Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Before and After Photos - Throw 'em up!

Replies

• DennisGetFitDennisGetFit Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    mikea2g wrote: »
    220lbs to 190. I know it's not much but it has changed me a lot and made me happier :)
    I started working out about 3 months and can't believe the results
    vc6x85bc0kuw.pngj51uaor0lc0e.png

@DennisGetFit
    Amazing job man!

Were you eating in a deficit those 3 months? Or were you more eating at maintenance and working out hard?

Just curious as the muscle gain and fat loss combo seems legendary! :)

@mikea2g Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it.

During the first month and a half, I was more so maintaining in terms of my caloric deficit while also only going to the gym once or twice a week because I wasn't as motivated at that time.

During the last month and a half, I started giving myself a 750-1250 calorie deficit after learning about intermittent fasting and overall how fat loss happens in general. I paired that up with going to do an intense workout 4-5 days a week and spending about an hour there give or take.

I am doing a little bit of cardio but I am letting most of the fat loss occur from the deficit and workouts.

• GemimaFitzTedGemimaFitzTed Posts: 198Member Member Posts: 198Member Member
    March 11, 2019... That day has been circled on my calendar for the last 6 months and now, it's here. I can't believe it.

6 months ago on September 11, 2018 I took a long look at myself in the mirror, and decided that it was time for a change. I had no energy and was in chronic pain. On that day, I gave myself a wonderful gift... I decided to change my life through nutrition and exercise. There would be no doctors, shots, or expensive protein drinks. There would be no "quick fix." Instead, it would be eating healthy, and going to the gym, and plugging away pound by pound.

It has been quite a journey, but I've learned a ton about myself and about how proper nutrition can heal your body. To say that I am 100% pain-free would be lying, as I have hip arthritis and I am bone-on-bone, BUT by losing weight and eating nutritious food, I have cut my pain considerably and have more stamina. I ran a mile on the treadmill yesterday in 10:44! Yes, I hurt a little afterwards, but not for long. I would have been lucky to have walked a mile in September.

I have about 20 more pounds to go, so my journey isn't over yet, but TODAY, I celebrate my 6-month milestone!w0ea9lwts5o4.png

Wow! Look at the difference! Great work!
    And happy 6 month milestone. You've got this!
  • thatjodiegirlthatjodiegirl Posts: 20Member Member Posts: 20Member Member
    Thank you!