WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Concerning "Woo" - What we need is a Woohoo or a Woot!!! option...

Machka Well done!

Doggies Loving all the doggy pictures! We recently found out our Coton (Bailey) has cardiomegaly (enlarged heart) and a louder & louder heart murmur. So he has a cardiology appointment next week. He is 12, with expected life span 14-16 years. He doesn't seem to be symptomatic, so we are hoping he can be put on medication to prevent or slow progression to heart failure and preserve his quality of life. We are still stinging from losing Farley. We hope Bailey and our 2 girl Yorkies Mabel & Molly will stay around for a while longer.

Heather Hope you perk up. I am really enjoying hearing the details of you settling in to your new environs.

Oregon Barbara MicroPopz are perhaps an inch tall. Very detailed little plastic Marvel figurines with a suction cup on the bottom (which replaces the legs/feet of the figurine). My granddaughter & I sometimes hide them around the house for the other one to find. We draw the one that the other one is supposed to find. She usually does a pencil drawing. I like to color the ones she draws.

NYKAREN Your daughter is a gentle, sensitive soul.

Katla Oh so sorry about your Singer Featherweight. My brother's vintage Gibson guitar was stolen right out of his apartment. Crushing...

Karen in Virginia

p.s. #27 Small thing I use daily that I am grateful for: my garage door opener.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    WOW - Twins! My very first friends were twins. I never understood why nobody but their mother, my mother, and I could tell them appart. As children they looked very much alike; but, as they got older, I still can tell and still think it is funny that others don't see it.

y'all can keep all the blizzards you want. I will deal with falling things and stinging bugs; but, I don't get bitten by misquotoes or fleas; but, everybody in the South understand gnats. You can generally tell if someone is from the south; they've learned to blow them out of their eyes; but, notherners want a fan. I don't tolerate the sun as much as I used to. I could pass as a Mulatta during summer while a teenager. Thankfully I grew out of that phase and I limit my time in the sun and blessed with my Mother's skin. Now when I want to go outside and mess around with my plants - about 15 or 20 minutes is enough for Louis tell me to go 'inside'.

I finally called another friend after she called me and told me about her husband. He had open heart surgery and crash 3 or 4 times while in the hospital; then 3 more once he got home. Now on a ventelator. Now I am told that she has 19 tumors in her lungs; but, it is stage 1 and they are not going to do chemo or radiation; but, they will do surgery. She is staying with her Mother so she can take care of her. They (whoever 'they' are) have not been too kind to her at this point; although they accepted her as their Dad's 'wife'. She is in a common-law relationship and I know she feels bad about not being allowed to go see him. But. I am sure she would not have put him on a ventelator after he crashed the last time.

I'm sure that maybe Trey will get thee pool fix by next summer - we'll see.

They are going to do an MRI on my throat and spine. If they have not called by tomorrow I will call them to find out when my appointment has been scheduled. They cannot do it at my OrthoMD's office because their MRI machine wouold 'flash' when it got to my esophagus brcause of the LINX procedure. I am very satiisfied with it; because I have not had any acid reflux and very little heart burn. I know that Dairy is pretty much a 'no-no' unless I limit it to 1 ouoane to 1/2 cup; so I started buying the small cups of ice cream and mini frozen Snickers Ice cream bars

Lenora.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options
    :) I just finished watching a very corny Hallmark Christmas movie. I usually record several of them in November and December. It allowed me to ride the exercise bike for almost two hours and make great progress knitting a hat in a new pattern. It also allowed Jake and the pets to take a nap.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I have never been asked to give an exit interview. By the time I have finally decided to move on from a company it's usually because I have lost all respect for someone that directly affects me so it's probably for the best. I think a Christmas party to meet all of your new co-workers during the day is a great idea. An evening one with lots of drinking maybe not so much!

Allie - When I was expecting my eldest we were living in Ontario 9 hours from "home", my President came in asking me if I knew of anyone that sit for his girls. Knowing he had just hired someone a couple weeks before I asked what happened. Turns out his past as an Ontario Provincial Police Officer allowed him to run a check on the lady he had hired, and she had child abuse allegations against her. He took our receptionist to watch his kids for a few days while he found someone else. We decided to move home so we had family to help us with our baby.

