• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad as a Romantic Comedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrRPohom3I
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Laces Out, I love those carefully crafted theories!!! I hadn't noticed that Walt cut crusts off after he killed that guy, and I didn't notice that he used Skye's maiden name in that (fleeing the country???/ going on a trip to Mexico to attend to business???) scene! I don't believe it, but it's a good one!

Beach, I think Mike kept his mouth shut time and time again. I believe that he understood Walt like no one else and desperately wanted Jesse to see what he saw. Mike knew Walt's weaknesses like no one else, and he knew Walt was capable of losing his cool ( like he when he killed Mike) . I loved it when Mike told Walt off shortly before he was killed, it was so perfect and true:)

Mike's severe underestimation of Walt, combined with his open hostility, is what killed Mike. He was too smart for that but couldn't get over the fact that Fring was gone and gone because Walt killed him. Mike was my favorite character in a lot of ways, but bada bing. :bigsmile:

Okay, sorry for that last one, I just really like this show! :blushing: I'm usually the last one to get this into TV characters.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    T-1:20 and counting . . .

No. That wasn't a "bump" . . .
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i wonder what the opening scene will be. i doubt they'll pick up where they left off. maybe a partial shot of the final scene of the series. some kind of misdirection maybe?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    39 minutes left.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    lets-get-ready-to-rumble-o.gif
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    15 minutes! Squeeeee:)

I wonder if I'll have a better idea what Hank's next move will be in an hour. I have a feeling I won't. :frown:
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    dont think i could have asked for more. i love the we got to the confrontation in the first episode.

if i was walt i wouldnt have confronted Hank. i would have used Saul's "vacuum sales" guy.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Walt threatening the BIL right at the end. Hummm . . . that can't go well.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Okay, loved the opening scene, especially with the creepily written "Heisenberg" on the wall.
    Love the Star Trek babble from Badger and Skinny Pete, especially the part about the Gamma Quadrant being from Voyager (which is true, by the way).
    Loved the emotional scene between Jesse and Walt (emotional on Jesse's part anyway).
    Loved Jesse throwing his money out the window (especially at the deer lawn ornament).
    And especially loved that last scene, with Hank clearly trying to protect Skyler and the kids and Walt just not giving a crap - oh, and when he punched Walt, I clapped!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    That last scene. Holy crap.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Sorry, but something about this last episode is eating at me tonight. Is anyone else seriously bothered by the change from Walt being ready to build an empire, and working out domestic distribution with Mike's connections and international distribution with Lydia, to suddenly deciding to stop and possibly just open another car wash? I get that Skyler showed him the pile of cash, and that his cancer has come back, but that is a very fast shift, if not outright disconnect there.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with that too. I thought the last show (from the first half of this season) could have been two shows with a few hints that Walt was thinking of getting out. This would make the scene when everything is hunky dory around the pool more realistic for me. It made me feel a little better when he told Jesse that he had been out for a month though, then I can pretend that much happened behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Tread lightly...love it!
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Man this show brings it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I had a problem with that too. I thought the last show (from the first half of this season) could have been two shows with a few hints that Walt was thinking of getting out. This would make the scene when everything is hunky dory around the pool more realistic for me. It made me feel a little better when he told Jesse that he had been out for a month though, then I can pretend that much happened behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.

from the time she showed him the money to the pool scene it seems like a few months. didnt we learn he's been totally outfor 1 month now? so there were a couple/few months of him winding his business down and handing it over.

couple that with the return of the cancer and i dont think its unusual at all that he has stopped.
  • BeachIron
    Options

from the time she showed him the money to the pool scene it seems like a few months. didnt we learn he's been totally outfor 1 month now? so there were a couple/few months of him winding his business down and handing it over.

couple that with the return of the cancer and i dont think its unusual at all that he has stopped.

The writers laid a clear path to where Walt was headed and then changed their minds. To cover that shift with oblique references and time jumps is a bit of a cop out. I don't have many complaints about the writing for BB, and that's the major reason I like it, but this is one.
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    keep jesse away from anything sharp or anything with bullets.

i wanted vince gilligan to keep him around because i adore jesse, but i don't think he has the heart to survive what is has happened.

we have seen walt resort to the move evil measures. if he doesn't take jesse out, i imagine jesse will do the deed himself. he is putting his finances in order, moving around with that vacant gaze.

tread lightly was so bad-*kitten*. he is a total monster. the way he shifts between family and the dark - it is true sociopath behavior. how effortlessly he lied to jesse about mike.