What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    Another Wednesday, another 7.2k row in the double. We went upstream past the bridge, picking through the grab-y weed mat, to see if we could spot the swan family. They still have 6 baby swans, and they're getting pretty big: Swimming on their own, not riding on a parent's back.

ETA: My most frequent current double partner is having hip surgery on Monday. I don't mind rowing the single (if I have to ;) ), but I don't like rowing alone for safety reasons. Hoping we'll pick up some new folks from the learn-to-row class that's just finishing up.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Took my kids to a new park which included a 2-mile walk around the pond and playground. Then went for a .5 mile run and a 1.5 mile fast paced walk. 6 minutes quick abs.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday

No PT again, so did early morning sprints by myself. A gentle mile warm up and then a mile of sprints all done by 6am.

Then after the school run, another mile warm up
    Hiit style workout.
    250m row 10 burpees, slams, plyo press ups, sit up
    250m row 9 burpees, slams, plyo press ups, sit ups
    down to 1

Steady(ish) state cardio
    10min easy on rower
    10min rolling hills recumbent bike
    20min rolling hills elliptical
    Cool down and stretch

Piyo - 1hour. Starting to get the hand of this I think, either that or I'm so bad the instructor doesn't see the point in correcting me
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Yesterday's workout was lots of walking and a 90 minute martial arts class.

Today I'm planning a short bike ride, since I think that's all I'll be able to fit in.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    146 minutes mowing lawn - manual w/ assists off.

Going to try and get a core workout in. Still feeling some soreness from the other day. Might end up doing a good stretching session.
  • firef1y72
    PT is back, yay.
    30min stair workout, not so yay. Very much a leg burner.

1.25mile run, just to keep the streak going.

45 circuits class, omg so hard, she always comes back with an excess of energy. What felt like a million burpees, plus I seem to have earnt myself a few for tomorrow
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ETA: My most frequent current double partner is having hip surgery on Monday. I don't mind rowing the single (if I have to ;) ), but I don't like rowing alone for safety reasons. Hoping we'll pick up some new folks from the learn-to-row class that's just finishing up.
    If I was in your neck of the woods I'd totally row with you in a double!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited June 2019
    20 minute W/U on the AirBike, then 4 minute intervals on the C2 Rower. Felt really good about this workout. First time I've pushed in a while on the rower. Not nearly back in terms of pace, but I felt good throughout and this was well executed. You want to gradually get faster and harder and end with your fastest pace. That I did well. Nice having the HR readings right there, too. I'd say I was around 90% on these.

Then 15 minute C/D on the AirBike again.

bhdk7x4bjd8k.jpg
  • aokoye
    ~10k in a 4. It was my first day back doing any sort of purposeful exercise since Saturday. We had a lot of trouble setting the boat* though I think there are a lot of reasons for that. The water, however, was amazing. Extremely flat and when we got to the flatter part of the river, steam was coming off the water. It was absolutely beautiful.

*keeping the boat balanced side to side
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Trying to recover from my Krav Maga belt test last night. Brutal. I did a 2 mile walk this morning to loosen up my muscles. Didn’t work, everything hurts!
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Shoulders, chest and biceps.
    Short run this morning to determine my heart rate ranges for the 80:20 running plan.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    6/27/2019 - evening at park - walk 3.84 miles in one hour.
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    60 min treadmill walk/jog
    3 miles
    38 yrs old, 5’7”, current weight 251.6, ultimate goal weight 200.

I’m 3 weeks into becoming one with cardio. I dislike running but have seen results with it in the past along with counting calories.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    45 minutes hot yoga- worked on standing poses mainly.
    45 minutes cardio kickboxing- I feel really dumb because I didn't know a lot of the moves and the instructor had to come over quite a bit. (She was very kind and encouraging I just felt very out of place). Oh well, I'll be able to do them all soon hopefully.

Also did my very first burpee using a Boce (?) ball.
  • firef1y72

Also did my very first burpee using a Boce (?) ball.
    Bosu ball burpees are harder than normal ones. I hate burpees with a passion, which of course means I get to do a tonne of them

• dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Speed play run 4- 80:20 10K program
    I am learning that it is harder to make myself run slow than to push myself to run fast 🤔
    I am going to trust the process 🏃🏽‍♀️
  • firef1y72
    30 min PT - boxing session, with some barging and kicking. Thought I'd been pushing myself hard this week but obviously not.

1 mile warm up run

Upper body strength work
    Started with bench pyramids, 25kg-47.5kg
    Then "auditioned" someone new as a spot and did 4@50kg. Not bad considering I've not benched above 40kg for a good few weeks.
    Moved on to some accessories, incline and decline dumbbell bench press, tricep work (skull crushers and extensions), front and side raises, hammer curl to press, shrugs. Then a good stretch.

My friday afternoon run with the 5yo was cut short because his brothers martial arts was cancelled, so we only got 0.5 miles in instead of our usual 2 miles.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited June 2019
    One hour of cardio - 7500m on the rower trying to keep the HR under 140 -- it drifted up a bit near 150 toward the end, then 24 minutes (the time left in an hour) on the AirDyne Pro @ 130 HR.

Learning my rowing HR is higher, typically, than the bike. Not a huge surprise.
  • aokoye
    Took a one and a halfish hour walk with a few stops along the way at various shops. I'm trying to take more walks because it's enjoyable and because I get in good podcast and audiobook time. I haven't erged in about a month and am realizing that erging likely aggravates my right shoulder (the previously broken one) as it's felt largely good since then. That's despite the addition of sculling and my general lack of doing PT exercises. As a result, I suspect I'm going to lay off of erging until the winter which is annoying but resting that shoulder is more important than erging.

I would like to either bike more or add in running but we'll see. In an ideal world I'd add in rock climbing, but I don't have the money for that right now so that will have to wait until the winter.
  • marc_ungaro
    marc_ungaro Posts: 1 Member
    Really nice relaxing morning of yoga...it's amazing how good mind, body and soul feel afterwards!