Heather - It is so nice that you are getting to enjoy your grandchildren now :)

Karen - What a treasure those drawings will be for years down the road. Your Grandchildren are sure blessed to have you in their lives.

Rebecca - I just love your sister's artwork. Love it!

Vicki - Technology is the bane of my existence when they do "upgrades". The waiting part in the final days and hours is so hard. Hugs to you and your husband.

Michelle - I failed typing in school when I took it on a typewriter. When I took my computer course years later I was very nervous about the keyboarding aspect of it and surprised myself by getting 100%. I find it much easier to use the blind typing method as well, but my instructor could beat all of us for typing accuracy and speed using the "hunt and peck" method with two fingers. I guess it's what you get used to. Love your Dumbo, so cute!

Katla - I remember having a toy sewing machine as a little girl and was very frustrated with it. I finally convinced my Grandmother to allow me to use hers. I think toy ones just aren't sturdy enough.

Machka - Congratulations on your marks

Woo Icon- A couple of other groups that I participate in choose to use it as Woo - Way to go! Every time someone is new it is explained to them that it's not used that way on most other groups.

I had a very poor craft sale weekend. It was Grey Cup here, it is Canada's version of the Super Bowl. Also, Black Friday weekend. I remember last year was poor as well on Black Friday weekend so next year I will not register for any on that weekend.

I am way behind, again, on my Gratitude so will catch up.
    #21 - Song - I think the song that has saved me the last year and a bit is Why Me Lord, by Kris Kristofferson
    #22 - Story - My Grandmother used to tell me little stories all the time and I remember bits and pieces of them. They were all made up by her and would change from one telling to the next. Those were stories I am most grateful for.
    #23 - Tradition - My husband pretends to be Scrooge and grumbles about Christmas, but there is one tradition he started the year we were married and we still continue 31 years later and that is to watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. I make finger foods for supper and we watch the movie. My favourite tradition.
    #24 - Challenge- I guess the challenge I am most grateful for is losing my job lost year. It has made me learn to be more Grateful and to be less worried. In my mind, one of the worse things that could happen was being unemployed with no money coming in. We survived it and grew closer through it so I am very Grateful.
    #25 - Moment this week - On Friday as I was panicking trying to get everything completed for the craft show my Granddaughter (almost 3) wanted to "help me" I slowed down and let her sit on my lap and help me put our tag sets together with ribbon. It slowed me down, but she was so proud of her accomplishment and it forced me to slow down and enjoy the process.
    #26 - Form of Expression - I have to say touch. My children, my husband, my parents and grandparents. Special friends. Their hugs mean more to me than any gift I could ever receive. What I wouldn't give to have some hugs from people that are no longer here.
    #27 - Small Thing - Like @Machka9 I am grateful for my glasses, without them I can't even see 2 feet in front of me, but I am going to say I am most grateful for heat. I grew up cold. We lived in an old farmhouse with a poor wood stove for heat and I hated it.

I dug out my Christmas decorations this morning and have started to put a few up, I want to decorate all but the tree this week and do the tree on Sunday with my Grandchildren. A couple of months ago while organizing some boxes and my hope chest I came across some pictures of people with Santa. I decided at the time that I would display them this year and enjoy them rather than leaving them in boxes all the time. Last night I went through all of my pictures and pulled out a bunch of Christmas pictures from years past. This is a picture of my Dad and I on Christmas Eve 1988. I was expecting my eldest daughter and we were comparing bellies. I was about 6 weeks from my due date. Dad dressed up to visit the little girl next door on Christmas Eve for about 3 years. At Christmas my Dad was a completely different man than he was the rest of the year and I will always treasure those memories. I'm not sure what the teardrop shaped thing is on the picture, maybe I'll have it retouched someday.bzpcq24cox5m.jpg

Tracey in Edmonton

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    #26 Music, love to sing... in the shower, in the car, in church. Try to moderate it in church tho, as loath to impose it on others. While close to, if not on pitch, the voice is thin, tinny, squeaky, unpleasant. :sad: Time to get out the keyboard and guitar and make some sweeter sounds.

