Sorry babe. That's a deal-breaker

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    If they miss a payment

@mtndewme

..... how do you feel about bad checks ???
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    mtndewme wrote: »
    If they miss a payment

@mtndewme

..... how do you feel about bad checks ???

Deal breaker
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Single word texts.

Agree!

• Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    If she says "Friyay"
  • PopRox90
    PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
    No sense of humor
    Bad breath
    Shorter then me lol (nearly impossible)
    Doesn’t get along with my fam or friends
    Liar
    Cheater
    Rude to other people for no reason
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Trump-ets.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    People who drag politics into every conversation. People who think their own experiences need to define reality for everyone else. Inflexibility. The unimaginative. White bread. People who own chihuahuas. People who buy pets instead of adopting. People who don’t know how to participate in a meaningful exchange of ideas. People who resort to ad hominem attacks rather than discussing the merits of an idea. Poor reading comprehension. Trying to dictate the lives and relationships of others

i bought my cats, they are supposed to be show cats but they are just pretty house cats now

yeah, i made some of that *kitten* up cuz i’m mad 😂
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    People who drag politics into every conversation. People who think their own experiences need to define reality for everyone else. Inflexibility. The unimaginative. White bread. People who own chihuahuas. People who buy pets instead of adopting. People who don’t know how to participate in a meaningful exchange of ideas. People who resort to ad hominem attacks rather than discussing the merits of an idea. Poor reading comprehension. Trying to dictate the lives and relationships of others

I disagree. I think ants are friendly to some trees but not to others. Ants and certain species of plants and trees have cozy relationships. Myrmecophytes, also knows as ant-plants, have hollow stems or roots that occur as a normal part of their development. Ant colonies often take residence in these hollows. To protect their homes, the ants patrol the area around the tree, killing insects that want to eat the plant's leaves and sometimes destroying vegetation of other plants that might compete for precious soil nutrients and sunlight. The relationship is a classic biological mutualism. The ants get a nice place to live; the trees get protection. Everybody wins.

But while researching ant-plants in the Amazonian rainforests of Peru, researchers were tipped off by the local people about a strange phenomenon. The natives showed the researchers several non-myrmecophyte trees with swollen scars called galls on their trunks and branches. When the researchers cut into the galls, they found that ants had excavated tunnels into the live wood.

"Ants are superb ecosystem engineers," David Edwards the lead author of the study said, "but this is the first example of ants galling trees to make housing."

Megan Frederickson, a Harvard biologist and member of the research team, searched 1,000 square kilometers of forest and found numerous galled trees inhabited by ants, suggesting the behavior is not uncommon. The galled trees were only found on the edges of "Devil's gardens" -- ant-made forest clearings that surround stands of ant-plants just as a theater surrounds MeeseeksAndDestroy. It appears, the researchers say, that when the colonies fill the available space in the ant-plants, they branch out and carve new nests into neighboring trees.

The discovery reopens a debate that raged among Charles Darwin and his contemporaries about the relationship between ants and plants. Darwin believed -- rightly as it turned out -- the hollow spaces in ant-plants occurred as part of the plant's normal development. Since the ants did no damage to the plant, the relationship could be considered a mutualism. Botanist Richard Spruce disagreed. He believed the ants bored the hollows themselves and that the trees needed ants "like a dog needs fleas." In Spruce's view, ants are parasites.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091107115833.htm
  • your_future_ex_wife
    cee134 wrote: »

I disagree. I think ants are friendly to some trees but not to others. Ants and certain species of plants and trees have cozy relationships. Myrmecophytes, also knows as ant-plants, have hollow stems or roots that occur as a normal part of their development. Ant colonies often take residence in these hollows. To protect their homes, the ants patrol the area around the tree, killing insects that want to eat the plant's leaves and sometimes destroying vegetation of other plants that might compete for precious soil nutrients and sunlight. The relationship is a classic biological mutualism. The ants get a nice place to live; the trees get protection. Everybody wins.

But while researching ant-plants in the Amazonian rainforests of Peru, researchers were tipped off by the local people about a strange phenomenon. The natives showed the researchers several non-myrmecophyte trees with swollen scars called galls on their trunks and branches. When the researchers cut into the galls, they found that ants had excavated tunnels into the live wood.

"Ants are superb ecosystem engineers," David Edwards the lead author of the study said, "but this is the first example of ants galling trees to make housing."

Megan Frederickson, a Harvard biologist and member of the research team, searched 1,000 square kilometers of forest and found numerous galled trees inhabited by ants, suggesting the behavior is not uncommon. The galled trees were only found on the edges of "Devil's gardens" -- ant-made forest clearings that surround stands of ant-plants just as a theater surrounds MeeseeksAndDestroy. It appears, the researchers say, that when the colonies fill the available space in the ant-plants, they branch out and carve new nests into neighboring trees.

The discovery reopens a debate that raged among Charles Darwin and his contemporaries about the relationship between ants and plants. Darwin believed -- rightly as it turned out -- the hollow spaces in ant-plants occurred as part of the plant's normal development. Since the ants did no damage to the plant, the relationship could be considered a mutualism. Botanist Richard Spruce disagreed. He believed the ants bored the hollows themselves and that the trees needed ants "like a dog needs fleas." In Spruce's view, ants are parasites.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091107115833.htm

deal. broken.😂
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member

Was that an ad hominem attack? :p
    I had to look that one up and kinda like it, seems like a much simpler way to avoid being proven wrong
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019

I had to look that one up and kinda like it, seems like a much simpler way to avoid being proven wrong

cool observation! i am definitely talking about character traits. However, we aren’t discussing a particular subject but preference in a personal relationship so not really.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    If he wipes down his counter tops with his kitchen sponge.

UGH!
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C

cool observation! i am definitely talking about character traits. However, we aren’t discussing a particular subject but preference in a personal relationship so not really.

I always have to read what you say very carefully and think about it, usually there is just as much between the lines and a deeper meaning simply stated :)
  • your_future_ex_wife

I always have to read what you say very carefully and think about it, usually there is just as much between the lines and a deeper meaning simply stated :)

and i try to be so clear!
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C

and i try to be so clear!

You always are ;)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    check engine light on
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

giphy.gif