Breaking Bad

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with that too. I thought the last show (from the first half of this season) could have been two shows with a few hints that Walt was thinking of getting out. This would make the scene when everything is hunky dory around the pool more realistic for me. It made me feel a little better when he told Jesse that he had been out for a month though, then I can pretend that much happened behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.

from the time she showed him the money to the pool scene it seems like a few months. didnt we learn he's been totally outfor 1 month now? so there were a couple/few months of him winding his business down and handing it over.

couple that with the return of the cancer and i dont think its unusual at all that he has stopped.

The writers laid a clear path to where Walt was headed and then changed their minds. To cover that shift with oblique references and time jumps is a bit of a cop out. I don't have many complaints about the writing for BB, and that's the major reason I like it, but this is one.

what clear path are you talking about? seems to me this is the path they had in mind. and this isnt the first time they used a time jump.

walt's actions seem pretty consistent with his character.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    keep jesse away from anything sharp or anything with bullets.

i wanted vince gilligan to keep him around because i adore jesse, but i don't think he has the heart to survive what is has happened.

we have seen walt resort to the move evil measures. if he doesn't take jesse out, i imagine jesse will do the deed himself. he is putting his finances in order, moving around with that vacant gaze.

tread lightly was so bad-*kitten*. he is a total monster. the way he shifts between family and the dark - it is true sociopath behavior. how effortlessly he lied to jesse about mike.

something is going to snap jesse out of the haze...he will learn about brocks poisoning or somethign else that sets him after walt. then walt will kill him :D
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    keep jesse away from anything sharp or anything with bullets.

i wanted vince gilligan to keep him around because i adore jesse, but i don't think he has the heart to survive what is has happened.

we have seen walt resort to the move evil measures. if he doesn't take jesse out, i imagine jesse will do the deed himself. he is putting his finances in order, moving around with that vacant gaze.

tread lightly was so bad-*kitten*. he is a total monster. the way he shifts between family and the dark - it is true sociopath behavior. how effortlessly he lied to jesse about mike.

something is going to snap jesse out of the haze...he will learn about brocks poisoning or somethign else that sets him after walt. then walt will kill him :D

i believe most people want jesse to survive. but gilligan has been shocking the audience so often that i don't seem him writing a happy ending to close it out.

based on personality, history, walt should persevere. but c'mon, jesse taking him out in the end would make my life complete.

but then where does jesse go from there? he cannot handle guilt. his life is pretty much shot as it is.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

i believe most people want jesse to survive. but gilligan has been shocking the audience so often that i don't seem him writing a happy ending to close it out.

based on personality, history, walt should persevere. but c'mon, jesse taking him out in the end would make my life complete.

but then where does jesse go from there? he cannot handle guilt. his life is pretty much shot as it is.

i really doubt Gilligan will let any of the truly bad characters live..so Walt and Jesse will definitely die imo.
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    also, upon watching again, i really watched the neighbor's reaction to walt.

she seemed more shocked than scared? as if she spotted a ghost...

could walt have faked his own death?
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    also, upon watching again, i really watched the neighbor's reaction to walt.

she seemed more shocked than scared? as if she spotted a ghost...

could walt have faked his own death?

yeah i thought of that....he could have faked his death and use Saul's "vacuum cleaner" guy for himself or the entire family. and maybe he is back in town to rescue jesse?

but i just dont buy it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Aaron Paul did an AMA on reddit today. pretty interesting read.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with that too. I thought the last show (from the first half of this season) could have been two shows with a few hints that Walt was thinking of getting out. This would make the scene when everything is hunky dory around the pool more realistic for me. It made me feel a little better when he told Jesse that he had been out for a month though, then I can pretend that much happened behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.

from the time she showed him the money to the pool scene it seems like a few months. didnt we learn he's been totally outfor 1 month now? so there were a couple/few months of him winding his business down and handing it over.

couple that with the return of the cancer and i dont think its unusual at all that he has stopped.

The writers laid a clear path to where Walt was headed and then changed their minds. To cover that shift with oblique references and time jumps is a bit of a cop out. I don't have many complaints about the writing for BB, and that's the major reason I like it, but this is one.

what clear path are you talking about? seems to me this is the path they had in mind. and this isnt the first time they used a time jump.

Walt was headed towards a drug empire. He flat out said that's what he wanted, and the previous episodes were definitely headed in that direction. The return of cancer and his wife showing him the money, okay I get that, but it is too big of a mind set shift to gloss over like that.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Walt was headed towards a drug empire. He flat out said that's what he wanted, and the previous episodes were definitely headed in that direction. The return of cancer and his wife showing him the money, okay I get that, but it is too big of a mind set shift to gloss over like that.

but thats just it...he achieved his empire...and it no longer provided him the thrill or sense of achievement. thats partly what the "Crystal Blue Persuasion" clip was showing...how routine it became. so with that, the realization he has more money he could spend in ten lifetimes and the return of the cancer its completely in line with his story arc to get out of the business at that point.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I'm so exicted:

excited-baby.gif

love this ^^^^^^^ !!!!...:laugh:
  • Smithharry00
    Options
    No Cable -primewire

Enjoy!!

This site was good site. But now in these days something going wrong with this site. vidics4.com is good site to watch movies online.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    after the walt/hank confrontation last week i think i may be looking forward to tonights ep more than last weeks. how is that possible!!!

walt jr. (aka flynn) dies tonight. car crash is my guess.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    the episode is titled "Buried" and the description is "Skylar's past catches up with her". that leads you to believe it has something to do with the business with Ted but thats just too obvious right?

it cant be referencing her confrontation with Lydia right? thats not really her "past". but Lydia likes to put hits out on people in her way so maybe she wants Skylar killed so Walt can cook again? again too obvious....
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Todd is the one who knocks. :D

Jesse is going to flip. and as they say..."snitches get stitches". hope walt takes him out.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Todd is the one who knocks. :D

Jesse is going to flip. and as they say..."snitches get stitches". hope walt takes him out.

I agree that he'll flip. As soon as Hank says he knows about the murders, that'll be it.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    How about that showdown last night between Skyler and Marie - and then Marie tries to kidnap the baby yet! it was tense!
    Great acting all around last night - Jesse was only in two scenes but heartbreaking in both (especially on the merry-go-round). Favorite line: I'll send YOU to Belize.
  • kaleesanchez
    kaleesanchez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I loved that line... "Ill send YOU to Belize! hahah!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first half of the season, right after where Mike dies. That was disturbing.

Will Walter die? Certainly.

But... I think he will lose a family member first. Probably his son, because Sky and the baby are too predictable. Maybe his son will turn on him. He probably will have to kill his son.

I actually think the fitting ending would for Walter to die by his own hand -- I think he'll take the ricin himself.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    How about that showdown last night between Skyler and Marie - and then Marie tries to kidnap the baby yet! it was tense!
    Great acting all around last night - Jesse was only in two scenes but heartbreaking in both (especially on the merry-go-round). Favorite line: I'll send YOU to Belize.

how about the showdown between hank and walt. they looked like a coupe of gunslingers waiting to draw.

1s9gnYK.gif