Karen in VA what a treasure those passed drawings are and will be. Wow! What are MicroPopz?
    Vickie (((hugs))) New, non-functioning systems are so frustrating. Even more when Mgt doesn't seem to sense the urgency to fix. :(
    Willow in WA had no idea they fed fruitcake to sick folk, but egg nog, yes. Concentrated nutrition. Mama would whip some up for me, it was the only way she could get me to consume eggs. Only problem was it gave me the runs :sick: due my lactase deficiency, but back then who knew?
    Lenora glad to hear your reunion was politics free :) and that you've found a PT who sounds competant. Here's hoping. Balance issues suck.
    Rebecca beautiful photo, you're as talented in your medium as your sister is in hers.
    Heather what a gift for your DH to play with Max. Something I'd like to learn to do with my god daughter's children, but lack the patience and equanimity.
    allie stick to your guns. Never wise to overlap professional with personal services. Danger, Will Robinson, DANGER! Let Mary do it :devil:
    Lisa Grinning HUGELY here for the way things have turned out. Couldn't imagine better, or better deserved!
    NYKaren Sycamore leaves can mat and slow or prevent grass growth in spring. If you can't blow them off before the snow falls, you'll have a messy heavy rake job in a few months. Sorry.
    Beth 10-20 inches of snow! :astonished: Muck-filled mess, perfect words! We had Sycamores in Idaho and I grew to despise them.
    Machka of course, you ARE Highly distinguished! Congratulations on its being officially recognized.
    Betsy great news on your eyes' pressure. Joe's is up to 18 despite two different rx drops :cry:
    pip how do you keep Yogi from eating the scarf and other costumes? He is a lab, isn't he?
    Barbie Amen! That's how our furry ones are able to reduce our stress and blood pressure, by sight and example.
    Welcome Karen in BC

#27 small thing: Charmin ultra soft, not for me leaves or the Montgomery Ward catalog :devil:

During yesterday's break in the rain got the damp cardboard torn and mixed with the veg waste for the compost heap. Stirred the last grass clippings up a bit to aerate and scooched over the heap as decaying grass looks way better than decaying cardboard and brussels sprouts leaves.

RFPD Chief and I got the reimbursement request project half done, but OH it's like herding cats. Several guys want their complaints to be heard and as they struggle for primacy the volume and intensity rise. Good thing the target of their complaints is far far away. Will need Guidance to reframe into appropriate effective language. And you should SEE the firehouse. So disorganized, stuff piled everywhere, almost tempts me to clean :noway: Fortunately one of the gals has volunteered to do some organizing. I'll offer her my support.

It's cozily rainy and foggy today, Joe built a fire. Think I'll tackle the mess on the pedestal table to make room for Joe's coffee maker. Or not. Could work on the RFPD board meeting minutes instead... :wink:

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 17/26, 60 g protein 19/26, rx/vits 19/26, meditate 22/26, knee exercises 23/26, SWSY UP 4/8, SWSY LOW 3/8, core 4/8, play with Tumble 10/25, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 19/26.

Yogi is a lab, I just threaten to kill him, that’s all and poof, he doesn’t move
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Pip LOL! My grandfather had a dog that was really smart and understood a lot of words. He was easy to train and had dozens of tricks. Grandad would call the dog an SOB in a sweet, affectionate tone of voice, and the dog would slink away with his tail between his legs. My grandfather used only positive training techniques, so I don't know how he got that dog to do that, but it was hilarious. :D:D:D
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3 Marking my spot.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

I love the pictures! Drawings, paintings, sunsets

Katla – I have a good sewing center – not a fabric store – but a place that sells and repairs sewing machines, they sell used completely refurbished machines from every level. I have bought all my machines used.

Karen in VA - I have a featherweight I love too, but out here they are very hard to find – and run many hundreds of dollars when you can find one… so even a Kenmore or brother that is a basic machine would be an ok start.

I just checked craigslist and there are quite a few in the 1-200 dollar range but not all working.

Allie – excellent! Make boundaries and stick to them. You need to protect you.

NY Karen – in CA leaving leaves on the grass – especially the big ones like sycamore are a mess, as it gets moldy under with the rain, I have been know to be raking the lawn in full rain gear.

Lisa – What a perfect outcome! “right words” all around, a relaxed atmosphere to meet your new team, no air travel, and texting to make sure your old team knows you are available for them.

