Sorry babe. That's a deal-breaker

Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If he is not slimmer than me, it is a dealbreaker. I like my guys lean.

Haha! I am the opposite of this! I want to be smaller than the guy I am with. And I don't mean by 10-15 lbs.... And I am not a small person. 😬😂
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Haha! I am the opposite of this! I want to be smaller than the guy I am with. And I don't mean by 10-15 lbs.... And I am not a small person. 😬😂

Yeah some of my friends feel this way too.
  • nooshi713
    Options

If he doesn’t like my birds, it is a dealbreaker.

If he’s a hardcore meat eater and not at least open minded to a pescatarian or plant based lifestyle, it is a dealbreaker.

If he doesn’t believe in marriage or want kids it is a dealbreaker.

You drive a hard bargain

I don’t feel like I ask for too much. I offer a lot. But I know not everyone likes birds or eats the way I do.

• jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    He doesn’t like children or animals. I can love someone who doesn’t like other adults. But they have to like kids and animals.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    when her snapchat score is over 0

Fn3R262m.jpg
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    😏
    As time goes by my list gets shorter and shorter, lol.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »

If he’s a hardcore meat eater and not at least open minded to a pescatarian or plant based lifestyle, it is a dealbreaker.

You drive a hard bargain

I don’t feel like I ask for too much. I offer a lot. But I know not everyone likes birds or eats the way I do.

I love birds, but i dont think ive ever met a person who eats like i do.... if i was looking for someone with a like minded diet i think the search would be hopeless.

This became an issue for me recently because all the meat eaters I was dating gave me a hard time about my diet ways.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Doesn't vote...
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

I love birds, but i dont think ive ever met a person who eats like i do.... if i was looking for someone with a like minded diet i think the search would be hopeless.

This became an issue for me recently because all the meat eaters I was dating gave me a hard time about my diet ways.

Well i think that is less a problem with difference of diet and more of a respect issue.
  • nooshi713
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

Well i think that is less a problem with difference of diet and more of a respect issue.

I agree but also find it harder to do simple things like make a meal together or go out to eat when our dietary preferences are very different.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

I agree but also find it harder to do simple things like make a meal together or go out to eat when our dietary preferences are very different.

I can see that. While i would never even consider being a vegetarian, it does not disgust me the way they eat. I think it is much harder for a vegetarian to not be turned off by meat eaters, especially if their diet choice is one brought upon by their moral stance.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

I can see that. While i would never even consider being a vegetarian, it does not disgust me the way they eat. I think it is much harder for a vegetarian to not be turned off by meat eaters, especially if their diet choice is one brought upon by their moral stance.

I agree with this.

I try not to eat red meat, but when I do the carnage is appalling, barbaric, fiendish & primal.

...... a true blood letting.

(And that's just Taco Tuesday)
  • Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

I hugged this. I've always been worried that if i got into a relationship with a vegan or vegetarian, they'd be the ones giving me a hard time for eating meat.

My husband eats meat and so does my daughter. I’ve been vegan for 4 years and it’s rarely been a problem in our relationship. People who get all preachy and sanctimonious about veganism would be that way about whatever cause they feel they are fighting for. It’s not a lifestyle issue, it’s their personality. And you can weed those people out pretty quick.

• Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My deal breakers: Can’t have a meaningful conversation, zero compassion or empathy, no goals or ambition, terrible listener.
  • nooshi713
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

I hugged this. I've always been worried that if i got into a relationship with a vegan or vegetarian, they'd be the ones giving me a hard time for eating meat.

I used to eat meat. I grew up with it. I have always loved animals and didn’t fully realize the consequence of my choices until I got older. When I did eat meat, I was turned off by the overly preachy vegans. Not all of them are like that.

I am very passionate about this issue but don’t force it on anyone else. It is just so much easier to date someone with similar ways. I’m not saying it is necessary to eat the same to be compatible but from personal experience, I have realized how important having this particular thing in common is for me in a relationship.
  • nooshi713
    edited March 2020
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

I used to eat meat. I grew up with it. I have always loved animals and didn’t fully realize the consequence of my choices until I got older. When I did eat meat, I was turned off by the overly preachy vegans. Not all of them are like that.

I am very passionate about this issue but don’t force it on anyone else. It is just so much easier to date someone with similar ways. I’m not saying it is necessary to eat the same to be compatible but from personal experience, I have realized how important having this particular thing in common is for me in a relationship.

Maybe I'd go out with you. But I also wear a fur coat. Is that a deal breaker?

It isn’t but I can’t imagine wanting to wear a fur coat in Southern California!
  • nooshi713
    Options

You drive a hard bargain

It doesn’t disgust me, but it does make me sad. The only thing that disgusts me is when someone eats pork.....