JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 57

Options

Replies

• FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just walked/ran a 5km virtual race! It was the zombie, run! Halloween virtual race. It was a lot of fun, despite my stomach cramps.

If you're talking about cramps in your side when running, be sure you exhale completely. If you take deep breaths through your nose (extending your stomach) and completely exhale through your mouth (I tighten my abs and give a little puff at the end of the exhale) before taking the next breath, you can avoid side cramps. I breath in for 3 steps and out for 3 steps (forcing every bit of breath out) when I start, then breath in 2 steps and out 2 steps as exertion becomes more intense.

If your cramps were digestive, I offer sympathy.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,838 Member
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 I’m not sure it was the elliptical as it happened on Saturday and I did the elliptical on Thursday. I’ve been having periodic cramps in my right calf for a few months. Generally I can feel it starting and get it to stop. This one was quick and I couldn’t get out of my chair fast enough. (Legs up, cat in lap, yada yada. :wink: )

@TonyB0588 Do you log everything you put in your mouth? WW calls them BLTs - Bites, Licks & Tastes.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,838 Member
    Options
    @bisonpitcher You may stay in the group as long as you want. Some are at maintenance and continue to post. It’s all good!

@puttyputty I’m so glad to see you again! Yes, getting behind on this thread it’s so hard to catch up. After being gone all day yesterday and not looking at FB, I have about 50 notifications waiting. SMH

@FarmerCarla Something is off with your dates. You posted 11/1 the morning of 10/31.

@mthomas0228 Where in New England are you? Would love to see pictures of the costumes!
  • FarmerCarla
    Options
    10/29 130.5 I had the worst Charlie Horse in my right calf and foot yesterday. It took a few minutes for Carl to break it up and it was stressful I was shaking after. Today I have residual pain. Going to meet my friend at the gym at 2 with my new HR monitor. I didn’t know Amazon delivered on Sundays!
    10/30 130.0

I had a lot of Charlie Horses in my teen years. I would beat on them and try to massage them out. My father gave me the best advice--lay flat, legs stretched out, concentrate on relaxing, and let it go away on its own. I had my doubts, but he was right. Now, I realize more potassium in my diet may have prevented them in the first place.
  • FarmerCarla
    edited October 2018
    Options

@FarmerCarla Something is off with your dates. You posted 11/1 the morning of 10/31.

Very observant @guiltingjaine, I'll figure it out before I post tomorrow. Being gone over the weekend threw me off.