November Gratitude’s
    1. Smell = clean dog
    2. Technology = smart phone
    3. Color = sunrise
    4. Food = herbal tea
    5. Sound = silence, but heard the coyotes talking, and loved hearing them
    6. Nature = the waves
    7. Memories = I think one of my favorite memories, is a conglomerate of memories – in the summer when I was a kid – Dad and I would go out to the grass to “pull weeds” we would pull a few, but really we would look at the clouds and point out the things we saw, or make up stories about were the airplanes were going overhead, who was in them… We were not in a flight path but way way high you would see a plane occasionally. And sometimes a small plane those were even more fun to make up stories about.
    8. Book – oh so many I love – but the harry potter series as my god-son and I got them together and read them and talked about them almost every night
    9. Place – I think the Grand Canyon – I did a 10 day rafting trip down the river for my 50th birthday and it was a life changing event and helped me grow and believe in myself enough to face coming home and being laid off 10 days later.
    10. Taste – sweet or salty – for me it is always sweet! But favorite taste is my mom’s marinara sauce with meatballs, it cooks all day, and I could smell it from the corner of our street and knew one of my favorite dinners was that night
    11. Holiday – tough one, I have a love of Christmas but it is also the day I was beaten by my domestic abuser so it has mixed memories…
    12. Texture – I love cashmere
    13. Abilities – I’m very thankful for my abilities – I think the one that comes to mind right now is planning, I can look ahead and figure out how to plan out things that need to be done to make the most of the time and money available.
    14. Sight- my god daughter smiling at me…
    15. Season- I love them all – it’s winter so it is my favorite right now.
    16. Body – I have great thick hair with very little “grey” and actually the “grey” is mostly white, my paternal grandma had beautiful white hair… here’s hoping
    17. Knowledge - I think the knowledge that I am in charge of setting boundaries to keep me physically and mentally safe, and how to do it…. I don’t always remember to do it, but I do know how.
    18. Art – I have always loved Monet, I read somewhere that he was very nearsighted and his soft focus style was because he painted what he saw – and if that is true it makes complete sense to me as without my glasses my world is the world of Monet. My favorite of his is Water Lilies – probably because when I was in England it was at the National Gallery in London. I spent a lot of time there and always started and ended my visit with 5-10 minutes in front of that picture. I would sit in a slightly different place and just look at it – I never tired of it and it always had just a bit of a different look.
    19. Touch – So Ok I know I spoil Levi, but yes my 55lb dog sleeps with me – so the touch is Levi always in the morning, but sometimes in the night if he is really cold or I have a bad dream, he’ll reach over and set his paw on my shoulder or give my cheek this little gentle kiss….
    20. Person in your life – I’m going to say my best girl friend Lynne, we’ve been friends since college and have stayed closest friends for all this time.
    21. Song – I’m not much into music, as I am partially tone deaf – So the lyrics are important but the music or beat are pretty much a mystery to me. That being said, Helen Reddy’s I am woman has always felt like it was my theme song.
    22. Stories – So there is a family story – rarely told, that is about my parents as young married couple having a “fight” and my mom chased my Dad about with a wet tea bag trying to hit him with it, and … I will ask mom to tell the story again today. My parents did not (and mom still doesn’t) do public displays of affection - I really think it’s a mom thing as Dad would hug us hold our hands … my dad died in 1979 after that I have never been hugged by my mom, or siblings. My nephew hugs me (I trained him up!) – but he never gets hugged by his grandma or dad (my mom/brother)- Hugs were ok till about 12 years old then never again. We even made it through the grief of my dad dying without touching – that’s one broken mess. But the story of them having the tea bag fight is one of joy, love, and laughter.
    23. Tradition - I love any and all traditions! And the holiday time is full of them. The one we did today – So on the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving we drive about 45 minutes into the “Mountains” they are only about 3,500 feet.. and go to one of the Christmas Tree Farms and cut our own tree – we get 2 one for my mom’s house and one for mine. We have been doing this since I was a little girl, my Mom’s family did it. In the last few years Mom and I have been going together – which means I drive, I cut down and haul each tree, then tie them on the top of the car; this year Kyle (DN) and 2 of his friends who were with us for Thanksgiving came also and 3 football playing boys from 18-20years old were a huge help. They drove, cut the trees, hauled them to the truck, !!! so much easier on me.
    24. Challenge - My on going challenge is to take care of me, making good choices about boundaries, food, and finances
    25. Moment this week - I am really thankful that Thanksgiving went well, no fights, no loud angry voices – while this was a tough decision for me, I know it was the best gift I could make happen for my mom. And while we have our differences but without her gardening, cooking, DNA, and her “way” I would not be me… so making it work for a few hours was well worth it.
    26. Expression – Weird but for me this is hard, I can’t imagine no touch, no smiles, no spoken or written word, no art… I think I’ll go with touch, it even means the pup can participate.
    27. Small thing – refrigeration.. sure makes life easier.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    #27 - small thing that I'm grateful for: artificial light. It makes my way of life possible...
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    #27 small thing - toss up between coffeemaker <3 and glasses B)

