Breaking Bad

Options

Replies

• Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    just to clarify your timeline...walter is already 51...he turns 52 in the diner....he is somewhere around 3 to 6 months away from his 52nd birthday during last nights show.

After re-watching the Crystal Blue Persuasion montage and hearing how old Holly is in last night's episode, his 52nd birthday is 3 months away (just based on how far along Skylar was in her pregnancy in the pilot episode). The writers have crammed a lot into the program since Walt turned 51.

As for the full head of hair, it's a show oversight. You can't grow it back that fast after stopping chemo. It would be about half that length.

I have always assumed that the hair is part of his disguise and he's wearing a wig. Same with the full beard and different glasses.
  • Zaniejane
    Options
    I can't see the series ending without Walt's pride and ego inspiring him to go all Heisenberg on Jack, Kenny & Todd. Despite all the falling out with him & Jesse, I still think there's another shoe to drop there and Walt ends saves him (though it may be inadvertent as a matter of disposing of his captors).

This would be a good scenario.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    last 2 eps will be 1 hour and 15 minutes each. so we are getting a little more BB than we expected. :)
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Just about to post this laces_out - make sure your DVRs are set correctly if you use one so you don't miss the end of the episodes!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I have been losing sleep thinking of all the possible outcomes....am I the only one???
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    it has not affected my sleep any. :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I have been losing sleep thinking of all the possible outcomes....am I the only one???

I'm drinking to deal with the stress of it all . . .
  • Zaniejane
    Options
    I know someone who has been having nightmares.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooooooh, can't wait!
  • Zaniejane
    Options
    I just watched again, and I don't think Walt will help Jesse. He had an opportunity to save Jesse after Hank was killed but he called Jesse out, didn't give a crap what the thugs would do with him, then made Jesse suffer more when he told him that he watched Jane die. He'll go back for his money only, if he does at all.

he does love his money...never saw him jump more than when he thought jesse was about to burn it....but if hes thinking it throug he has to realize the nazis have put it somewhere out of his reach.

remember the events of hte last episode are still months away in the timeline...he has to grow his hair back and see his birthday. and he will be alone.....he knows he can never have his family again...but my guess is he will start to feel guilty about jesse and regret his actions and will try to save him in the end.

going back just for the money just doesnt seem like something Gilligan would do.

I just read this. I agree. It is feasible that Walt could help Jesse again..and his focus on money is a good point. Walt was so hateful and focused on hurting Jesse it would just be another surprise for me to see this happen.

Almost every show, Gilligan makes me hate Walt, then does something to reveal Walt's heart. In the last show it was the conversation he had on the phone with Skye. I was actually impressed (smh at my sentimental nature) that Walt took the time to do something thoughtful and clever to protect Skye in the midst of a very bad day for Walt, a day where he was betrayed, and suffered great loss on so many levels.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I had nightmares about the show the night of the shootout cliffhanger. Last week, I had dreams about it but not as much. But I'm pregnant and that tends to cause crazy dreams so maybe it's just me...

Next weekend is homecoming for my college, about three hours away. We are going like we do every year but we're going to have to make sure we make it home in time! We have the DVR set just in case!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    so Jesse basically got Andrea killed. did he think the Nazis were bluffing?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we're nearly at the end. What a series, though.

*********spoiler alert**********

I wasn't even sad when Brocks mom bit the dust.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    I'm surprised that Walt's family is still alive at this point.

So Walt is going back to kill the Nazis and poison Gretchen and Eliot?
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

yep. didnt think he'd wind up hating anyone more than the nazis.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Hey, at least we know what the poison was for. It was seriously bugging me before tonight because we knew he wouldn't be using it for the Nazis.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    the more i think about it though we only have an hour and 15 minutes left. how much are they going to devote to poisoning gretchen and eliot? hed have to break in and put it in their food? if hes going to all that trouble wouldnt it be more satisfying just to shoot them?

im starting to think it will be what i predicited in post one....he'll use it himself. but who knows right? i hope its none of the above.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    He's ambitious but he won't be able to get to Gretchen and Eliot.

His family dies. Walt goes in gun battle with the Nazis.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Hey, at least we know what the poison was for. It was seriously bugging me before tonight because we knew he wouldn't be using it for the Nazis.

Funny I was just arguing this with my husband. He thinks the same as you both. I disagreed, I thought it was more symbolic of how he felt like he was the failure in Grey matter, and it served to remind him that he had something to prove. I just don't see them wasting the last epi on those two schmoes.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    best ending would be after the dust settles...Walt dead....Jesse dead...nazis dead....except for Todd. he and Lydia retire to a tropical island and live happily ever after.

The End.