mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but i will not be able to catch up on the posts i've missed

11/1-nope (1 hour aerial yoga)
    11/2-nope
    11/3-3 mi (2 hour aerial yoga)
    11/4-nope

we did about three miles saturday. we tried on some canicross harnesses. speed demon panicked in one and sat whenever it pulled on her. so we stick with harness we have. the three miles felt like the last three miles of a half marathon. i think it was because i hadn't eaten much.
    cleaned and food prepped sunday-tomato soup, banana bread, white cake, pancakes, pudding, eggs.
    anyone vegan? i made the soup but i usually use cream to cut the acidity. what do non-dairy people use to cut the acidity? i didn't have cream so i made as is with tomato and chicken stock.
    also met a surrender. we don't usually do surrenders but it was kind of an emergency and a volunteer was looking for a frenchie. but i got to take him on a walk. he is quite the personality. when he realized his person was gone he cried. it was both heartbreaking and funny(frenchies have a unique voice.)
    2 out of three miles at the dog park
    0fbb1fo04d0n.png

2nd crochet project. midweight sweater vest. she's thrilled.
    b8c0325kdxnc.png

to distract him, i took him for a walk or as he called it: "patrol"
    yior494o5l4n.png

we'll see how long this actually lasts. i need to start soaking lentils for another soup. tomato soup was vegan and so was the banana bread.
    6c289pe8d6x9.png

exercise.png

Poor sweet little Frenchie!

I think if you like the taste canned pumpkin might add body and cut the acidity similarly to cream in tomato soup. I do a tomato/pumpkin/lentil soup with garam masala.

a friend suggested white bean-which i had not soaked yet but have used before. or raw cashews.

i could see the tomato pumpkin lentil with the garam masala. i have that spice blend. i like lentil with roasted tomato and smoked sausage(obviously nonvegan)
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,938 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Right, I have to dodge people to get to the right, and back to the left, without getting in their way. Same thing with water stations, although more people are also moving anyway

The LA Leggers are told to move to the right when they take their walk breaks. Admittedly some folks are better than others about this rule.

Being in a pace group in a race has advantages and disadvantages. Some find that they keep a better pace (especially beginners) but having a pack can get in the way of other runners.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Morning! 8k run this morning. Feeling pretty good, except the kids have milk colds. Hoping to avoid getting one myself.
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So I want to start racing next year (with a max distance of 10km in mind) how do I find races in my area? The website I'm currently on is only giving me stuff that's hours and hours away, but I can't commit to driving that far with my money situation. I've found two races (one where I live one 90 minutes) but they're months apart and I want to do more than 2 races. I'm in Cranbrook, BC, and every other race seems to be in Vancouver. Any tips on finding local races?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @bubblegum2fitness active.com has a lot. If you are in the US there's also runningintheusa.com. Sometimes I just google 10k (or whatever distance) and the city. Once you find one you tend to find many.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary - your girls are too cute and love that they wanna run with ya'.
    @Orphia - Nice job on your HM! I am so impressed at everyone first who runs a marathon but then coming back a few weeks (or days) later to run a HM - wow!
    @katharmonic - Happy belated Birthday!
    @MobyCarp - Another great race! Congratulations on a race well run and an AG win!
    @rheddmobile - Congratulations! Great race report!

No run for me today, lift day instead. 1st run of the month tomorrow hopefully. Finally rid of this cold(hopefully).

ETA:@shanaber yes I took from some of your summary...you do such a marvelous job with it :) .
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but what's the "Woo" reaction mean? Is it a "woo hoo" or is it a "woo - that's crazy" or something else entirely?
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    Dumb question, but what's the "Woo" reaction mean? Is it a "woo hoo" or is it a "woo - that's crazy" or something else entirely?

LOL - I assume it means Woo Hoo!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

Woo that's crazy, generally.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

it is woo-as in woowoo
    like sugar is evil-woo science
    if you lift heavy you will turn into arnold-woo
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

LOL - I assume it means Woo Hoo!
    sarahthes wrote: »

Woo that's crazy, generally.

Woo!! LOL!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Oh yes, and a pinch and a punch!
    @ContraryMaryMary So is that NZ for Physio, massage ?? or a special refreshing beverage ??.

Ha. No. It's what we say on the morning of the first of the month: "A pinch and a punch for the first of the month, and no returns." Although, the cheeky return is, "A pinch and a kick for being so quick."

Is that just in NZ? My husband is from the UK and I've got to ask him if he knows that phrase. The naughty bugger would make up something similar.

Very much a U.K. quote. And it’s not just a phrase- it’s usually accompanied by a pinch and punch action on the arm.

Oweee
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Guy fawkes night here so lots of people letting off fireworks. I hate personal ones. Give me a public display any day!

I thought you were in NZ? Why on EARTH do you celebrate Guy Fawkes night?

(Guinea pigs aren’t happy right now - lots of fireworks all around. This will continue all week.)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Guy fawkes night here so lots of people letting off fireworks. I hate personal ones. Give me a public display any day!

(Guinea pigs aren’t happy right now - lots of fireworks all around. This will continue all week.)

I assume it’s a commonwealth thing. I think parts of Canada and Australia celebrate it too. ETA: According to Wikipedia it survived for a while in the colonial US as "Pope Day" but George Washington thought that burning the pope in effigy was a bad idea because it could alienate our allies in Canada so it didn't stick around very long after the revolution.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,938 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Oh yes, and a pinch and a punch!
    @ContraryMaryMary So is that NZ for Physio, massage ?? or a special refreshing beverage ??.

Ha. No. It's what we say on the morning of the first of the month: "A pinch and a punch for the first of the month, and no returns." Although, the cheeky return is, "A pinch and a kick for being so quick."

Is that just in NZ? My husband is from the UK and I've got to ask him if he knows that phrase. The naughty bugger would make up something similar.

Very much a U.K. quote. And it’s not just a phrase- it’s usually accompanied by a pinch and punch action on the arm.

Oweee

My husband would add a smack on the bum. Told you he is naughty. :p
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Awww. Poor piggies.

No fireworks here in Massachusetts, but I made some parkin at the weekend. You can take a girl out of Yorkshire....