Lanette
    Cool & cloudy SW WA State
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Unexpected sunshine today. So glad since my puppy had cabin fever yesterday from not getting out. She has a raincoat but when I put it on her she acts like she can't walk. Crazy pup. Barn cat, Tootsie went to vet today for wellness checkup and got a clean bill of health. I went to ortho yesterday to have knee replacements checked and was pleasantly surprised to have the doc tell me that whoever put them in did an excellent job and they are in great shape. The left knee was replaced in 2004 and the right in 2007 so I have had them for a while.

Lisa - Enjoy the party.

Pip - Yogi has such an expressive face.

Machka - Good job!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    #27 Besides my garage door opener, there is this little gadget that I love, although I don't use it every day:
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip LOL! My grandfather had a dog that was really smart and understood a lot of words. He was easy to train and had dozens of tricks. Grandad would call the dog an SOB in a sweet, affectionate tone of voice, and the dog would slink away with his tail between his legs. My grandfather used only positive training techniques, so I don't know how he got that dog to do that, but it was hilarious. :D:D:D

My 1st, rocky was a therapy dog and I taught him a lot of tricks. When we would go to hospitals or schools he loved to perform for them. He won some local titles. He was my dream dog.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Barbara, I love your suggestion to Allie that she suggest Mary do the babysitting! Made me LOL!!
    Allie, good for you for sticking to your guns. You do look after enough people, you don't need to be looking after someone's kids too! Especially if there is little chance you would get paid...
    Love the sunset photos! I too am not always up to see the sunrise. Prefer not to be in fact, unfortunately, with the shorter days and still working a few days a week, I am up to see them, well, when there is something to see anyway, pretty cloudy and rainy the past few days. But that's okay because it's not snow!
    Heather, you seem to be so happy in your new home and I'm so happy for you! Nice being able to see the grands on a more regular basis.
    Machka, of course you finished with high distinction! Congrats!! :)
    Lisa, how nice that you won't have to go to El Paso! And just lovely that you are getting a chance to meet with your new group in a social atmosphere at the Christmas party!
    I agree that we need more variety in the ways we can express ourselves in each individual post, lol would be great, as many times I really do! Like just doesn't really cut it. Oh well, you ladies will just have to know that many times I giggle at something that has been written!
    Just about time to get something started for dinner, have no idea what we're going to have so this could be a challenge! I have been watching much more carefully what I've been putting in my mouth, the scale is moving in the right direction, altho it is so infinitesimally slow.... I know I didn't gain it all overnight, I can't expect to lose it all overnight, but still.... Patience is, unfortunately, not my strong suit... and darn it, sometimes it seems that it does come back at the speed of light!
    Can't believe it's the end of November! This year has gone by at the speed of light, and talking to friends and co-workers, they are also mystified at just where this year went. That's it for me, hope everyone has a great day!
    Welcome to the newbies, congrats to those celebrating and hugs for those needing them.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options
    :) For the past few years I have chosen a one word theme for the year and am starting to think about a word for 2019

Here are my words from the past
    2013-stretch
    2014-mindful
    2015-now
    2016-alacrity
    2017-balance
    2018-tenacity

I'd love to hear from any of you who have had one word themes for this year or any other. They might help me decide about next year.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Body Boot Camp DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Gilad’s Ultimate Body Sculpt DVD since we have a Newcomer board meeting.

