Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Halloween Issues

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    ga5x4v14nrj2.gif

I can't tell you how many times I've had to do those for physical therapy!

I thought she was prepping to outrun the ghosts and goblins tomorrow.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    ga5x4v14nrj2.gif

For whatever reason, that exercise is called "clams" - I guess it does look like a clam opening and shutting...but I like your answer better.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    ga5x4v14nrj2.gif

For whatever reason, that exercise is called "clams" - I guess it does look like a clam opening and shutting...but I like your answer better.

I have a theory on why it's called clams, but I doubt I can share it here. :blush:
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    ga5x4v14nrj2.gif

I have a theory on why it's called clams, but I doubt I can share it here. :blush:

My naughty husband is a bad influence on me, so I understand perfectly. :laugh:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    ga5x4v14nrj2.gif

My naughty husband is a bad influence on me, so I understand perfectly. :laugh:

I'm torn between the influential hubby being insightful and inspiring. Imagine for a second that I can choose both.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread took quite a detour and for once it wasn't my fault :lol:

The Halloween spirit never made it to our house this year. We threw some inflatable ghosts and pumpkins out in the front yard and called it good :tongue: 100% chance of rain today and this evening. I predict leftover Halloween candy in my future food diary!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

The Halloween spirit never made it to our house this year. We threw some inflatable ghosts and pumpkins out in the front yard and called it good :tongue: 100% chance of rain today and this evening. I predict leftover Halloween candy in my future food diary!

I preconsumed all my Halloween candy and will spend the evening sitting in the dark watching Netflix. My dog doesn't deal well with people at the door. So I don't participate.
  • pinuplove
    Options

I preconsumed all my Halloween candy and will spend the evening sitting in the dark watching Netflix. My dog doesn't deal well with people at the door. So I don't participate.

That's pretty much every night for me :lol: Sometimes Hulu or Amazon just to mix things up.

Our cats will hide under the bed and come creeping out around 9:30 looking indignant and asking for food.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

That's pretty much every night for me :lol: Sometimes Hulu or Amazon just to mix things up.

Our cats will hide under the bed and come creeping out around 9:30 looking indignant and asking for food.

I was thinking about making it something scary enough that I'll have to lock my bedroom door to sleep tonight. Pretty sure that little lock won't do me much good, but for some reason, it's comforting. The no sleep Reddit can be good for that too. Try reading that then go camping :laugh:
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Can we turn this into a debate about whether or not candy corn can be considered "food"?
    852tkv2psxs9.jpg
    3y4iu9ch43z6.png

Try making them yourself....

https://altonbrown.com/homemade-candy-corn-recipe/
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Aside from unadulterated sugar or sweetener from a bowl or packet, candy corn is about the only thing I can think of that's actually too sweet me to eat (and yes, I'm including peeps :) )
  • pinuplove
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Aside from unadulterated sugar or sweetener from a bowl or packet, candy corn is about the only thing I can think of that's actually too sweet me to eat (and yes, I'm including peeps :) )

I feel that way about Cadbury eggs, but I can eat candy corn.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Damn you @pinuplove

Now I want candy corn.
  • pinuplove
    Options

Damn you @pinuplove

Now I want candy corn.

Why are you blaming me @Tacklewasher ? I didn't even bring it up!

Now go get some candy corn. It should be on sale soon :tongue:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Damn you @pinuplove

Now I want candy corn.

Me, too. Please.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Ok. I never made them. I was just playing against the meme......
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    I want a Cadbury egg.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    We just had a bunch of these over the weekend:

czgfh8ep8fe9.png

Recipe? You can't post stuff like that without telling us how to make it - it's in the rules somewhere.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    We just had a bunch of these over the weekend:

czgfh8ep8fe9.png

Recipe? You can't post stuff like that without telling us how to make it - it's in the rules somewhere.

This is the recipe we used:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/254844/halloween-candy-corn-jell-o-shots/

Came out perfect!