spin off will be a prequel. that would be great because we'd get to see Mike and Gus in cameos at least hopefully.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    ive been reading some stuff online. i missed this when watching last night. it appears that Todd having Jesse cook isnt known by the rest of the nazis. this is his own project. a big part of learning the cook is to impress Lydia. makes sense to me.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    y0e4UHj.gif
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    just to clarify your timeline...walter is already 51...he turns 52 in the diner....he is somewhere around 3 to 6 months away from his 52nd birthday during last nights show.

After re-watching the Crystal Blue Persuasion montage and hearing how old Holly is in last night's episode, his 52nd birthday is 3 months away (just based on how far along Skylar was in her pregnancy in the pilot episode). The writers have crammed a lot into the program since Walt turned 51.

As for the full head of hair, it's a show oversight. You can't grow it back that fast after stopping chemo. It would be about half that length.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I can't see the series ending without Walt's pride and ego inspiring him to go all Heisenberg on Jack, Kenny & Todd. Despite all the falling out with him & Jesse, I still think there's another shoe to drop there and Walt ends saves him (though it may be inadvertent as a matter of disposing of his captors).