Got an email that Newcomers is going to have a cookie decorating workshop after the December general meeting, so I asked some questions – will they be using Wilton icing, who brings the bags, the tips. Well, the gal who is head of the social committee asked me to lead it since she has no idea about decorating. I DO NOT want to lead it. Before you commit to something, you should at least have thought it out. So I told her that at this time I do not feel comfortable committing to leading it since I have a commitment at 1:30 and won’t know until that Monday if I can get out of it. Not that I have a commitment, mainly to have her squirm some. The email didn’t say anything about the fact that the cookie should be about 3”. My best guess is that this event is going to be cancelled and the reason that will be given is “lack of interest”

Went to Sam’s, they didn’t have the shrimp I want for Christmas Eve. I like theirs since the shrimp is larger, but all they had was the peel and eat and I don’t want to have the peel and eat type. The guy said they usually get them in sometime before the holiday and to just call. I also put us on the wait list for the shintrix vaccine, but I honestly doubt we'll get it. There are 100 people in front of us on the wait list. Oh well...I told Vince we should get it months ago, he didn't. Now he'll have to pay for the second shot, I'm still covered under our insurance but he'll be on medicare. Not my fault. Then picked up an order I had at WalMart. Now making lemon ricotta cookies for this gal at our Monday mahjongg. It’s her birthday Thursday and she just came back from a trip to Italy.

Looks like we need a new washing machine. The repair many was here just now and it’ll cost about $600 to repair. A new one is about $600. This one is about 15 years old. Vince is checking now to be sure it’s the same size. Update: we bought one at Lowe’s. It SHOULD be delivered the 6th. You need to buy new hoses in order for them to install the washing machine. I guess maybe the hose size changes each year. Well, a washing machine is HEAVY and that would mean that Vince and I would have to pick the machine up and place it on the pedestal. I wouldn’t be surprised if he or I hurt ourselves. So an $18 investment is worth it. Besides, those hoses are at least 15 years old anyway.

Heather – Steve just called, he’s going to be here the 17th. That’s when we’re having our christmas. Jess and Colby will be here, as well as Denise and Pete, I’ve invited (like I have the past few years) Jess’ friend Amanda, her husband Andy, their son Aiden, and her MIL Sue. That’s in addition to Vince and myself. Hope I have enough food!

KJ – I would have thought that “woo” was a compliment, too. Well, I very seldom use those icons, anyway.

Lisa – how wonderful that you don’t have to go to EP, and even more fantastic that you’re going to the new place’s Christmas party. You’re right…it will be good to have your first meeting with everyone in a relaxed atmosphere.

M – congrats on the high distinction. You are amazing!

Lenora – when we lived in the Poconos, we had gnats all the time. When we moved to Kennett Square and now in NC, we don’t have any. Go figure! I’m so sorry about your friend.

I need to decorate the main Christmas tree. Really need to do that pretty soon. Vince is thinking that after the board meeting tomorrow, we’ll work some outside since it’s supposed to be fairly nice. I have a feeling that we won’t be going to ceramics. Went to ACMoore tonight to meet these ladies who do needlecraft. They said that the hooded scarf I made for Jess was fine but I think I may have put the border on the wrong side. I did get some yarn for Steve’s scarf. Since I make that on the loom, it goes pretty fast. I didn’t realize that I couldn’t use my 55% off coupon since the yarn was already on sale. But I did get two skeins since I really need to start on that.

I guess one of the reasons I don’t use those emotion buttons on the bottom of posts is because many times people post to multiple people. I may find one part that I’d like to use a button on, but sometimes it just doesn’t fit the bill for another part. So I don’t do it at all.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.13min, 131mhr, 13.2amph, 1.5mi= 85c
    ski machine- 42min, lvl17, resist 17, 137mhr, 1.75mi= 250c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.46min, 126mhr, 15.4amph, 1.4mi= 51c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.36min, 143mhr, 12.4amph, 3mi= 137c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.11min, 9.52min mi, 147mhr, .5mi= 67c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 5.11min, 9.52min mi, 147mhr, .5mi= 56c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.42min, 7.9amph, 139mhr, 2.6mi and clean bike so I can retire and get the other out = 225c

total cal 871

retiring the Road bike, getting the winter bike out
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    Offer accepted on house DS and I am helping DS#1 buy. The first one we offered on is still on the market. The second one was beyond a fixer upper. This one does have some things to repair but minor compared to the second home. We hope to have in his home by Christmas. Heather I have thought of you often over the course of this last month.